I Love the 80's/I Love the 90's on VH-1

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 10th 2004, 9:45 pm

fnordboy wrote:
candygirl wrote: Did you see Samantha Fox? Damn.
Can we say. U-G-L-Y You ain't got no alibi...you ugly.

She got so mafugly. :shock:
Speaking of 80s icons who haven't aged well, did anyone else see this month's issue of FHM (the American version) with the 20th anniversary reunion of the Revenge of the Nerds cast? Time has not been kind to Betty Childs. Surprisingly, Goose and Jefferson Darcy couldn't make it to the reunion.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 12th 2004, 2:25 pm

candygirl wrote: Speaking of 80s icons who haven't aged well, did anyone else see this month's issue of FHM (the American version) with the 20th anniversary reunion of the Revenge of the Nerds cast? Time has not been kind to Betty Childs. Surprisingly, Goose and Jefferson Darcy couldn't make it to the reunion.
Unfortunately I still get this mag from a sub I signed up for a few years ago when a client I did work for use to appear in it. So yes, I did see it, and it was probably the only article I bothered reading in a long time from that mag. I couldn't believe how Betty Childs looked. And wow...Wormser got old! :P Some of the behind the scenes stories were pretty funny though :lol:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 12th 2004, 11:14 pm

I just watched I Love the 90's (90 and 91). Just as good as the 80s IMO. Some hilarious stuff. Micheal Ian Black talking about Garth Brooks' black and white shirt representing the duality of human existence...I nearly lost my s**t. Hilarious stuff.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 13th 2004, 1:13 am

fnordboy wrote:Great, just what we need more Nirvana/Kurt airtime :roll:
Haha, I was cracking up over the derogatory remarks about Nirvana's guitar playing skills.

:lol:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 13th 2004, 10:16 am

candygirl wrote:
fnordboy wrote:Great, just what we need more Nirvana/Kurt airtime :roll:
Haha, I was cracking up over the derogatory remarks about Nirvana's guitar playing skills.

:lol:
Yes! that was hilarious too. :) I forgot who it was who said that though.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 14th 2004, 12:21 am

I believe it was Scott Ian from Anthrax who said it.

First MSCL sighting - AJ Langer appeared on the 1992 episode! I can't remember what she commented about though. Amy Fisher and Joey Buttafuoco (use the SNL Masterpiece Theater pronounciation)? Definitely can't wait for the 1994 one tomorrow night :mrgreen:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 14th 2004, 1:33 am

candygirl wrote:I believe it was Scott Ian from Anthrax who said it.

First MSCL sighting - AJ Langer appeared on the 1992 episode! I can't remember what she commented about though. Amy Fisher and Joey Buttafuoco (use the SNL Masterpiece Theater pronounciation)? Definitely can't wait for the 1994 one tomorrow night :mrgreen:
Damnit, I meant to remember what she commented on to post it here :lol: but I forgot... oh well. Good sign though seeing her, means they should definitely talk about MSCL. Some gems in these two latest installments though.. Mo Rocca as (Where's) Waldo... :lol: classic.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jul 14th 2004, 11:08 am

Where's Waldo was hillarious. Micheal Ian Black keeps me laughing, I can't figure out what I recognize him from, what did he do in the past? Dan Quail spells potato, and rags on Murphy Brown. Jay and Silient Bob raggin on her too was great. I'm still stuck on the snap bracelets, pre-teens who are into pre-bondage bit, great stuff. Only problem was after a few hundred times of snapping them, they didn't roll up as well. The one end stayed straight, so it was like a hook. And when all the teachers took them away, "everyone was sad, for about twenty minutes". Poor Joey Buttafuoco, anyone else remember the made for TV movie about it?
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 14th 2004, 2:52 pm

Michael Ian Black was on Ed, which I liked, but he is so hilarious on these VH-1 specials. As for Joey Buttafuoco, there was not one, not two, but THREE tv movies about his, ahem, "relationship" with Amy Fisher: The Amy Fisher Story starring Drew Barrymore, Casualties of Love: The Long Island Lolita Story starring Alyssa Milano, and Amy Fisher: My Story starring Noelle Parker (she played Reed on Sisters with AJ Langer). Ahhh, 1993 - the year of so many comebacks. I also find it amusing that Drew Barrymore starred in Poison Ivy and then Alyssa Milano starred in Poison Ivy 2.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 14th 2004, 2:57 pm

candygirl wrote:Michael Ian Black was on Ed, which I liked, but he is so hilarious on these VH-1 specials.
Come on... Ed sucks in comparison to his work on The State and of course he was in Wet Hot American Summer with a lot of The State alumn.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jul 14th 2004, 3:55 pm

Ok, Ed is where I recognize him from, I had no idea he was that funny. I'm remembering the Alyssa Milano TV movie, that was psycho, but hott. Come on, who hasn't wanted to yell "who's the boss?" in a certain context that will remain unnammed in this forum?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 14th 2004, 9:10 pm

"I don't have any poetry, I'm on f***king VH1"

BEST QUOTE EVER!

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jul 15th 2004, 6:08 pm

fnordboy wrote:
candygirl wrote:Michael Ian Black was on Ed, which I liked, but he is so hilarious on these VH-1 specials.
Come on... Ed sucks in comparison to his work on The State and of course he was in Wet Hot American Summer with a lot of The State alumn.
My favorite quote from him so far was his comment on Hugh Grant and the Divine Brown debacle:

"I don't understand why people are so surprised when men want to have sex." Or something like that. It literally made me LOL. :lol:

I love that they have the Snapple lady. I forgot about her.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jul 21st 2004, 12:02 pm

"I don't have any poetry, I'm on f***king VH1"

BEST QUOTE EVER!

That was hillarious. Then when they were talking about Nancy Carigan, Micheal Ian Black says: "And this is why women should not be allowed to play sports." I just about blew my milk out my nose, teach me to watch I love the 90's while eating.

The other segment that had me rolling was the two guys, I don't know their names, the one is reciting Lisa Loeb's "Stay" to the other guy and he's trying not to laugh, excellent.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 21st 2004, 5:05 pm

Nothingman wrote:That was hillarious. Then when they were talking about Nancy Carigan, Micheal Ian Black says: "And this is why women should not be allowed to play sports." I just about blew my milk out my nose, teach me to watch I love the 90's while eating.

The other segment that had me rolling was the two guys, I don't know their names, the one is reciting Lisa Loeb's "Stay" to the other guy and he's trying not to laugh, excellent.
Oh man those both were classic. I laughed so hard when he said the woman/sports quote. :lol:

Those two guys are really really funny. I don't know who they are or really what they do but they are pure comedy gold on VH1. That was hilarious when he was reciting Stay.