Saved by the Bell

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Saved by the Bell

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 21st 2003, 3:38 am

Saved by the Bell is being released on DVD this September! The set will include the entire season of Good Morning Miss Bliss and the first year at Bayside. My sister was sooooo excited when I told her about this :D

(me too!)
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Apr 21st 2003, 1:28 pm

Wow, yet another DVD set I will be buying this year!

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

saved by the bell

Post by lance » Apr 22nd 2003, 4:02 pm

(Shudder)

Not much of a fan myself, but my sister is. I will pass on this news to her.

Thanks Candygirl.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 22nd 2003, 4:06 pm

Gah! http://www.tvshowsondvd.com just posted the following:
After checking with Lions Gate Entertainment regarding the "Saved By The Bell" information which found on DVD Profiler, it was determined that the information was false. The news item has been removed in order to minimize the spread of the wrong information. When we hear official specs from Lions Gate we will post them. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
:cry:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Apr 23rd 2003, 11:53 am

candygirl wrote:Gah! http://www.tvshowsondvd.com just posted the following:
After checking with Lions Gate Entertainment regarding the "Saved By The Bell" information which found on DVD Profiler, it was determined that the information was false. The news item has been removed in order to minimize the spread of the wrong information. When we hear official specs from Lions Gate we will post them. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
D'oh!

Fortunately I haven't had time to call my sister yet. On the up side if the Dukes of Hazzard is coming on DVD, can't be too much longer till Saved by the Bell is out.

Question: Candygirl that link showed that the Tick would be coming out on DVD. Which Tick? Animated or live?

Best,

Lance Man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 23rd 2003, 12:36 pm

damn...got my hopes all up, just to be shattered like 20 seconds later when i scrolled down.

Damn DVD Profiler, so many false rumors come from people adding bullsh!t listings.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 23rd 2003, 1:59 pm

Crushing our dreams...

:oops:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 23rd 2003, 2:02 pm

lance wrote:Question: Candygirl that link showed that the Tick would be coming out on DVD. Which Tick? Animated or live?
According to the link, the 2001 Patrick Warburton version.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 23rd 2003, 6:24 pm

I don't know how false the Saved by the Bell info is, so I am banking on it being released then and as Season 1 and 2. A lot of other places I have been today seem to be listing it still.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Apr 27th 2003, 1:44 pm

candygirl wrote:
lance wrote:Question: Candygirl that link showed that the Tick would be coming out on DVD. Which Tick? Animated or live?
According to the link, the 2001 Patrick Warburton version.
D'oh!

Thanks for the info.

Best,

Lance Man

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Met Screech--it sucked

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Apr 29th 2003, 1:24 am

Hey, just as a little aside, "Screech" came to my university this year to do a lil stand up comedy and Q&A session. It didnt go over well at all. He was very defensive about his career and what came of it. He was no cooperative with the audiences questions at all. Anytime someone asked him a question that had to do with the show he said something along the lines of, that was 12 years ago get over it! And other such comments as "does anybody have any INTELLIGENT questions?" if someone asked about who was dating who etc. It really turned me off. He wasnt funny at all, and he just came across as pathetic. I know he was touring a lot of the canadian universities and I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience seeing him live? was he cranky???

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 29th 2003, 1:44 am

A friend of mine met him at a convention in Chicago (not a Saved by the Bell fan convention either) and hung out with him - she said he was cool as hell - probably because she didn't pester him about Saved by the Bell.

Someone else I know is friends with the band that he (Dustin Diamond)plays with and they all said he's cool too. Again, probably because they don't talk ask him incessant questions about Saved by the Bell.

I understand not wanting to dwell on the past, moving on, etc (which is why Jared Leto gets so annoyed when reporters who are supposed to be interviewing the band keep asking him questions about MSCL) BUT the difference is that Jared is now in a band with a pretty large following and the interviews are supposed to be about the album, the tour, etc. (meaning reporters from music magazines, not Tiger Beat, call him and ask to interview him) and then dredge up MSCL, whereas Dustin Diamond (despite his burgeoning musical career and recent Celebrity Boxing bout) is still known as Screech. He is probably being advertised on college campuses as Screech or Dustin Diamond of Saved by the Bell.

If he was doing an art exhibit and people kept asking him Screech questions, I could understand if he was getting upset but going to college campuses to do comedy and Q&A with students who grew up seeing him as Screech (and nothing else), what else can he expect? Especially when the kids are probably totally drunk (whenever we had free comedians or concerts at my school, everyone showed up tore and proceeded to get even more tore).

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Apr 29th 2003, 3:09 pm

Screech came to my University this year as well. I didn't go and see him, but I also heard that he got very defensive when you asked him questions about saved by the bell.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 9th 2003, 4:10 pm

from tvshowsondvd:
After some previous confusion about the upcoming Saved By The Bell - Seasons 1 & 2 DVD release, Lions Gate has come forth with the official information!

For five seasons on NBC (1989-1993), Saved By The Bell followed the adventures and misadventures of six students and their principal at Bayside High School. Zack (Mark-Paul Gosselaar), the cool preppy, Slater (Mario Lopez), the good-looking athlete, Screech (Dustin Diamond), the lovable nerd, Lisa (Lark Voorhies), the gossip queen, Kelly (Tiffani-Amber Thiessen), the cheerleader, and Jessie (Elizabeth Berkley), the honor student. With Mr. Belding (Dennis Haskins) keeping a watchful eye, the students of Bayside tackled topics ranging from popularity and the prom to death and drug use.

Pricing, running time, and exact list of episodes are not available yet (don't, however, count on "Miss Bliss"). A September 2nd release date is mentioned, though.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

saved by the bell

Post by lance » Jun 9th 2003, 4:25 pm

Candygirl,

Thanks for the info. Finally some good news for Saved by the Bell fans.

Best,

Lance Man