Alias

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 2nd 2003, 6:58 pm

Cost Co is the way to go - only $40!

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 16th 2003, 2:02 pm

Megs wrote:I always loved seeing them together. They looked so happy and so pretty.

I knew the marriage was in danger when I read an article quoting Jennifer Garner as saying, "(Her marriage to Scott Foley) is definitely the most important thing I have to focus on, after everything I have to do for my career." Paraphrased, but nice. Your husband is second to your career? Anyone who is married/in a committed relationship will see the trouble in that sentence.
Thought you might be interested in this quote from imdb:
Foley: Garner Didn't Cheat on Me
Actor Scott Foley has spoken out about the meltdown of his marriage to Jennifer Garner, insisting there was no cheating involved in their decision to split. Foley and Garner went their separate ways earlier this year after walking down the aisle in 2000. And although Garner is now enjoying a romance with her Alias co-star Michael Vartan, Foley, 31, is eager to point out infidelity was never a factor. He says, "Nobody else was involved. Jennifer became a huge celebrity. She became a huge star, and she deserved everything she got. There was no other relationship, there was no infidelity. People get divorced, you know? Through no one's fault and everyone's fault." Foley recently moved from Los Angeles to New York to prepare for the new play The Violet Hour, and he's no longer interested in life in the spotlight. He adds, "I've seen the demands that it requires, and I don't have the patience for that. If it comes along, it comes along."

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 5th 2003, 2:34 am

Info from tvshowsondvd:
In what can only be described as one of the stupidest moves in DVD history, Buena Vista Home Entertainment destroys all the magic of one of their own releases.

For those of you that have purchased Alias: Season 2 and haven't seen the show before, you must NOT watch the trailers which appear on the disc!! There's an ad for the third season of Alias which gives away every major plot development in the second season. Just press the "menu" button to skip over all the trailers when the "coming attractions" screen pops up.

I simply can not believe that this was done. To spoil 22 episodes of one of the best TV shows, ON the release of the series...I just don't understand this. The trailer is found on disc 1 of the set, but could also be found on other BVHE DVDs, so watch out!

My advice to everyone is to call the Buena Vista Home Entertainment assistance line (1-800-477-2811 US, 1-888-877-2843 CAN) and tell them what an insane idea it was to include that trailer on the DVD set.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Dec 5th 2003, 9:40 am

I bought the set last night. I was kind of annoyed by the trailers -- there are too many. I saw the trailer for Alias. Fortunately, I was mostly tuned out, waiting for the main menu to appear. Trailers on DVD sets people buy are so unnecessary and annoying. Thanks for the tip!
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jan 21st 2004, 12:07 pm

My girlfriend gave me the first season on DVD last night for my birthday present. Yay! It has begun...
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Jan 21st 2004, 2:59 pm

Happy Watching. This first season is still my favorite season of Alias and is definitely worthwhile watching.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jan 27th 2004, 4:53 pm

I think I'm episode 7 right now, but so far I've really enjoyed it. I like all the music they use in the show, I hadn't noticed that before. I also am enjoying it immensly with no commercials. There are so many little twists to the story that it's easy to miss something, and when I'm zoning out or wondering around the house during commericals I don't pick up on all of them. I'm looking forward to more watching the rest.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 6th 2004, 8:37 pm

S3 DVD info from tvshowsondvd:
DVDAnswers.com's Tom Woodward did a little digging and got the scoop here about Alias - Season 3. Buena Vista told him that the exact release date for the third DVD set in Region 1 will be on September 7th.

DVDAnswers also reports that the release "should set you back somewhere in the region of $69.99. Again, each of the episodes should be presented in anamorphic widescreen along with Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks."

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Feb 7th 2004, 12:24 am

Only 7 months away :D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 7th 2004, 10:13 pm

More S3 info from tvshowsondvd:
Just yesterday we reported to you about Alias - Season 3's planned DVD release on Sept. 7th, at a list price of $69.99. That info came to us courtesy of DVDAnswers webmaster Tom Woodward, who reported about it at his site. Now, thanks to Tom's courtesy in sharing with us his early information, we now have a LOT more info for you about this set!
Who can you trust? Can you trust yourself? This is where super secret agent Sydney Bristow finds herself in the exciting third season of Alias, collected on the Alias - Season 3 DVD box set from Buena Vista Home Entertainment and Touchstone Television. This explosive knockout 6-DVD set includes all 22 third season episodes and a ton of thrilling, never-before-seen bonus features.
Among the bonus features on this knockout DVD box set are:

Audio Commentaries, including the "Biggest Alias Fan," who will be chosen in a national promotion
"Burbank to Barcelona" - a featurette on production design, and how the show creates cities around the world
"An Inside Look at the Gadget Lab" - see Marshall Finkman's gadgets go from script to screen
"The Alias Diaries" - meet the unsung craftsmen and technicians who bring the show to life, and go behind the scenes as they interact with the creators
Script Scanner
Deleted Scenes
Blooper Reel
And More!
Note: Bonus material subject to change.

For both viewers new to the storyline and die-hard fans, Alias - Season 3 delivers not just the episodes, but a comprehensive package that encompasses the entire Alias world. This is the place to discover TV's hottest story, starring Hollywood sensation Jennifer Garner (Daredevil) as Sydney Bristow, a young woman recruited from college to become a spy. In Alias - Season 3, Sydney is determined to find out who she is, where she's been and what she's done for the last 2 years. The suspense is heightened as Sydney fights to regain her place in the CIA - and maybe even get back the love of her life, Vaughn (Michael Vartan, One Hour Photo). Created and Executive Produced by J. J. Abrams.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

alias

Post by lance » Mar 24th 2004, 10:47 pm

Season 3 DVD artwork is now being shown on http://www.tvshowsondvd.com

-LanceMan

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Apr 4th 2004, 7:10 pm

Jennifer Garner says in an article on http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_ma ... 1|,00.html that Alias is going to be picked up for season 4. Don't read the article unless you want to read a spoiler for up coming episodes.

YvBaBy
Jody Barsh

Post by YvBaBy » Apr 6th 2004, 5:49 am

i liked alias a lot, but I didn't have the time watch it a lot...I'm excited bout season 2 which will air in bout a week though
ImageImage

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Apr 6th 2004, 10:04 am

Season 2 is definitely a good season to watch. I think Season 1 and 2 are the best. Season 3 though is kind of a let down for many reasons, but it is finally starting to move back in the right direction so that Season 4 will be kin to Season 1 and 2. I would definitely watch it if you have time, it is some of the best television out there.

YvBaBy
Jody Barsh

Post by YvBaBy » Apr 7th 2004, 10:13 am

I will definitly watch it :) there aren't a lot of good tv shows on at the moment..so I'm really excited bout the new season!
wow they already air season 4 over there?
ImageImage