Six Feet Under

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » May 14th 2003, 5:57 am

:)
Squeaky Wheel could be my Indian name...

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 14th 2003, 1:23 pm

Hee, ever read Going Down by Jennifer Belle? The main character says that when she went to the natural history museum with her dad as a kid, he said her Indian name should be Holds a Grudge.

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 14th 2004, 6:56 am

S2 release info from tvshowsondvd:
June 8th is the street date for Six Feet Under - The Complete 2nd Season, a 5-DVD set that will release at a list price of $99.99.

The disc-by-disc breakdown for this box set looks like this:

Disc 1:
Episode 1. In The Game (Audio commentary)
Episode 2. Out, Out Brief Candle

Disc 2:
Episode 3. The Plan
Episode 4. Driving Mr.Mossback
Episode 5. Invisible Woman

Disc 3:
Episode 6. In Place of Anger
Episode 7. Back to the Garden (Audio Commentary)
Episode 8. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Disc 4:
Episode 9. Somenone Else's Eyes
Episode 10. The Secret (Audio Commentary)
Episode 11. The Liar and the Whore

Disc 5:
Episode 12. I'll Take You (Featurette, Audio Commentary)
Episode 13. The Last Time (Featurette, Audio Commentary)

A Season 1 recap and episodic previews also number among the extras on this release, besides the Featurettes and Commentaries mentioned above. A 4x3 video transfer is accompanied by 2.0 Stereo Tracks AND Subtitles each in English, French, and Spanish. The running time is 780 minutes.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 18th 2004, 11:12 pm

You can view the cover art here.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Feb 19th 2004, 2:02 am

sweet sweet sweet sweet sahweeeeeeet!!!!!!
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Aug 31st 2005, 4:48 am

Now wasn't that one of the most amazing and breathtaking series finales in a very long time? The final five minutes just blew me away (repeatedly). The entire season four and the beginning of season five weren't up to par with the first two seasons -- but the last six epiodes of the final season deserve the verdict "perfect tv entertainment". It's amazing how good tv series can be.

Kudos to Alan Ball. He set the bar very high.

MoonSongs
Tino

Post by MoonSongs » May 21st 2006, 8:13 am

This show definitely raised the bar on television. It was a complete breakthrough of the typical mold of a show...verse, chorus, verse. It was complex, heartbreaking, uplifting, and sentimental. I thought that every season matured and was exponentially better than the last. After watching this show it pains me to watch 'regular' cable television. We have been spoiled...
"Man you sleep like this stoner I knew. He was, like, dead. We had to check his breath with a mirror."

losttvseries
Frozen Embryo

Re: Six Feet Under

Post by losttvseries » Feb 5th 2009, 2:33 am

When i first watched six feed under i was immediatly hooked. It was onw of those shows that i really could get into. i am picky about the tv shows that watch but this one was so good. i bought all the seasons on dvd so that i could watch episodes anytime that i wanted. i thought that the actors were chosen well for the show. Of course i was sad when it ended. This show was truly one of my favorites. i loved everything about the show. i watched some of the episodes more than once or twice. i give this show a 10.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Feb 11th 2009, 1:51 am

I kind of think the middle seasons lost their way for a while -- I lost all patience with Nate (and because of that LOVE Claire's "Watch my baby" rant). Although every time I say that the show kind of got weak in the middle seasons, I remember that I love Claire's, and Ruth's, and David's story lines, so I'm left with nothing to really explain that feeling with.
That being said, I also am was and am a huge fan of this show (though Deadwood is better IMHO). The show was amazing, and clever, and original in the best way, and featured incredible actors. The first season sweeps you up in the first episode, and as everyone has said, the series finale (minus what I would call very bad age makeup) was the best I've ever seen. Lauren Ambrose's occasional singing was a favorite of mine; the show always used great music (when the art kids sing along to Death Cab for Cutie is a great moment), and the episode of David's abduction was the most disturbing experience I've had as a television viewer (followed by Walt's abduction on the first season finale of LOST, and Dr. Carter almost dying in the camp in Darfur).
Anyway, old post, but still a good show. [I was doing some prep for school and came across some great pictures of Lauren Ambrose as Juliet in Shakespeare in the Park, performed on a stage of water.]
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Tish
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Tish » May 8th 2009, 9:01 pm

I love this show. On my birthday I wanted season one but dad says that show is sick. I think that show IS sick--sick as in awesome! I' didn't get to watch up to it's finale but the complete series is out (prpbably has been for a while). Idon't care what anybody says that show is deliciously deadly.
"i am a punk rocker, and i fight for justice!"