Sex and the City

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Aug 30th 2004, 11:59 pm

I started saving everything on disc after my computer crashed and I lost everything. I had tons of pics scanned and lots of info I really needed. I never thought about saving it because I never foresaw my computer crashing. When it did, I was bawling! Now I save everything I can possibly save. But back on topic....Sex and the City is a great show. It`s well written and not at all unbelievable. I can watch those episodes a million times and never get bored. They were supposed to have a movie to follow up with the series finale but Kim Cattral backed out and so they never made the film but the rest of the cast was all on board for it. Kirsten Davis`s character was supposed to go to China to adopt a baby and Miranda was going to go with her as her lawyer and help her out. I would have liked to see that movie but I`m pretty satisfied enough just to have it on DVD.
There`s Something About My Life....

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 29th 2004, 1:46 pm

Sex and the City Season 6 Part 2 will be released on DVD on December 28th, 2004. Can't wait!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 30th 2004, 2:33 am

I know! I'm such a nerd, I already ordered from Amazon. :oops: I've been on thie nostalgic movie kick lately (ever since the demise of my Anne and Star Wars tapes) and have been buying replacing the videos from my youth, and figured I might as well order it while I was doing all of this. It was all i could do to keep from preordering my extended dvd of Return if the King, but since for the past two years, extended LotR has been the only thing I can think of for my Christmas list, I can't buy it for myself. Anyway, yea Sex and the City! I love that the more recent seasons are coming with some commentary. It's kind of surprising actually that they have so few features. Are the Oz and Sopranos DVDs as Barren as Sex and the City?
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Dec 1st 2004, 6:23 am

Carrie Bradshaw placed 11th on the BRAVO 100 greatest TV characters list. Can you tell I'm totally milking that list to pump up my post count?

:wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 1st 2004, 1:23 pm

I don't like how HBO has released the sixth & final season in two sets. They are charging way too much, but luckily you can find it cheaper in other places instead of buying it off of HBO.com. Don't do that!!!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 31st 2004, 2:39 am

All right, I am really mad.

I bought my Sex and the City: Season 6, Part 2 set at Best Buy on Tuesday 12/28, the day it was released. I got home, watched the first two discs, which were fine, then I started watching the third disc when it started skipping. So I took out disc 3 and looked at it, and it was completely scratched up. I checked the other two discs and they were sort of scratched up too. Not as bad as disc 3, but still some. I can't believe that! I would expect that (sort of) if I had bought them second hand at a used cd store or off the internet, but NOT the day they came out from a retailer who only sells brand-spankin' new items! :evil: Anybody else ever have this problem!?

So yes, I'm going to BB tomorrow to switch it with a new set. I would have gone right away, but I've been a little busy. I'm starting to really dislike BB a lot.

~~Kristin~~

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 31st 2004, 3:37 pm

Kristin wrote:So yes, I'm going to BB tomorrow to switch it with a new set. I would have gone right away, but I've been a little busy. I'm starting to really dislike BB a lot.
While I am no big fan of BB myself, it is not necessarily their fault. Most likely it happened when they were packaged in the factory.

Hope the exchange goes well.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 2nd 2005, 12:23 am

Well, maybe my frustration with BB stems from other times I've been there. Within the last two weeks, I've had to go to BB a few times - for xmas gifts, for the SatC set, etc. I went about two weeks ago to get myself a new car CD player with my birthday money, and I was treated very rudely. Then the next time I came in the cashier was inattentive. I've just had some poor treatment at BB. Bad luck?

The exchange went well. I must have gotten there at a good time, because I only had to wait about five minutes in the exchange line, and during those five minutes the line got super long. Also, the guy that helped me was nice and said to just get another copy and come directly back to his station - I didn't have to wait in line again. He also opened the set to make sure the discs weren't scratched, and that it is somewhat common with boxed sets. Phew! No more BB for me for a while!

