the Simpsons

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 27th 2003, 1:47 am

candygirl wrote: I know - that makes no sense.
No, no....it does. It really does. :roll:

I held off on buying this today too, though I dont think I will hold off till the end of the week :lol: Money is tight at the moment so I have been trying to save some cash.

GaryEA: No comments about my $52 figure :evil:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 27th 2003, 2:00 am

Yep, money has been tight lately and I'm saving up for a trip so somehow it seems better to wait and buy the Simpsons and Angel together - that way I go in knowing that I am spending $80 at once, which means that hopefully I won't buy anything else.

:o
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 30th 2003, 12:42 am

See couldn't resist...picked S3 up yesterday :D

sirhansirhan
Account Suspended

Post by sirhansirhan » Dec 11th 2003, 5:23 pm

Oh man, you guys are all going to wish I had never found this thread.

To the tune of Barry Manilow's "Mandy":

Homer: Oh Margie, you came and you found me a turkey/On my vacation away from worky..."

That's from The Last Temptation of Homer.

Or:

Lisa: What's Santa's Little Helper doing to that dog?
Marge: Uh oh...
Bart: It looks like he's trying to jump over her, but can't quite make it. Come on Boy, you can do it!

That's from Two Dozen and One Greyhounds.

I will post a lot more, but will stop for now before my head explodes.

sirhansirhan
Account Suspended

Post by sirhansirhan » Dec 11th 2003, 5:24 pm

By the way, this thread should always be at the top of the forum list.

Always.

sirhansirhan
Account Suspended

Post by sirhansirhan » Dec 11th 2003, 5:36 pm

Oh God, I can't believe I almost forgot:

Groundskeeper Willie: Boy...you read my thoughts! You've got the shinning.
Bart: You mean "Shining."
Groundskeeper Willie: Shh! You want to get sued?

That's from Treehouse of Horror V.

Oh crap. Same episode:

Homer: Can't murder now: eating.

From Treehouse of Horror XI:

Homer: That horoscope was baloney. Nothing happened except the pickaxe in my head, the rattlesnake bite, and the testicle thing.

or:

Homer: Marge, you have to help me. I have to do one good deed to get into heaven.
Marge: Well, I have a whole list of chores. Clean the garage, paint the house, grout the...
Homer: Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm just trying to get in. I'm not running for Jesus.

Okay. Really. I'll stop now.

For today.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 17th 2004, 3:16 am

News from tvshowsondvd:
Want the inside scoop on guest commentary tracks for The Simpsons - Season 4 DVD set? Well, Fox hasn't announced it yet, but a website called DVDFanatic.com seems to have found out about a couple of them.

Last week they posted this interview with Simpsons (and The Critic) Producer Mike Reiss. He had this to say about Jon Lovitz:
DVDFanatic.com (Tom Chau): Are you currently working on the next season's "Simpsons" DVD?

Mike Reiss: Yes I am. In fact, it's funny, I'm going in, in a couple hours to do more commentary and Jon Lovitz will be there. We could not get Jon Lovitz, he just wasn't available to do "The Critic" commentary and he's in town so he'll be doing some "Simpsons" commentary on the episodes he appeared in.
Very nice, but that's not all. Today DVDFanatic posted this new tidbit about Conan O'Brien also participating in the Season 4 release:
Thanks to "Tall Al" for this little scoop. After seeing a Conan O'Brien show, one of our devoted readers asked Conan if he was going to do The Simpsons: Season 4 Commentary track. Apparently, Conan told him that he recorded them the week prior. "Tall Al" asked, "Even the Monorail?" and Conan replied back, "Yeah, Monorail!"

So we are going to get a nice commentary on that episode! For those of you who are big fans of commentary tracks and Conan O'Brien, tune into Season 4 of The Simpsons DVD.
Not too shabby, eh? We thought you fans who had missed this would like us to pass it along. Our thanks to Rich, Michael, and Tom for the tip-offs about those articles. Stay tuned, because we'll have more reports about this highly anticipated release as further information becomes available.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 24th 2004, 10:31 pm

You can now view the S4 cover art here.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Mar 24th 2004, 10:45 pm

candygirl wrote:You can now view the S4 cover art here.
Very, very nice. Too tempting, must pre-order.

-LanceMan

Post by Guest » Jun 15th 2004, 1:38 am

Today is the day...Simpsons Season 4 should be in a store near you. I will make the purchase even though i haven't watched any episodes from the first 3 seasons I bought. I just have an overwhelming urge to collect these despite the fact that I won't watch them anytime soon. Damn the colorful packaging!

Kappster

_______

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 15th 2004, 2:30 am

Anonymous wrote:Damn the colorful packaging!
So shiny and pretty!

:mrgreen:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 6th 2004, 2:23 am

News about S5 from tvshowsondvd:
The word is out, and we're helping to spread it! We've gotten e-mail from many of you that The Simpsons - The Complete 5th Season has been announced by Fox Home Entertainment, and we're here to tell you it's absolutely true.

Will you have to wait until Summer 2005 to get it? Nope! Even though it has been roughly a one-year wait between season sets of The Simpsons in the past, Fox is going to get Season 5's DVD set out in time for Christmas...roughly six months after the 4th Season's release. The exact date is December 21st, so be prepared to plunge into the midst of last-minute gift-shoppers to get your hands on it! We'll brave the crowds, though, and won't give it a second thought.

What makes it worthwhile? Awesome extras, as normal, can be found on this release. Commentary tracks will be recorded by many notable cast, crew, and guests. Among the commentators will be Hank Azaria, James L. Brookes, Matt Groening, Al Jean, Jon Lovitz, and newly minted future host of The Tonight Show, Mr. Conan O'Brien. And that's just a handful of the participants! Furthermore, you'll find coolness such as deleted scenes, animatics, storyboards, sketches, Commericials, and intros by creator Matt Groening. And there's more in the way of bonus material yet to be revealed! Just as soon as Fox makes the complete list of contents available, we'll bring that right to you.

Specs on this are English Dolby Surround 5.1, Spanish Stereo, French Stereo, and subtitles in English and Spanish. Video is Full-Frame 1.33:1, of course. 484 minutes is the stated running time for what should be 22 episodes in the 5th season.

All of this will run you $49.98 in the USA, and CA$69.98 in Canada.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 9th 2004, 9:01 pm

You can now view the cover art here.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Dec 1st 2004, 6:28 am

Not surprisingly, Homer Simpson did very well on the BRAVO list, coming in as the fifth greatest TV character.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain