Angel

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Aug 9th 2004, 7:48 pm

The WB are MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure they are going to blame cancellation of this greatest of shows on someone else. JERKS!!!! :twisted: :evil:
On a lighter note, I can't wait for the movies. I just hope the WB doesn't get the privilege of airing them. SCUMBAGS! :evil:
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 15th 2004, 7:14 pm

According to Charisma Carpenter's site, she will be appearing on Charmed as an evil Seer this season. imdb.com is reporting that she will be on episodes 7.3 and 7.5 which are scheduled to air in September and October. I haven't really watched Charmed regularly since the second season, so I have no idea what's going on. I know there have been discussions about how much longer the show will go on, and big name guest stars doesn't seem to bode well (Nick Lachey is scheduled to appear this season as well). At any rate, it will be nice to see Charisma again!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 20th 2004, 1:18 am

tvshowsondvd has some clips from the S4 DVD: Angel season four overview with cast and creators, David Boreanaz discusses the return of Cordelia, the Angel cast discusses the The Beast character, David Boreanaz discusses Angel, and Faith makes a jail break.

tvshowsondvd also reports the following on S5:
According to an insert within the Angel: Season 4 box set, we can expect season 5 to be released in February, 2005.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 21st 2004, 2:50 am

Similar to the BtVS Slayer Collection which featured character DVDs for Spike, Faith, Angel, and Willow, AtS will have character DVDs titled the Vampire Anthology:

Cordelia
City Of
There’s No Place Like Plrtz Glrb
Birthday
Waiting in the Wings

Fred
Over the Rainbow
Fredless
Supersymmetry
Shiny Happy People

Gunn
War Zone
First Impressions
That Old Gang of Mine
Double or Nothing

Wesley
Parting Gifts
Guise Will Be Guise
Loyalty
Sleep Tight

The R4 release date is September 8, 2004.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 22nd 2004, 10:09 pm

According to someone who attended an autograph session in Santa Barbara yesterday, Amy Acker said that she is now 5 1/2 months pregnant. Her son is due in December.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Aug 24th 2004, 6:11 pm

Yes, it will be nice to see Charisma again!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 24th 2004, 4:56 am

Don't forget - Charisma's first appearance on Charmed is this weekend! You can see her in the episode trailer here.

P.S. Did you see Gavin on Lost (David Fury is the co-executive producer)?

P.P.S. TNT will begin airing S5 on Monday, September 27.

frozen embryos
Nicky Driscoll

Post by frozen embryos » Sep 25th 2004, 9:34 pm

i actually don't keep up with charmed so that trailer has got me completely lost, but i think i could still try and watch this episode(for charisma) :-P

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 28th 2004, 5:11 am

Promo pictures of Charisma Carpenter as the Seer on Charmed are here. Very nice costume.

:shock:

She has a sitcom titled Cats and Dogs where she plays a lawyer - she is hoping the show will be a midseason replacement on UPN.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Sep 28th 2004, 6:23 am

candygirl wrote:Promo pictures of Charisma Carpenter as the Seer on Charmed are here. Very nice costume.
:drool:

I wonder if anyone actually watches Charmed for the stories... ;-)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 30th 2004, 4:21 am

Hee, when they run ads for new episodes with titles like the Bare Witch Project, what are the odds?

:wink:

In other Angel alumnus news
"Angel" vet Tim Minear is close to signing on as exec producer/showrunner for the 20th/Imagine-produced high school undercover drama set to bow later this season on Fox.

He replaces Todd Kessler as exec producer; another scribe-producer on the skein, Glenn Kessler, also has ankled the skein.

Minear will write and film a new pilot for the series, which is being targeted for an early 2005 debut. Rachel Nichols and Peter Facinelli still are set to star in the hour, which revolves around a law enforcement agent (Nichols) who poses as a student at a trouble-plagued high school.

Fox execs have been high on the concept of "The Inside" and are said to be particularly confident in Nichols' status as a potential breakout star. The original pilot didn't wow execs, however, leading to the change in showrunners.

In addition to working on Joss Whedon's "Angel" and "Firefly," Minear most recently exec produced the critically hailed Fox skein "Wonderfalls."

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Sep 30th 2004, 9:00 am

candygirl wrote:
In addition to working on Joss Whedon's "Angel" and "Firefly," Minear most recently exec produced the critically hailed Fox skein "Wonderfalls."
Minear is working again for FOX!? *shakes head* This guy really likes to suffer. Oh well, I'll probably buy the DVDs of the soon-to-be critically acclaimed but quickly cancelled "The Insider" in early 2006 then... ;-)

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 30th 2004, 12:17 pm

Sascha (sab) wrote:
candygirl wrote:Promo pictures of Charisma Carpenter as the Seer on Charmed are here. Very nice costume.
:drool:

I wonder if anyone actually watches Charmed for the stories... ;-)
I think it's funny how Alyssa Milano is always the cast member who is being turned into a mermaid or genie. the others are beautiful, don't get me wrong, but they don't often end up practically naked each episode. :wink: she is most obviously the sex that helps sell this show.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 9th 2004, 8:06 pm

Christian Kane is appearing in the new Billy Bob Thornton movie Friday Night Lights. Lindsay, all hot and sweaty?

You can also view the trailer for Charisma Carpenter's second appearance on Charmed here.

There are some Angel items up for auction on ebay.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 26th 2004, 3:27 pm

Seems like Joss Whedon says good-bye to TV series for some time:

ANGEL (The WB) - Creator/executive producer Joss Whedon has opted out of his overall deal at 20th Century Fox Television, where his Mutant Enemy banner is based, despite having a little over a year left on the pact. Whedon explained the move to Daily Variety, saying: "I spent a lot of time trying to think what my next series would be. I couldn't think of anything. When that happens, it generally means something is just not working. I didn't feel like I could come up with anything that the networks would want." As part of his release from the deal, Whedon can't work on any other TV projects for the duration of the pact and should he return to the medium, 20th will get first crack at any new efforts. In addition, Whedon plans to close up shop on Mutant Enemy itself, as the company's president Chris Buchanan and the rest of the staff will be released to pursue other positions. Overall, Whedon has been slowly transitioning back into features as his first big screen directing effort "Serenity," based on the short-lived FOX drama "Firefly," will be released in early 2005.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofut ... re&id=6758