Angel

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Feb 7th 2003, 10:24 am

I thought Lorne was a regular since the ep where he took the 3 guys into his home dimension (?Keritas?) when Cordy got sucked in there. That was a while ago and it seemed to me Lorne was in every ep, no? Whatever the case, I sure hope this is not the end of this great show.
I think the idea of Angel's kid coming into the storyline is a good idea, I just can't stand that actor. What a putz! Who is he related to?
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 7th 2003, 6:31 pm

candygirl wrote:
lance wrote: The guy who plays Lorne is going to be a regular cast member by the end of the season.
So back to the topic at hand (in a land far far away from Demi Moore in Striptease), I love Lorne! It's too bad that they are making him a regular at the end of what may be the show's last season :(

I felt guilty that I haven't been keeping up with Angel this season, so I taped last week and this week's episodes then went back to read all the recaps so that I was properly caught up before watching the last two eps. In reading the recaps, I realized that I have watched a lot more of Angel in the last three years than I thought!

As far as Conner is concerned, he has been an annoyance since the night he was born!
Here's hoping that Angel somehow gets renewed. Yeah, Conner has been a major impediment to Angel's champion role. Let's see what happens. I am glad that you have been able to keep up with Angel happenings. The show has only gotten better with time.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Angel DVDs

Post by lance » Feb 12th 2003, 9:42 am

Hey all,

Minor question for you. At Amazon.com if you look at the picture of the Angel DVDs you see that each DVD has a picture of one of the characters from that season. I picked up my set yesterday, Yes! I looked at the DVDs and they instead each have a letter spelling out "Angel".

Anybody have an idea on what's up with that?

Best,

Lance Man

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 12th 2003, 10:12 am

Alot of times mockups are made for marketing shots that don't match the final version due to cost considerations.

For instance I once heard about this DVD set that was suppose to come in a collectors tin lunch box...

"Uh Oh...Your going straight to hell for that one!"
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Feb 12th 2003, 12:39 pm

Mike, (laughing) stop it.... Don't even hex the Angel set. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Heaven forbid the same type of junk goes on with that box. And Lance, what do you think of the Angel box? Is it worth it. (Yeah; like I'm not buying it anyway).

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Angel set

Post by lance » Feb 12th 2003, 12:45 pm

K-man wrote:Mike, (laughing) stop it.... Don't even hex the Angel set. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Heaven forbid the same type of junk goes on with that box. And Lance, what do you think of the Angel box? Is it worth it. (Yeah; like I'm not buying it anyway).
K-man,

Given my mind blowing schedule I have not actually watched it yet, I am thinking maybe Friday? The packaging looks slick. Although my set may have been put together by someone either on a Monday or Friday. The episode guide was just smashed into the pocket holder.

The extras look decent. A couple of commentaries and interviews. I will let you know more once I get a chance to watch the set.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 12th 2003, 12:46 pm

mglenn wrote:Alot of times mockups are made for marketing shots that don't match the final version due to cost considerations.

For instance I once heard about this DVD set that was suppose to come in a collectors tin lunch box...

"Uh Oh...Your going straight to hell for that one!"
Mglenn,

Thanks for the info.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Angel

Post by lance » Feb 13th 2003, 9:42 am

Anybody catch last night's episode.

Wow.

So what do think got a hold of Cordelia? Any speculation how Faith is going to fit in?

Best,

Lance Man

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Feb 13th 2003, 10:31 am

I taped it. Will watch tonight. :wink:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 13th 2003, 1:52 pm

K-man wrote:I taped it. Will watch tonight. :wink:
Enjoy. The episode is quite good.

Gonna be three weeks till the next new one. This will be the first of I believe three Angel episodes where Faith appears. I wonder if we will see "Electric Girl" again before the season is out.

Lance Man

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Feb 13th 2003, 2:20 pm

Oh Yes...bring back Electric Girl! Hey Now!!!!!!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 13th 2003, 3:05 pm

I think that the latest plot twist with Cordelia stabbing Lilah might be related to her demon side. She agreed to become part demon without ever considering the consequences. Not that every demon is pure evil, as we well know, but...
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 13th 2003, 10:44 pm

DVD news - for those of you who haven't quite gotten around to buying the S1 DVDs, the package insert says that S2 will be released this September!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 14th 2003, 2:31 am

*sigh* I can't believe I finally caught up on Angel this season and now there won't be new episodes for three whole weeks. I suppose that Faith is worth the wait, but I hope she's still her sassy self instead of a wimped out do-gooder shadow of her former self. Then again, with the latest news that Faith will be getting her own series next season, I guess she would have to tread on the good side.

For any Firefly fans, Gina Torres (who played Zoe) will appear in three episodes of Angel.

SPOILER

Gina will be playing the Beast's boss!

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 14th 2003, 9:26 am

candygirl wrote:*sigh* I can't believe I finally caught up on Angel this season and now there won't be new episodes for three whole weeks. I suppose that Faith is worth the wait, but I hope she's still her sassy self instead of a wimped out do-gooder shadow of her former self. Then again, with the latest news that Faith will be getting her own series next season, I guess she would have to tread on the good side.

For any Firefly fans, Gina Torres (who played Zoe) will appear in three episodes of Angel.

SPOILER

Gina will be playing the Beast's boss!
Candygirl,

Yeah, (Sigh) I am not loving the three week wait thing. At least we now know (thanks to you) what is to become of Buffy. Hopefully we will soon learn whether there is to be a Fifth Season of Angel.

I already have Angel: Season Two on my list of goodies to be had. Can't wait.

Best,

Lance Man