The Most Awesome Thing I Saw on TV This Week - by Kim

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 7th 2003, 1:28 am

GaryEA wrote:You must be having a slow weekend...

:D

Gary
Too busy downloading all the latest anime shows that premiered in Japan this past week :)

I love technology.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Apr 7th 2003, 1:49 am

Too busy downloading all the latest anime shows that premiered in Japan this past week

I love technology.
Oh well, that's a completely different story.

Hell, technology can treat me so well sometimes, I'd marry it if I could.

Gary

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Apr 7th 2003, 1:59 am

GaryEA wrote:
Too busy downloading all the latest anime shows that premiered in Japan this past week

I love technology.
Oh well, that's a completely different story.

Hell, technology can treat me so well sometimes, I'd marry it if I could.

Gary
Well, you know, the Japanese made that special sex robot a while back...

:wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Apr 7th 2003, 2:23 am

Well, you know, the Japanese made that special sex robot a while back...
ROFL!

I almost spit a mouthful of tea on that one... :D

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Apr 7th 2003, 4:04 am

Can't seem to find it now, but that was from an old Jay Leno monologue:
(the Japanese roboticists claim) It's always horny and it will never say no. They are calling it a "man".
:halfrobot:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 30th 2003, 1:53 pm

In honor of Kim's love for the 90210 alumni, I thought I would post this announcement here - the Beverly Hills 90210 reunion special will air on May 11! It looks like everyone except Tori Spelling and Tiffani-Amber Thiessen will be there. Yes, even Shannen Doherty.

I really thought I had already posted about this somewhere but I guess it slipped my mind.

:oops:

Anyway, the weird thing is that the show is being billed as a "10 year reunion special" - now since the show started airing in 1990 and ran until 2000 so how is 2003 the 10 year anniversary of anything?

Oops, I just read the copy more carefully - it's the 10-Year High School Reunion show. Okie dokie.

For more info: http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,11664,00.html
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 1st 2003, 8:29 pm

I just read that Brian Austin Green won't be at the 90210 reunion either.

:cry:

I don't know if I can watch it now. It just won't be the same without him.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » May 2nd 2003, 9:13 am

No David, no Donna, no Val...? What kind of reunion is this? At least Brenda will be there. The Brenda Years were my favorite eps, anyway.

"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 24th 2003, 12:22 pm

Return of the Most Awesome Thing I Saw on TV Last Week

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/st ... rt=&limit=
And now it's time for the Return of the Most Awesome Thing I Saw on TV Last Week. The most awesome thing I saw on TV last week was a movie on (where else?) Lifetime Movie Network called The Killing Secret. It starred Emma from Kate & Allie as a cheerleader with a quarterback boyfriend. I don't really remember the boyfriend's name, so I'm just going to call him Todd, because he was such a Todd. Anyway, Todd was (unbeknownst to Emma) having an affair with Punky Brewster, who was from the wrong side of the tracks and had to sew her own clothes with special fancy buttons that she found on discount at the thrift store.

So I guess because Punky was poor, Todd knocked her up, and she said she wanted to keep the baby, but Todd was all rich and s**t, so he wasn't having it, so he killed her at this warehouse owned by his rich dad and dumped her body in the lake. As you do. So Punky is reported as missing and Emma joins this stupid search party for her in the woods at, like, midnight! Why wouldn't they search during the day? I don't know. So then for really contrived reasons, Emma befriended Punky's mom, and then all of Emma's friends were pissed because she was friends with a middle-aged poor woman, I guess. And then Punky's body washes ashore during a beach graduation party attended by Emma and Todd and all of their rich friends. So Todd is the main suspect but the cops can't really arrest him because while they know he was doing it with Punky, and that she was pregnant when she died, they don't have any other physical evidence.

And then some crazy street guy gets arrested for the crime and everything settles down. But then Emma sees a picture of Punky wearing a shirt with fancy buttons on it and she remembers that she found a fancy button on the floor of Todd's dad's warehouse one time right after Punky went missing, so she goes to the cops, but they won't listen to her. So she decides that she needs to go to the warehouse and C.S.I. the place herself, so of course Todd shows up and tries to kill her, but then Punky's mom shows up with the cops and saves Emma and Todd gets arrested. Oh, and I forgot to mention that Todd's dad was J. Peterman from Seinfeld, which only added to the awesome-osity.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 24th 2003, 12:47 pm

The Most Awesome Thing I Saw On TV Last Week

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/st ... rt=&limit=
And now it's time for The Most Awesome Thing I Saw On TV Last Week. It's actually a tie. The first most awesome thing was the episode of Beverly Hills 90210 where Kelly takes in Tara, the crazy psycho. So Tara becomes obsessed with Kelly, and the writers basically rip off Single White Female right down to the matching haircuts, boyfriend-stealing, and pet-killing, although in Kelly's case, Tara killed her goldfish, like, who cares about their goldfish that much? Anyway, Kelly tells Tara to move out, and the actress playing Tara (who also played stupid she-wolf Veruca on Buffy) looks so much like Cheri Oteri that I kept expecting the whole storyline to be a skit on SNL.

