The Most Awesome Thing I Saw on TV This Week - by Kim

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: The Most Awesome Thing I Saw on TV This Week - by Kim

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 25th 2008, 6:25 am

From this week's 90210 recap:
Outside, Annie tries to avoid being late, but Harry wants to talk about Ty. He insists Ty should spend some time with the family. (Now will that be before or after they see The Bicycle Thief?)
Back at Casa Wilson, Harry and Debbie underscore their Midwestern wholesomeness by playing some sort of board game. Annie arrives home and avoids the nightly recap by saying she's really tired. Harry tells her how proud of her he was tonight, but she's already whooshed out the door before he can even finish his sentence. Upstairs, she mopes into her room all Angela Chase-sans-plaid and collapses to the floor, weeping.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 22nd 2008, 4:15 am

From this week's Gossip Girl recaplet:
Dan's got his hands busy with his new BF(F) Nate, who he learns is roughing it at the now-abandoned Archibald building. Scared sick, he pulls a total Humphrey about it and tries to ambush Nate into playing Ricky to his Angela Chase, which causes Nate to run screaming into the night.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 29th 2008, 7:18 am

From this week's Gossip Girl recap, a series of MSCL references!
That's just, like, known.
Lily sips her coffee and tells a totally equal and obvious truth: "You're making this much more complicated than it really is." Which is true in context, but what neither of them has figured out is that this fight is having them, because Serena has a point.
Blair, so completely on Serena's team that it's not even bitchy, just kind of awesome and Blair-Bear: "We knew."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 31st 2008, 7:09 am

From this week's 90210 recap (if this is going to become a weekly thing, I won't complain!):
Down the hall, Ethan spots Annie at her locker. She tells him she's brushing up for her permit test. He offers to give her lessons since he's an "excellent driver." Yeah, so was Rain Man. They flirt until that line of conversation dries up, so he tells her he would like to ask her to the dance. You can hear the faint shrieking deep inside as Annie accepts. And then Ethan adds that he's not actually asking her. He thinks it's too soon after the break-up but suggests that they meet up there and share a dance. They coyly plan to oh-so-coincidentally bump into each other but agree that it's definitely not a date. Oh, Jesus, grow a pair and make out already! This would be so much hotter if he were pressing her against a fence while Rickie Vasquez busts a move with Delia Fisher to Haddaway. Though I think Naomi becomes Brian Krakow in that scenario. Well, they have the same hair at least.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 4th 2008, 8:22 am

I'm beginning to sense a GG/90210 recap theme!

From the latest Gossip Girl recap:
Angela's with Rayanne at Let's Bolt!, worrying about how she has to unmake and remake an entire dress and instead is hanging out with Rayanne, who's like the adorable little devil on her shoulder that keeps calling her "dude" ten billion times in every exchange, and is also right this second wearing a droog hat. Their drinks arrive and Rayanne's like, I so covet your dress, who made it -- "I mean, it's definitely not Eleanor Waldorf..." -- and Angela snorts to herself, "Not yet." She admits she made that plaid dress herself, and Rayanne drags her off toward the bathroom so that they can trade clothes.
"I'm sorry, but this child seems to be the only one that can design anything that the buyers are remotely interested in." And just like that, the fight is having them.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 11th 2008, 5:49 am

From last week's Ugly Betty recap:
Wilhelmina Slater, what are you doing? Hiding in a closet while Marc shadows Connor and reports back to her. Wili whine-reminds us about how she ("that remarkably well-preserved EIC") tried to bone him in Florida last week, and actually admits that she feels stupid and silly about it. Marc advises her to talk to him, and that's not going to be happening, and then gives her the whole Eagle Eye about "Go! Now, go!" and but then it turns around on them and Wili's stuck, so she strikes a weird non-casual pose and fully goes, "Top o' the morning to ya!" They are both horrified beyond belief.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Dec 12th 2008, 3:29 am

I actually saw this episode. It was cute.
Willie's softening up a little bit. I totally didn't make a connection to MSCL
when Mark says "Go. Now, Go!" It didn't sound one bit like Rayanne in the intro
to MSCL, and I think it was pure coincidence, lol. But I love the other
references you post periodically. It's so cute, whoever writes these is obviously a hardcore MSCL fan.
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

nke csupo
Frozen Embryo

Post by nke csupo » Dec 14th 2008, 3:05 am

i have just watched 90210 and there is a scene where totally reminds me of MSCL. the episode at the fashion show where ethan broke-up with naomi and ty say sorry to annie so as her. The scene where when annie n ty talking n say sorry to each other, there is a shot during their conversation where just like angela n brian on the pilot ep. That is 'the priceless MSCL's scene' where angela n brian facing each other in the middle of the night on the road with the light and the shadow....!!! :crazyeyes:

i totally get goosebump...as it am watching MSCL. For me that kind of scene/shot is forever will be remembering as MSCL's title scene.
MSCL IS THE GREATEST TV SHOW IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE FOREVER !!!!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 1st 2009, 9:11 am

From this week's 90210 recaplet:
[Naomi] swoops in on the chance to tutor him in math, perhaps hoping to channel and one-up Angela Chase with a combined math review and boiler room session.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2009, 7:53 am

