Angel

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Apr 18th 2003, 3:39 pm

This weeks ep was definitely an improvement over last week. But IMHO if this show is fighting for its network life, they better get back to old form and fast! I am glad to see Connor stayed with Jazzmine. Maybe this means they will stake him already.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » Apr 20th 2003, 5:59 pm

K-man wrote:This weeks ep was definitely an improvement over last week. But IMHO if this show is fighting for its network life, they better get back to old form and fast! I am glad to see Connor stayed with Jazzmine. Maybe this means they will stake him already.
Yeah,

I agree with you on this one. Connor's blantant siding with Jasmine makes it much, much easier for the rest of the group to take him out. Given this weeks preview I am thinking that Connor's death may take place in the second to last or possible the last episode of the season.

Speaking about next season, anybody heard any news?

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 20th 2003, 7:27 pm

Little Miss Spoiled (me) is 99.9% sure that Connor does not die this season.

As far as next season, still up in the air. WB says they will announce their fall lineup on May 13, so fingers crossed until then.

Thankfully, the ratings for Angel have been going up recently. The Nielsen rating for Shiny Happy People was 3.92 - ahead of 7th Heaven (3.65), Smallville (3.39), Dawson's Creek (3.39), Reba (3.36), Everwood (2.64), and Gilmore Girls (2.58 ) - all of which have been renewed by the WB (with the exception of DC which is ending this season). The Nielsen rating for Inside Out was 3.55 - again ahead of 7th Heaven (3.51), Dawson's Creek (3.26), Smallville (3.01), and Gilmore Girls. Granted Angel was up against some reruns those two weeks (like Gilmore Girls) but still - there's hope for Angel!

ETA:
The WB's Angel, which is on the bubble for renewal next year, scored its highest adults 18 to 49 ratings last night since its Oct. 6 premiere. It pulled a 2.3 rating and 6 share, tying a repeat of The West Wing on NBC and beating CBS's 60 Minutes II and UPN's The Twilight Zone. It also attracted 4.1 million viewers, giving it is largest audience since moving to Wednesdays. It also built on its Dawson's Creek lead-in in total viewers, adults 18 to 49 and adults 18 to 34.
source: http://www.tvweek.com/news/web041703.html
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Apr 20th 2003, 8:00 pm

Aargh, I'm now blinded by spoilers! :shock:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel info

Post by lance » Apr 21st 2003, 9:42 am

Once again,

Thanks Candy girl for the latest Angel info.

:angel:

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 21st 2003, 4:32 pm

The Futon Critic is doing a Save Our Show campaign - info here

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 23rd 2003, 4:05 pm

Ain't It Cool News reports that Angel has been renewed by the WB - no official word from the network yet.

SPOILERS

ANGEL’s Fate Determined??

I am – Hercules!!

We’ve not been able to confirm this with our best sources, who appear to have retired for the evening, but the switchboard has been lighting up all Tuesday night with news from lesser sources that the WB finally decided to slide “Angel” off the bubble and into a fifth-season renewal.

For those just joining us, this is exceedingly good news, because:

a) Tim Minear’s fourth-season finale script is an amazing knee-slapper, and spins the show into a wholly unexpected direction (hint: one of the show’s most prized elements returns to loom larger in the Team Angel lives than ever before);

b) Some of the best writers from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Firefly” are expected to migrate toward Team Angel, transforming the franchise into a kind of Mutant Enemy supershow; and

c) For the many asking if Spike will die at the end of the “Buffy” series finale or if Spike will be a component of the “Angel” cast next season, the answer is apparently “yes.” You heard me.

The WB announces its autumn slate on May 12.

All rejoice now.

source: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15044

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Apr 25th 2003, 1:08 pm

First of all, this weeks ep was way, way better than the last two. Angel seems to be back to their/his old form. This ep rocked! Sooo glad to hear their ratings are growing. I am so happy!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » Apr 27th 2003, 1:40 pm

Great news about the ratings.

I hoping that the Angel will get renewed. The show has been soo good this season.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 5th 2003, 2:01 am

candygirl wrote:USA Today has a poll regarding which bubble shows you think should be renewed or cancelled. You can vote here
Angel scored the most votes at this poll. You can view the results here
candygirl wrote:The Futon Critic is doing a Save Our Show campaign - info here
Angel received the most votes once again (even more impressive since this campaign required actual letters explaining why the show shouldn't be cancelled, not just "click and vote") - you can see the results here

Angel already won the eonline poll, so I hope that all of these polls and surveys convince the WB to listen to fans. I still can't believe they keep ho-hum crap like Reba on the air, and the WB still hasn't decided about Angel.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » May 5th 2003, 11:27 am

Candygirl,

Thanks for the update on the progress of "Save Angel".

I just say last weeks Angel episode, "Wow."

This season just doesn't let up, which is good IMHO. First the Beast was the bad ass. Unstoppable, killing machine, but wait he's dead. Then Cordy is the source of badness, but wait she's out of it. Then it was Jasmine going to take over the world, she commands the loyalty of millions, but wait she's gone.

The preview for this week's finale looks impressive. Angel and co are apparently offered the remains of Wolfram & Heart, but with what strings attached.

I am hoping that Angel gets renewed, if so Greenwalt & Co are going to be hard pressed to match this year's excellent writing. Here's hoping they get the chance.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: angel

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 6th 2003, 11:04 pm

lance wrote:I am hoping that Angel gets renewed, if so Greenwalt & Co are going to be hard pressed to match this year's excellent writing.
If Angel is renewed, they will be without the writing services of Tim Minear. According to Herc at AICN, Tim will be the head writer of "Wonder Falls" (a new show starring French Canadian Caroline Dhavernas as a woman who has visions).

Minear was a consulting producer for Angel this season and also wrote several episodes.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: angel

Post by lance » May 7th 2003, 1:56 pm

candygirl wrote:
lance wrote:I am hoping that Angel gets renewed, if so Greenwalt & Co are going to be hard pressed to match this year's excellent writing.
If Angel is renewed, they will be without the writing services of Tim Minear. According to Herc at AICN, Tim will be the head writer of "Wonder Falls" (a new show starring French Canadian Caroline Dhavernas as a woman who has visions).

Minear was a consulting producer for Angel this season and also wrote several episodes.
D'oh!

Oh well, best luck to him on the new show.

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 8th 2003, 2:58 am

Wow, the season finale was great. I had read interviews that indicated this episode would send the show in a new direction and convince the WB that there was enough potential for another season of Angel. Lots of twists and unanswered questions - me likey!

David Boreanaz has debunked the Superman rumor, but the latest is that he is set to begin filming The Crow: Wicked Prayer in June. This is the fourth movie in the Crow series which originally starred Brandon Lee. Edward Furlong plays the title role and DB plays the bad guy. Tara Reid and Dennis Hopper also star in the movie.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » May 9th 2003, 12:07 pm

candygirl wrote:Wow, the season finale was great. I had read interviews that indicated this episode would send the show in a new direction and convince the WB that there was enough potential for another season of Angel. Lots of twists and unanswered questions - me likey!

David Boreanaz has debunked the Superman rumor, but the latest is that he is set to begin filming The Crow: Wicked Prayer in June. This is the fourth movie in the Crow series which originally starred Brandon Lee. Edward Furlong plays the title role and DB plays the bad guy. Tara Reid and Dennis Hopper also star in the movie.
Oh yeah!

Great finale, this show definately has room for growth. Some questions to ponder for next year: Will Wesley make part of his stay at Wolfram and Heart on condition that Lila stick around? Lila mentioned that only an eternal flame could destroy her contract.

Will Wesley go to the Kennedy memorial and stick her contract in that, thus setting her free? What did Gunn see in the panther's eye? What price did each of Angel's crew pay or will pay for the expanded capablilites of Wolfram and Heart? Will Spike now find it easier to get a 401K plan with dental from Angel's new operations? :wink:

I am certainly looking forward to seeing the contrast in storylines. No longer is Angel Investigations a "mom & pop" operation. With their new global capablilities the types and locations of evil that they could fight is much larger now that they have moved operations out of the hotel.

Wow. Great stuff.

Best,

Lance Man