So Tara pulls a gun and forces Kelly to drive to some cliff, where they were going to kill themselves via carbon monoxide poisoning. I think was the same cliff that Val threatened to jump from at one point, so they should just go ahead and name it Suicide Leap or whatever. So Kelly pretends like she really wants to die so that Tara unties her, and then Kelly grabs the gun and rolls out of the car, and then Tara goes to the nuthouse and is never, ever mentioned again like every other storyline on 90210 that was quickly forgotten, even though for most people it would be the most dramatic and unforgettable moment in their lives. But when s**t like that happens every day, I guess it's not as memorable.

And the second most awesome thing was this show that has been on for a few years on Saturday mornings called Endurance. It's basically a teenage version of Survivor, but better, because in addition to all of the inherent drama of the competition and the voting off and stuff, you have the inherent drama of junior high school with the crushes and the cattiness. And there is this one girl who is the most popular and everyone loves her, and she totally knows it and lords it over the others. So of course her name is Ashley. And she has a henchman in the second most popular girl. Whose name is, of course, Sabrina. And in the episode I saw, they were going to vote off the sort of awkward frizzy-haired girl.

So Frizzy begged not to go, and on this show, two teams are marked for elimination and then they compete to stay by playing a hilarious version of Rock Paper Scissors. So Frizzy's team ended up winning and staying, and then Frizzy was all hugging the other girls when she got back to camp, like, those bitches tried to get rid of you and now you are hugging them? So it serves the dual purpose of being really juicy and backstabby as well as reminding me how f***ing glad I am that I'm not thirteen years old anymore. Plus they have super-complicated names for everything like (I'm making these up) the Tree of Survival and the Temple of Backstabbing Bitches and stuff. It's awesome.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 24th 2003, 1:49 pm

Yay Kim!!! All hail the queen of awesome late 80s/early 90s cheesefests!!

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 29th 2003, 5:20 pm

I don't really have anything to say here, but needed to post in the TV forum to officially 0wn the off-topic forums. Yes, I was bored...and wanted to see what it would look like if I had all the newest posts in the Off-topic forums.

Fun fun fun.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 29th 2003, 5:23 pm

Oh andrew - you were totally ruling this biatch...until now!

:twisted:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 2nd 2003, 1:46 am

This week's edition, a little story I like to call Vixen sings

I am tempted to be totally disappointed that this movie has no 90210 alumni in the cast, but I guess since we have Kelly Martin, Joshua Jackson, Jamie Kennedy, Clea DuVall, and James Marsden all in one place, I'll let it go this time.

The most awesome thing I saw on TV last week was a movie on (what else?) the Lifetime Movie Network called The Edge of Innocence starring Kellie "Becca Thatcher" Martin and James "Cyclops" Marsden. First of all, I loved this movie because every time I saw it on my list of recorded shows on my Tivo (or Ti-faux, because it's not actually a Tivo), I started singing, "I've been living on the edge of a broken heart! I don't wanna cry!" which is a song from the '80s by some chick rock band that I had all but forgotten. But anyway.

In this movie, Becca was totally crazy and manic-depressive, except not really depressive but just manic, and really only manic in that she talked really fast and didn't wait for people to answer one question before she asked another. So she ran away from home and went to a carnival and rode the roller coaster because do you get it that the ups and downs of the roller coaster were like the ups and downs of her moods? So then she went on the Ferris Wheel and started hallucinating and climbed out of the car and then almost fell, so her mom sent her to the loony bin. And she met an anorexic girl named Ally, like this must be the general loony bin, because don't anorexics usually get put in a special eating disorder clinic? Or have my Lifetime movies led me astray? And there were other crazy kids there including Jamie Kennedy, who was gay, and Joshua Jackson, who had an imaginary friend, which was hilarious. But I don't think it was supposed to be.

So Becca meets Cyclops, who isn't really crazy, but just bad and went to the loony bin to avoid juvie. So they fall in love and do it and then the authorities say that they can't be together until they leave the loony bin, and then they are both supposed to be released on the same day, like, what are the chances, and Cyclops gets into a fight with his hypocritical dad and doesn't get to leave. So then Cyclops pulls a knife and a bunch of the kids bust out together but two of them accidentally shoot a security guard so they go back and then Ally Anorexic gets caught when they are all running away, so she goes back. So Becca and Cyclops decide to go to Mexico, but Becca is now, like, ten days off her meds so she starts to get all crazy again, like, this movie wasn't that good when it was called Mad Love, so why make it again? So then I honestly don't remember how it ended but I think Becca threatened to kill herself again on the Ferris Wheel and Cyclops saved her and realized how sick she was, so he made her go back to the loony bin and promised to wait. Or possibly one of them died. I think I fell asleep after Josh Jackson wasn't on anymore. But the first hour was awesome. And another awesome thing you should watch is Made on MTV, because a new season just started and it is a great show.
Last edited by Natasha (candygirl) on Aug 5th 2003, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jul 2nd 2003, 9:13 am

candygirl wrote:I am tempted to be totally disappointed that this movie has no 90210 alumni in the cast, but I guess since we have Kelly Martin, Joshua Jackson, Jamie Kennedy, Clea DuVall, and James Marsden all in one place, I'll let it go this time.

Joshua Jackson is a Dawson's Creek alum, which is good enough for me. :wink: