Children of the Dunes

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Children of the Dunes

Post by Sammi » Mar 17th 2003, 2:03 am

So did anyone watch Children of the Dunes on Sunday? I just got done watching it and I thought it was pretty good.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Children of the Dunes

Post by lance » Mar 18th 2003, 1:48 pm

Sammi wrote:So did anyone watch Children of the Dunes on Sunday? I just got done watching it and I thought it was pretty good.
Nope,

I am boycotting Sci-Fi channel for their decision to cancel Farscape. I am glad though that Children of Dune was good. I heard that Susan Saradon was especially good.

Best,

Lance Man

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Mar 18th 2003, 6:42 pm

I'm on the fence on this one. The cast is very good, and the acting is appealing, but... I'm not sure. I really liked the first series, but this one is a lot different in some ways.

Then again, I hated the first series when I first watched it, calling "William Shakespeare's Dune" because of they way they shot it. After the second viewing, I really liked it.

Long story short, I'll hold onto any personal opinions until I've fully absorbed it.

Gary