Angel

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 31st 2003, 3:58 am

Dd at ASSB posted this info:
Date Posted: 16:01:11 07/30/03 Wed
Author: Dd
Author Host/IP: host213-122-191-112.in-addr.btopenworld.com / 213.122.191.112
Subject: David to direct episode 7

This month DreamWatch magazine in the UK carries and interview with DB in which he states he will be directing episode 7 of season 5.
http://www.voy.com/14810/132999643.html
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 31st 2003, 1:47 pm

From eonline:
JOINING THE FIGHT: Sarah Thompson, last seen on Boston Public, joining the cast of the WB's Angel for at least six episodes as Eve, a new assistant to Angel at Wolfram & Hart, reports Variety.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » Aug 1st 2003, 5:29 pm

Wow.

Sounds like great things are cooking for this season of Angel. Can't wait.

Lance Man

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Aug 2nd 2003, 6:44 pm

Yeah, let's get with airing the new ep's. already!!!!!! Or at least show some reruns as a lead-up to the new season.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 6th 2003, 12:19 am

A forum member at MTS was lucky enough to visit the AtS set this week. Following is her report (which includes some spoilers, which are marked a such):
This is a report of my trip to the Paramount lot. I’m posting two versions of the report. One in the Spoiler section that will contain everything, and one in the Angel Discussion section, minus anything I think might be considered a spoiler, or possible spoiler (what little there might be). However, if you don’t want to know anything, not even stuff most would consider common knowledge (like cast or sets) then stop reading now.

You may repost this report on other boards. Please give me credit and also mention the More Than Spike board and provide a link, since they’ve been so nice to let me post this.

I got to the lot at about 9:00 am and went straight to the Angel offices. My friend gave me the dime tour. First he showed me sketches of the sets from past seasons and the ones for this season. Then he took me on a tour of the Sound Stages so I could see the sets before the crew got there. In one sound stage they had a large area of Buffy sets and props. When Buffy ended, Fox let Angel have first dibs on the sets and props before letting other shows have a go at them. I recognized the cupboard from Buffy’s dining room and a bookshelf. They had a lot of stuff waiting to go to storage, mostly furniture and silk plants.

He showed me where some of the old sets used to live. Most are gone for good. The Hotel set has been taken down and sent into storage, probably never to be seen again. Cordy’s apartment has been down since last season (episode 4:1), so don’t look for it either. [spoiler] The set they used for both Wesley’s apartment and Connor’s cabin at the end of 4:22 is still standing, read into that what you want, but at this time they don’t know if they’ll be using it again for either. [/spoiler]

Next, he took me to the stage with the main Wolfram and Hart set. It’s GORGEOUS. It has a very homey feel, not at all sterile. It’s a two-story area, a kind of upper level lobby for the executive suites. There’s a large lobby with hardwood floors, elevators and a large staircase (a la Brady Bunch – you’ll see what I mean), lots of beautiful artwork and plants, and lots of light. On one side are offices for Wesley and Gunn. Both are the same size and basically have the same décor, except Wesley’s has more artwork and bookcases. The other end houses Angel’s office and conference room. The office is slightly different from the one used in 4:22, but it still has the big windows. Angel’s office is great, it has artifacts and artwork and antiques everywhere, much like his home on Buffy or home on the first season of Angel. He also has a private elevator. [spoiler] Harmony is Angel’s secretary. Her desk is just outside his office and is decorated with…unicorns! It’s hysterical. If you’ll remember, she had unicorns all over her cave/home in season four of Buffy. [/spoiler]

I got to see Fred’s lab and office. The office was being worked on so I don’t know how it will look, but the lab part looks like a lab, again with minor changes from the one in 4:22.