From the 90210 recap:
She stops cold, however, when she mentions her black orchid corsage. She wonders why he bought her that particular flower. He tries to brush it off, but she knows that black orchids -- her favorite flower -- have to be special ordered. She realizes that he must have discovered this on her Facebook page (listed in her interests right between spicy tuna rolls and the smell of Neiman Marcus, natch). Now she has proof that he actually likes her. With no small amount of reluctance, he finally admits he does. It's actually kind of sweet in a fucked-up Jordan Catalano-esque way.
From last week's Gossip Girl recap:
Owen tries to give the entire world a SLC Punk hello in this 607 club by hugging everybody, maybe he knows them or maybe he's just showing off or whatever, and Lily's like, "You're so popular!" And he's like, "When you don't have a lot of family at home, You've got to find it somewhere else," like that time his aunt and uncle moved away without telling him and he had to live with the earnest English teacher, and Lily's all impressed with how full of hepatitis the club is, and then Dick Casablancas comes flying through the air so hard and fast at Owen that his signature sideswept bangs are blown back into a big dumb bouffant and he ages about thirty years and looks his real age instead of the age he's supposed to be, and he calls Lily a "betty" and also uses the words "awesome" and "wicked" and gives a speech that means very little, and then a strange Bostonian accent comes screeching out of the low-key chaos with another speech: "Randy Walter Sheppard! My twenties are ticking away as we speak, and we've got to go now!"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 27th 2010, 7:45 pm

From this week's American Idol recap:
Austin Fullmer (19, Glendale, CA) is kind of dumb, kind of a stripper, thinks that sex faces are appropriate faces to make when not having sex, and likes to dance around in some kind of way. I don't know what to do about Austin. He knows what he's doing, but in this Dolores Haze way where But does he really? Is this just Nurture's way of accounting for the things Nature gave him and he's really a sociopath? Is he Bikini Kill: The Boy Version? Because now I feel like there's a whole level I wasn't getting with her until just this second. But also, to be honest, wouldn't you once in a while like to be Jordan Catalano and just be so hot that you don't even have to learn to read? So hot that illiteracy is an option?
And later in the same recap:
Chris Golightly (25, LA) was in 25 foster homes when he was a kid, and it was rough. He has blonde curly Brian Krakow hair and is very beautiful, and seems really broken inside. I'm interested to see where this is headed. He charms Ryan, sings "Stand By Me" quite smoothly and beautifully, when he's not zazzing it up in unpredictable and distracting ways. Also, the chain on his wallet goes down past his knee. I'm seeing the chinks in the armor already.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 15th 2010, 9:58 am

From last week's American Idol recap:
Big Mike hulks in the corner as we chat with Tim Urban about how delicious Coca-Cola products are when you put them in your mouth. SO PUT THEM IN YOUR MOUTH. Meanwhile, we learn that he's the one that got cut at first, which I didn't think they were going to tell us. But then Brian Krakow got thrown off, which is fine because his last name was "Golightly" and every time I hear or think that name there's a little racist Mickey Rooney pops up in the back of my head screaming "Miss Gorightry!" and it makes me feel terrible both for being white generally and for loving that movie specifically, so good riddance.
And again in the results show recap for last week:
Then we remember how Simon said -- after his truly barfy rendition of "Apologize" -- that he was not worth the dirt on Brian Krakow Golightly's shoes. Clearly hurt him.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 15th 2010, 10:18 am

Some oldie references that I didn't post when the recaps originally came out!

Buffy 2.3:
Joyce says that she's been to every classroom, but all of Buffy's teachers had mysteriously stepped out. Nice job, Willow. Snyder comes into view, and Buffy babbles that Joyce hasn't seen the boiler room yet. Well, say hi to Jordan Catalano for me.
Battlestar Galactica 4.2:
"Let's talk about Tory," Chip repeats himself. "Because we both know where this is heading. You like her, don't you?" And Gaius does a hilarious Krakow/Catalano thing where it's like he's been shocked back into latency and is so entranced by...himself...that he is just giving this performance for Chip's benefit. You know? Not like a gay thing -- well, kinda -- but like he doesn't really care about girls one way or the other, and Chip's pushing him into it.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 25th 2010, 6:37 am

From this week's 90210 recap:
Just down the beach, ripe for heartbreak, AAdrianna is trying to guess RuWill's secret crush in 20 questions. She doesn't get very far, though, because she sees Navid and LL. She says she has to find a way to get over him, and RuWill suggests they go to the band audition. AAdrianna says she'll try anything. RuWill clasps her arm around AAdrianna's shoulder, and they walk off. A bit later, the band members sit rapt as AAdrianna warbles out "Jolene." It's a bit Broadway in parts, but she has a good dynamic and tone to her voice. RuWill approves. And so does the band. They tell her they're going to nix callbacks and offer her the gig. Geez, I really hope this doesn't take a turn for the Rayanne Graf.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 28th 2010, 4:01 am

I'm not sure if we should chalk this up to the recapper being intuitive or the 90210 writers hacking into every cliche possible, but Lady Lola called it in her previous recap! From a recent recap:
Backstage, many of The Glorious Steinems are pumped about the big crowd for their first gig. AAdrianna? Not so much. You can see the fear (and longing for sedatives with a whiskey) in her eyes. She indeed pulls a Rayanne Graf and claims she can't do it. She claims she's never song in front of a crowd like this, which is utter hogwash since she was supposed to sing, dance, and act in Spring Awakening last Fall. But who watches this show for continuity anyhow? Needless to say, the band is displeased that she's bailing at the last minute, but they band together saying they won't go on without her.

And just like Zellweger in Empire Records, she pulls it together in time to sing 2010's answer to "Sugar High." She's shy at first, then realizes she could be singing in Russian for all it matters because the mic she's using is hooked up like an Autotune-equipped megaphone. The song is a bouncier version of The Pierces, and the crowd pretends to like it. Because that's their job.