Angel

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » May 17th 2003, 3:30 pm

First of all, thanks huge to Candygirl and all who kept me/us posted on the status of Angel. Now that I have reviewed all the networks up-fronts, I am grinning like a butcher's dog. For once, the few shows I make a point to watch/tape each week are all coming back next Fall .:D :D :D :D :D :D Angel, Ed, American Dreams and Boston Public all made the cut! I feel particularly fortunate as 3 out of the 4 really weren't expected to return. I am very sad though that Cordy won't be back, at least not as a regular. :cry: BUT.....Angel w/out Cordy is much better than no Angel at all I guess.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » May 18th 2003, 1:40 pm

K-man wrote:First of all, thanks huge to Candygirl and all who kept me/us posted on the status of Angel. Now that I have reviewed all the networks up-fronts, I am grinning like a butcher's dog. For once, the few shows I make a point to watch/tape each week are all coming back next Fall .:D :D :D :D :D :D Angel, Ed, American Dreams and Boston Public all made the cut! I feel particularly fortunate as 3 out of the 4 really weren't expected to return. I am very sad though that Cordy won't be back, at least not as a regular. :cry: BUT.....Angel w/out Cordy is much better than no Angel at all I guess.
K-Man,

Glad to hear that most of your shows got renewed. Not that often that one can say that.

Boston Public any good? Ryan still on the show? The actress who used to play 7 of 9 on Star Trek Voyager.

Best,

Lance Man

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » May 18th 2003, 6:41 pm

I used to like Boston Public quite a lot. However, Mini-me and Whitney Houston were recent guest stars. You really have to stretch the plot to get special guest stars in a show. I guess since the show got picked up for another season, the strategy might have worked. I'll try to watch it next season.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 18th 2003, 9:10 pm

FYI - there are previous discussions about Boston Public here and here
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

stuff

Post by lance » May 19th 2003, 9:06 am

candygirl wrote:FYI - there are previous discussions about Boston Public here and here
Thanks for the links.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 20th 2003, 12:53 am

Casting spoilers for next season

Tonight Kristin at eonline reported that Harmony ("The Actual Girlfriend") might become a recurring character on Angel next season.

Read about it here (includes online chat with Nicholas Brendon and Emma Caulfield)

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » May 20th 2003, 9:57 am

Candy,

Thanks for the link. So possible more fun with Spike and Harmony?

What dastardly plot will Harmony unleash this time?

Kidnap the slayers sister...no wait that's been done before, surely Harmony wouldn't use someone's ploy :wink:

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Angel

Post by lance » May 20th 2003, 10:00 am

Harmony on Angel:

Que the opening Angel music.

The Cast strides toward the camera with Harmony on the far right hand corner. The Cast continues forward as Harmony collides with a column or falls into an open manhole.

:D

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 21st 2003, 10:32 pm

From Zap2It:
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - We learned in the third season of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" that death isn't necessarily final for vampires with souls.

That should be good news for James Marsters. He's scheduled to join the cast of "Buffy" spinoff "Angel" next season, but when we last saw his character, the ensouled vamp Spike, in Tuesday's (May 20) "Buffy" finale, he was disintegrating after quite literally pouring his soul out to defeat the First Evil.

Jordan Levin, president of The WB Entertainment, is curious as to how Spike might be reintroduced to the world of the living.

"We're awaiting word from [creator Joss Whedon] on that as well," Levin says. "He's obviously a very creative person, and he hasn't let us down in the past. I'm sure he'll figure out a way."

Levin also confirms that other "Buffy" characters are scheduled to make appearances on "Angel" next season. However, Charisma Carpenter, who played Cordelia on both shows, will not return.

Although "Angel" was considered to be on the bubble to return for a fifth season, Levin says the decision to pick it up was relatively easy. The network was guided in part by the way another of its series, "Dawson's Creek," ended its run this season.

"We think it was the right thing to do for Joss, the right thing to do for the fans," he says. "'Dawson's Creek' taught us the value of being able to provide closure to a show that's been important to the audience and to the people who worked on it, including us at the network. With 'Angel,' we felt like it would have been extraordinarily abrupt to have brought it to an end, brought the whole 'Buffy' mythology to an end."

As Marsters and other "Buffy" cast members migrate to "Angel," so might some of the series' behind-the-camera talent. Whedon will devote more time to his sole remaining show next season, and Levin says The WB is negotiating deals with a handful of "Buffy" writers to move to "Angel."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

stuff

Post by lance » May 22nd 2003, 8:50 am

Cool,

Thanks for the article.

Best,

Lance Man

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » May 25th 2003, 10:04 pm

Sir Lance, In response to your question about 7 of 9, I think she will be back. I still watch the show but IMHO, the show has slipped steadily since about half way through the second season. Many of the original cast had left by then and were replaced w/ more mainstream, well-known actors, which I feel was a mistake. A few of the originals are still there and I do like them but the show has really strayed from it's original writing style I think. But....yes....I'll still watch it every week. I hope they re-run this last season over the summer. I did miss a few b/c of Jiu-Jitsu class this winter. :wink:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

tv

Post by lance » May 26th 2003, 12:17 pm

K-man wrote:Sir Lance, In response to your question about 7 of 9, I think she will be back. I still watch the show but IMHO, the show has slipped steadily since about half way through the second season. Many of the original cast had left by then and were replaced w/ more mainstream, well-known actors, which I feel was a mistake. A few of the originals are still there and I do like them but the show has really strayed from it's original writing style I think. But....yes....I'll still watch it every week. I hope they re-run this last season over the summer. I did miss a few b/c of Jiu-Jitsu class this winter. :wink:
Cool,

Thanks for the update. Some shows are character driven and if the characters leave so goes the show. Others, like Law & Order for example, can have complete cast turn overs every couple of years and still go strong. Go figure.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 27th 2003, 3:48 pm

Interview with Joss Whedon regarding Cordelia's return (or lack thereof) to Angel is available here

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » May 27th 2003, 10:12 pm

Candy,

Thanks again for using those cuffs on the side of good and not evil.

Thanks for the link.

Best,

Lance Man

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » May 27th 2003, 10:53 pm

That's an interesting interview w/ Joss. Sounds like Cordy left on their terms not hers. Thanks for posting the link Candy. Personally I would rather see Cordy every week instead of Spike. (no offense to all Spike-fans :wink: )