[spoiler] My friend showed me where they were building two sets for episode two. One is Hainsley’s parlor; the other will be Angel’s penthouse, which will be a permanent set for the season. I have no idea if Lorne will have an office. [/spoiler]

We then went for a walk through the outside New York street sets. He showed me the building that served as the outside of Angel’s office in season one, and told me a funny story about the night they blew it up. They thought this one wall was solid, but it wasn’t, so when they blew out the windows and doors the explosion knocked the wall back and broke water pipes, flooding the stage behind. It was also cool to see where they had filmed a lot of outside shots, not just of Angel, but of other shows too. I also got to see the infamous Star Trek “Barren Planet” sound stage. They had stacks of plaster rocks of different colors.

[spoiler] This day, they were shooting in the Wolfram and Hart office. It was the Fang Gang (Angel, Gunn, Wes, Fred, and Lorne) and Spike and Harmony. I can’t tell you much about the scene, but Spike fans will be happy to know that the coat is back, in fact, he’s wearing what he wore when he died (I know this will disappoint those of you who were hoping for a naked Spike this season – lol). And he does come back the way the casting sides for episode two have described. [/spoiler]

Episode two was written by David Fury and Ben Edlund, and is directed by Jim Contner. Fury was on the set for part of it, but I have no idea what Edlund looks like. David B. is looking really good, very buff. James is also looking good, well rested. I didn’t get a chance to talk to any of the actors, they were too busy, but the AD kind of flirted with me. I take that back, I did talk to Andy. He said “hey, how’s it going?” and I said “fine thanks.” Monday was his birthday, but he wasn’t filming, so today they brought him a big, green cake the color of Lorne’s skin. Right before I left I said “happy birthday” and he said “hey, thanks”. So that was my conversation with Andy. I didn’t get to see too much of the others from where I was, but Wesley’s stand-in looks like a tall Tom Cruise. Many beautiful men to look at today.

I did want to say this for those who have been upset about Spike joining the show. David is still very much the star of this show and is treated as such by all of the crew. However, David does not act like a diva at all. And James is treated no differently than the other regulars. I saw no animosity among any of them; in fact David and James were joking around at times. The crew is happy he’s there and I hope Angel fans will be too. I truly think Spike haters will find themselves laughing to spite themselves when they see this episode, and will understand why so many of us love Spike. He’s hilarious. I think you’ll also see that in general Spike will not have any more airtime than the other regulars in the cast. I hope you guys will give Spike a chance, he has such great chemistry with Angel and the others, and I hope you will stop picking on James.

I hope you’ve had as much fun reading this as I had writing it. And I hope you won’t be too upset about the lack of info, but single girl/beautiful men…not wanting to get banned from the set just yet. My hat is off to the Crew, the sets are wonderful, they really outdid themselves this season. This season is going to kick ass.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » Aug 6th 2003, 3:43 pm

Candygirl,

Thanks for the updates. The thought of [spoiler]Harmony as Angel Administrative Assistant[/spoiler] is such an awesome set up for all kinds of hilarity. Very good news about the crew chemistry.

I am looking forward to seeing how Spike interacts with the rest of the "Fang Gang".

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 12th 2003, 8:52 pm

From zap2it:
"Angel" repeats begin airing on TNT on Monday Sept. 29 at 5 p.m. Beginning Tuesday, Sept. 30 you can catch repeats twice a day, Monday through Friday at 5 and 11 p.m. ET.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 15th 2003, 2:34 am

hurtstolookatyou wrote:oops, i thought you were referring to the buffy season 5 dvd, since the release date has been pulled from amazon and other pre-order sites.
candygirl wrote:The Buffy DVDs are most likely showing as "out of stock" at amazon because amazon started doing preorders before Fox gave them the go-ahead. It actually happens a lot with Fox titles - they announce a release date, amazon starts taking orders, Fox tells them to stop, amazon changes the page to say "this title is currently not available," Fox gives them the green light, the page is restored, and amazon goes back to taking preorders. Meanwhile, fans freak out!
Update courtesy of tvshowsondvd:
A month ago we posted this news item listing Fox TV-shows-on-DVD releases for the holiday season 2004. Dark Angel, X-Files, King Of The Hill, M*A*S*H, Buffy, and Firefly were all represented.

