Alias

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Feb 27th 2003, 10:04 am

Great news about Alias and NYPD Blue getting renewed for next season. I guess the folks at ABC might have learned something since the days of MSCL.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Feb 27th 2003, 2:50 pm

Thanks for the info. SAB. I'm glad to hear Alias made the cut. Bring on season 3!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Mar 1st 2003, 5:31 pm

Hi everyone even though Alias did get renewed for a new season I still think that many of you would enjoy watching Alias. Tomorrow night (Sunday March 2) a new episode airs; Episode 17: "A Dark Turn". It airs at 9 p.m. pacific time, 8 p.m. mountain time, 8 p.m. central time, and 9 p.m. eastern time. Next week March 9, is a rerun, but if you haven't seen it, it's one of the best episodes of the year and will help new viewers understand what has happened in the past. It is Episode 13: "Phase One" of season 2.

Some important thoughts to think about prior to tomorrow's episode:
What secret is Vaughn keeping?
Does Will know about Francie's secret or is he in the dark?
Will Irina get out of her cell? Does Sark break her out?
What is Emily's role in Sloane's evil plans?
Is Jack really aware of Irina's true plans?
Will Sydney loose faith in her mother (Irina) or Vaughn?
Did Irina really kill Vaughn's dad and the other CIA agents?
What is Irina doing in Sloanes house?

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Mar 3rd 2003, 4:08 am

Sammi, I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back to this thread. RL has been murder lately. I have been keeping up with Alias, though, as I have been since the first episode ever aired.

SPOILERS

Since A Dark Turn already aired, I must say that I hated the CIA for placing Syd in a position where she questioned what Vaughn was up to. It really was a no-win situation, especially after he revealed what he had been up to. Hopefully the fact that Syd risked everything by telling Vaughn about the investigation will help them get past the point they are at now.

As for Episode 18's The Truth Takes Time title, I'm thinking it has to do with Irina and revealing what she is really up to. Call me crazy, but I'm hoping that she is clean, as Vaughn said she was. She really did seem so genuine in her interactions with both Syd and Jack. Then again, Irina was very good at slitting her contact's throat and easily disposing of three men trying to take her down, so I suppose she is capable of anything.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 3rd 2003, 12:17 pm

Another great episode of Alias. The only part I didn't like is that Sydney's father takes the tracking device off of her mother. Knowing her the way he knows her, he should know better. Of course, this is only the 2nd episode I've watched, so I'm not an expert on the show or anything.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Mar 5th 2003, 7:56 am

Like TomSpeed, I've seen all of two episodes of Alias, so I'll add what little I can...

Irina's chip reminded me very much of Spike's predicament on Buffy. I thought Syd's dad only pretended to remove it, showing her a fake implant with a little blood on it to fool her. I also recall an episode of Nikita in which Red Cell used a jamming device to defeat Madeline's tracking implant, only to discover too late that she had recently had a second implant injected for just such a contingency.

One minor nitpick: Although the CIA does review intelligence from a wide variety of sources, it is technically the National Reconaissance Office (NRO) which is responsible for the KH or "Keyhole" series of surveillance satellites.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Mar 9th 2003, 2:54 pm

Hi everyone, just here to remind you that Alias is on tonight, It is Episode 13: "Phase One" of season 2. It is a re-run, but if you haven't seen it yet it is a very good episode. As usual it airs at 9 p.m. pacific time, 8 p.m. mountain time, 8 p.m. central time, and 9 p.m. eastern time.

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Mar 15th 2003, 2:42 pm

Hi y'all! I'm just here to remind you that a new episode of Alias airs tomorrow Sunday March 16th. It is Episode 18: Truth Takes Time and it airs at 9 p.m. pacific time, 8 p.m. mountain time, 8 p.m. central time, and 9 p.m. eastern time.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 15th 2003, 4:42 pm

I missed Alias last week. I feel better knowing it was a re-run. Of course, it would have been a first-run for me. Anyway, I'll try to watch tomorrow night.
TomSpeed

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Mar 17th 2003, 2:06 am

Last night's episode was great, but I'm sorry that Emily was killed. I think that based on Francie's comments tonight she will be found out before the season ends, either by Will or Vaughn, or maybe both of them together. I'm still wondering what Irina's true plans are.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 18th 2003, 12:33 am

I missed Alias. I made the mistake of buying a couple DVDs when I was at Wal-Mart. Bad Tom. Bad Tom.
TomSpeed

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Mar 29th 2003, 4:22 pm

Hi everyone! Just wanted to remind y'all that tomorrow, Sunday March 30th that a new episode of Alias airs. Episode 19: Endgame will be airing on ABC at 9 p.m. pacific time, 8 p.m. mountain time, 8 p.m. central time, and 9 p.m. eastern time. As usual it looks like a really good episode.

Some questions to think about until the show airs:

What are Irina's true plans?
How much longer till Will, Sydney, or Vaughn figure out who she is?
How is Sloane going to mourne the loss of his wife Emily?
What is the connection between Sark, Vaughn and Sydney?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 31st 2003, 4:50 pm

Alias was very good last night. I am very tempted to buy the first season on DVD. So many DVDs to buy, so little money to spend.
TomSpeed

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Apr 5th 2003, 3:31 am

A lil off topic but i thought id mention that the guy who played Noel Crane on Felicity and the Alias chick are divorcing!!! *sniff*

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 5th 2003, 5:49 am

Actually they are just separating, so there is still a chance that they will work it out. I'm not saying that they will definitely reconcile (and track records for Hollywood marriages aren't great), but neither of them has filed divorce papers yet.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?