Alias

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Apr 7th 2004, 1:20 pm

Season 4 doesn't air until September, but that are wrapping up season 3 in the next couple weeks and the way certain things are moving it gives me hope that it will be as good as Season 1 and 2. Season 3 is so bad that I wish in the final that syd would wake up and all of season 3 was a dream and they could start the show starting from the second to last episode of season 2. This way I wouldn't have to buy the Season 3 DVDs and I could pretend the season didn't happen to. It won't happen, but at least they are now setting it up so season 4 will be a lot better.

YvBaBy
Jody Barsh

Post by YvBaBy » Apr 11th 2004, 11:46 am

hmm...sounds cool though
I'll watch it for sure...I'll tell u what I think of this season after watchin it

i like jennifer garner a lot...i think she's a good actress and has a lot of power and represents females as strong independent women
ImageImage

YvBaBy
Jody Barsh

Post by YvBaBy » Apr 25th 2004, 8:11 am

They have shown two episodes over here yet and it was a great start!!
I think it's great to have sydneys mum a lil bit more in the tv-show...it brings more emotion into the show and I think it's really interesting to guess if she can trust her or not
I'm still not sure
ImageImage

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » May 18th 2004, 7:19 am

I am sad to say to all that enjoyed watching Alias, that ABC has decided to shelve Alias for Fall 2004. Right now they have it as a midseason replacement, but I do not trust ABC. Remember what they did to Karen Sisco last season (promising it a new time slot, but then cancelled the show), and of course remember MSCL and Once and Again. :redscreams: :sad2:

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » May 18th 2004, 9:42 am

Sammi wrote:I am sad to say to all that enjoyed watching Alias, that ABC has decided to shelve Alias for Fall 2004. Right now they have it as a midseason replacement, but I do not trust ABC. Remember what they did to Karen Sisco last season (promising it a new time slot, but then cancelled the show), and of course remember MSCL and Once and Again. :redscreams: :sad2:
I'm not so pessimistic at the moment. Sure, it was pretty surprising when ABC announced today that "Desperate Housewives" will air first and "Alias" will take the slot later. But at least they announced that they will air a fourth season, so there's hope. And ABC (like most of the other networks) is slowly moving to a so-called "full year" schedule, with less repeats and more new stuff launching all over the year. FOX already announced to start new shows in November, January, March and June.

But moving Alias to a midseason start is definitely a very bad sign for a fifth season of "Alias".

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 18th 2004, 10:03 pm

How can they NOT want to air a show with this and this?

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » May 20th 2004, 9:14 am

I have a good feeling about Season 4. I really couldn't get into Season 3. There were so many interruptions because of special event coverage (Oscars, etc.). I couldn't follow the plot lines. At least airing Season 4 starting in Jan. will allow for continuous episode airing. Unless ratings improve, I'm not confident about there being a Season 5.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

YvBaBy
Jody Barsh

Post by YvBaBy » May 30th 2004, 5:30 am

well they aired a couple of episodes of season 2 and i have to say i love this season!!
ImageImage

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jan 6th 2005, 12:02 pm

Anybody else catch the premier last night? I thought it was great, I forgot how much I missed that show. The setup this season seemed a little weak. [spoiler]The idea that everyone quit and joined a black op unit lead by Sloan and sponsored by the CIA seems a far fetched, but ok. I think once I get over that hump I'll be fine, it's still fun to watch.[/spoiler] I'm glad the show is back, and it makes we want to go back and watch the first season on DVD.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jan 6th 2005, 2:14 pm

yeah I was superexcited all week waiting for the premiere. I had a few hangups about the premiere, but I basically liked it. it was great to see two hours also!

[spoiler]I agree with what you said about the black ops. as if they need a reason to have everyone together. I think it would have been cooler if only half of them had gone undercover and had to hide it from the others. bring back more of why season 1 was so great. also, this show lacked the romantic tension between Syd. and Vaughn.[/spoiler]

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 22nd 2005, 5:07 pm

Early DVD plans for S4 from tvshowsondvd:
Alias is one of the hottest shows on TV, and one of the hottest shows on DVD as well. The interest is so high that - months before the season in question is finished airing! - there is already speculation about what form the box set would take. Well, we can satisify your curiosity a bit: the folks at fansite "Alias-Media.com" have passed along some information they say is quoted from Alias Magazine #9, and it's about the Season 4 DVD set. Here's what they've got posted:
SEASON 4 DVD UNDERWAY

" Team Alias " are already working on the next box set...

The new season of Alias may have only just begun, but the creative crew are aleady thinking about its DVD realease. " Our DVD box set have been tremendously successful, and we're trying to come up with a way to create some original content for the season four box set. " explained Co-Executive Producer Jesse Alexander. He went on to unveil the basis of what could end up being a very exciting part of Alias's overall history: " We're trying to figure out a way that we can film some kind of short that'll give you insight into some of the events in season four that you wouldn't otherwise know about. It will set up a little bit more of what the [ main ] villain, and what some of the main characters were up to, so that's exciting "
The season four box set is due for release later in the year."
Our thanks to read "Eva" for the heads-up about this story posted there. Stay tuned, and we'll have updates for you as developments occur. Don't forget that the 4th Season of the show just started airing, so it's going to be a long while before these DVDs come out!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?