Now Fox is advertising these dates at their official Fox TV DVD website. If you click on the "View All TV DVD Titles" at the bottom, and scroll down the list, you'll see the screen below. Below that, we have a close-up of the good stuff. Looks like it will be a hot winter!

BtVS S5 12/9
Firefly 12/9
[/quote]

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

angel

Post by lance » Aug 15th 2003, 11:39 am

Glad to hear that Buffy Season 5 is set for 12/9 release. Way cool.

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 15th 2003, 2:55 pm

Interesting interview with Charisma Carpenter regarding not returning to Angel and her new movie (airing this Saturday!):

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/tvNews/ ... 14&format=

Anyone else see her on Jimmy Kimmel last night? She looked fab!

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 16th 2003, 12:43 am

Thanks candygirl that is an interesting interview. I am one of 'fan(atic)s up in arms' about Cordeila's absence from Angel next season. I'm a little outraged especially after reading that article and the Joss interview posted in an earlier message. It sounds like she was canned without much notice and is being graceful about it. I have an entirely baseless speculation that Joss is just getting petty revenge because CC's pregnancy messed with the direction he wanted to take the show in. I am excited at the thought of [spoiler]Harmony appearing as Angels admin. asst. she's always so much fun. especially since she became a vampire. but i would have preferred to see her interact with Cordelia again[/spoiler]
Even though I'm not getting my way I'm still excited about the new season and very relieved that it is coming back and Joss hasn't disappointed me before (except most of Buffy season 7 but it still had some great moments. I loved Andrew's 'documentry') so I'll sit back and give him the benefit of the doubt but I will be keeping the remote closer than I have in the past.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 16th 2003, 1:36 am

I TOTALLY agree that it would have been hilarious to see [spoiler]Cordelia and Harmony interacting, especially given the circumstances of their last get-together[/spoiler]!

I had assumed that CC's silence for the past few months was an indication that her leaving the show was not voluntary, so it's a bittersweet feeling to have that confirmed. It sounds like she's taking it in stride, and I will definitely watch "See Jane Date" tomorrow (or at least set the VCR) as well as her upcoming guest appareance on Miss Match (Alicia Silverstone's new sitcom).

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 16th 2003, 1:54 am

I'll probably check out her appearance on miss match but from what i've read See Jane Date isn't really my kind of show. I might give it a look though because I'd like to see Charisma Carpenter playing a different role. She is funny, hopefully she'll land her own sitcom. Maybe Joss has some big master plan to use her in the new Buffy spin off that he keeps insisting isn't really in the works right now. wishful thinking i'm sure.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 16th 2003, 2:25 am

I can see how it might not be your cup of tea, especially if you don't like the Ally McBeal/Bridget Jones type stuff, but I like The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing kind of books so I think I'll be able to watch See Jane Date without too much eyerolling :wink: It will be nice to see CC play something besides a snotty biatch, and it's just a two hour tv movie - I've spent two hours doing stupid stuff like playing computer pinball, so at least this way I can say I'm showing support. Yup, I can keep rationalizing!

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 16th 2003, 9:18 am

good argument candygirl. I spent hours yesterday scanning the forum for things I care to discuss (and playing online hearts on the side) so I certainly can spare the time. I think I was experiencing a bit of computer withdrawl after the power outage. I hadn't thought of "See Jane Date" as being similar to Ally McBeal (which I liked a bit in season one and 2 but then lost interest) or Bridget Jones (which I still haven't made up my mind about but have seen more than once but never read). So now you've shown your support by recruiting one viewer. Well if I'm home. Actually I checked the listings and it doesn't seem to be airing here at this time. I think it's airing on ABC Family which is one of the few us stations I don't get here. usually a canadian station simulcasts shows that air on US networks, maybe it'll be on later in the week.