~~Kristin~~

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jan 2nd 2005, 2:38 pm

I tried to buy a car cd player from Circuit City back when I was 17. the guy totally ignored me although I was the only one in the section. I had to make the effort of going up to him to ask questions and it was apparent that I was interrupting his standing around. it was really frustrating because sure, I looked 12 at the time, but I was working full time and making my own money. I felt like I should have gone in there with a wad of cash and just held it up to get a response. sheesh!

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jan 4th 2005, 6:18 am

personally I can't believe they have the nerve to sell SATC season 6 in two parts in the USA. There must have been major outcry over here because I just bought the entire series, unseparated, on Amazon, in one pack, for £27.99 or something. You could buy the UK release too to avoid paying twice, but you might have to pay customs or taxes or something... :?:

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 4th 2005, 4:04 pm

Would the UK set be compatible with US dvd players, though? I don't know much about that stuff. I agree - HBO did an awful job putting out these SatC sets. There are hardly any special features, even on the last disc of the last set, that claims to have all sorts of bonus stuff. There is maybe an hour of extra non-episode stuff. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love love love this show (obviously, because I was willing to shell out the cash for every set), but I am disappointed with HBO on this one. AND they are way too much money. $42US for eight episodes and virtually no special features? That's pretty bad.

~~Kristin~~

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 4th 2005, 7:59 pm

Kristin wrote:Would the UK set be compatible with US dvd players, though? I don't know much about that stuff.
No, you would need a region free player that also does PAL to NTSC conversion. And I am figuring that the UK releases are anamorphic so you would have to have on that does proper PAL conversion.

Of course a player that does all that can be bought for $50 and up. I have been region free for a few years now and absolutely love it. :D

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 5th 2005, 5:39 pm

Too late for me anyway, I already bought all the existing SatC sets. Just making sure for other fans out there.

~~Kristin~~

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 11th 2005, 6:10 pm

If anyone is interested... over my winter break I made a list of songs from the SatC series. I also posted this in the Music forum:
1. Sex and the City (main theme) – Groove Armada
2. Respect – Aretha Franklin
3. You And Me And The Bottle Makes Three Tonight (Baby) – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
4. Just You, Just Me – Katherine Whalen (or Ella Fitzgerald)
5. They Can’t Take That Away From Me – Sarah Vaughn
6. I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
7. Devil May Care – Diana Krall
8. Love Hangover – Diana Ross
9. The Way We Were – Barbara Streisand
10. Hot Stuff – Donna Summer
11. Hot Child In The City – Nick Gilder
12. Get To Know Ya – Maxwell
13. Got To Be Real – Cheryl Lynn
14. When I Fall In Love – Lawrence Feldman (or another saxophone artist)
15. Are You Gonna Go My Way – Lenny Kravitz
16. By Your Side – Sade
17. These Boots Are Made For Walkin’ – Nancy Sinatra
18. Body And Soul – Billie Holiday
19. Moon River – Henry Mancini (Andy Williams version)
20. I Can’t Get Next To You – Al Green
21. Try A Little Tenderness – Otis Redding
22. Feelin’ Good – Nina Simone
23. Is That All There Is – Diane Reeves (or maybe Dinah Washington)
24. Main Vein – Jamiroquai
25. Breathe – Michelle Branch
26. Proud Mary – Ike & Tina Turner
27. If You Leave Me Now – Chicago
28. In The Waiting Line – Zero 7
29. La Belle et le Bad Boy – MC Solaar
30. You Got The Love (Now Voyager Mix) – The Source & Candi Staton
I can't find #1, #3, #17, #29, & #30 from any free/cheap download site, (I was looking at msn's music page, mostly) and I don't particularily want to join a download service, so I might be outta luck on my SatC compilation. :(

~~Kristin~~

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jan 12th 2005, 6:26 am

I have number 30 on CD if you want me to email you the file... it's the same mix and everything. it was the last dance at my wedding! It's my favourite club song of all time :D

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com