Babylon 5

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

tv

Post by lance » May 27th 2003, 3:25 pm

candygirl wrote:Don't worry - you will have Buffy S4 to tide you over until the next B5 release!

:wink:
Cool,

That's right Buffy Season 4 on DVD is just around the corner!

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Hey gary!

Post by lance » Jun 12th 2003, 9:20 am

lance wrote:GaryEA,

(tapping foot, checking watch) Hey, weren't you supposed to post your views on this thread?

Curious for the wisdom that only GaryEA can provide :wink: .

Best,

Lance Man
Still waiting...

:D

Best,

Lance Man

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jun 18th 2003, 9:28 am

B5 on Scifi update: Two of the best episodes of B5 will be on next week on Thurs. and Friday: War with out End part 1 and 2. if you've never seen the show this week and next is a great place to jump in and start... lots and lots of plot happening.

The cool thing is that the War with out end eps are the other half of a first season ep called Babylon Squared. And it suddenly puts a whole bunch of pieces of the show together in one neat little package... is shear brilliance on J. Michaels part.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Aug 1st 2003, 10:47 am

Just ten days left until Babylon 5: Third Season is out...

:shock:

I have warned Mrs. Lance that the ride home on Tuesday the 11th will be a rather rushed affair as I make my way to Media Play to pick up my copy.

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

b5

Post by lance » Aug 19th 2003, 10:14 am

Hey all,

Well I am up to episode 310-Point of No Return. Man, this show rocks! The remastered episodes just look awesome. The whitestar literally shines.

There is a brief introduction to the season by JMS and crew which is nice. I didn't realize that JMS wrote all 22 episodes for third season. He did a great job.

If you haven't seen Babylon 5, please do. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

b5

Post by lance » Aug 29th 2003, 3:32 pm

Just finished the episode "Ship of Tears"

Wow. This was the first time that I had seen it. [spoiler] This episode rocks because it ties together the Narns, the book of G'Quan and how Sheridan plans to fight and hopeful defeat the Shadows.[/spoiler]

The show looks awesome. I would love to compare the episodes shown on TV with the DVD set. B5 looks much "cleaner", digitally than I remember it being.

LanceMan

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

b5

Post by lance » Sep 24th 2003, 2:01 pm

:shock:

Wow, I am gone for a couple of days and all kind of fun stuff is announced.

Babylon 5: Fourth Season on DVD is set for release on 1/6/04!

You can see a small picture of the cover art at:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com

You can see an even larger picture of the cover are here:

abyss.hubble.net/b5/dvds/boxed_s4.html

Way cool. Going to be poorer, but richer come January.

LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 1st 2003, 2:58 am

from tvshowsondvd:
Fans of Babylon 5 will be pleased to know that the DVD releases won't end with the The Complete 5th Season (to be announced; roughly expected in Spring/Summer 2004). News about further sets can be found here, posted by J. Michael Straczynski:

...next year you can expect two new DVD sets that a) include all of the TV movies in one package (with commentaries from me on "The Gathering" and "In the Beginning") and b) package all 13 of the Crusade episodes into one box.

jms

The TV Movies consist of:
Babylon 5: The Gathering (1993)
Babylon 5: In the Beginning (1998)
Babylon 5: Thirdspace (1998)
Babylon 5: The River of Souls (1998)
Babylon 5: A Call to Arms (1999)

The commentary tracks mentioned give an added extra value toward people who have already obtained the old The Gathering/ In The Beginning disc which launched the B5 DVD releases. It's great that Warner is looking out for the fans on this.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Dec 1st 2003, 2:35 pm

Nice. Now that I know everything will be released, I may actually thinkn about saving up the tons and tons of $$$ it will require to get my hands on them all.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 3rd 2003, 12:07 pm

candygirl wrote:from tvshowsondvd:
Fans of Babylon 5 will be pleased to know that the DVD releases won't end with the The Complete 5th Season (to be announced; roughly expected in Spring/Summer 2004). News about further sets can be found here, posted by J. Michael Straczynski:

...next year you can expect two new DVD sets that a) include all of the TV movies in one package (with commentaries from me on "The Gathering" and "In the Beginning") and b) package all 13 of the Crusade episodes into one box.

jms

The TV Movies consist of:
Babylon 5: The Gathering (1993)
Babylon 5: In the Beginning (1998)
Babylon 5: Thirdspace (1998)
Babylon 5: The River of Souls (1998)
Babylon 5: A Call to Arms (1999)

The commentary tracks mentioned give an added extra value toward people who have already obtained the old The Gathering/ In The Beginning disc which launched the B5 DVD releases. It's great that Warner is looking out for the fans on this.
Super Sweet!

I just saw this info on http://www.jmsnews.com dated 11/30. JMS has something new to say about future B5 projects:

"On the B5 front, there has been something of rather substantial proportion that's finally gone from talk to money, such that I'm now working frantically to meet some deadlines, but there's nothing I can say about this until after January 15th, probably closer to the end of that month.

The only thing I can say is that phase one of the new project is a go, hence the furious writing schedule at this end of things, which is why I've been silent until deciding to kick up some dust on the political discusion. I've been writing my little brains out."

-LanceMan

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Dec 9th 2003, 2:22 pm

I finally got my Babylon 5 first 2 seasons DVDs !!!

No, I didn't get scammed by a late delivery company, I just didn't have time ( read money ) to order them before...

Since I has ALL episodes on tape, and that watching it all over again would be a tremedous effort, I just didn't bother.

But then, Season 4 is coming out, and I felt bad from being 4 seasons late!

So, until the 4th season is shipping ( is it already ? ), I am only 1 season away from begin current...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2003, 3:03 pm

MartinPierre wrote:So, until the 4th season is shipping ( is it already ? ),
lance wrote:Babylon 5: Fourth Season on DVD is set for release on 1/6/04!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Dec 9th 2003, 4:56 pm

candygirl wrote:
Yeah... I know :oops: I saw just after posting and hoped no one would notice... :P

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 11th 2003, 8:21 pm

MartinPierre wrote:
candygirl wrote:
Yeah... I know :oops: I saw just after posting and hoped no one would notice... :P
I hate when that happens. Candygirl is quite quick on the draw.

More courtesy of http://www.tvshowsondvd.com and ignfilmforce word the excellent sales of Babylon 5 DVDs may have helped launch the current drive for a new B5 series.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/442/4 ... ?fromint=1

-LanceMan

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

b5

Post by lance » Jan 2nd 2004, 10:53 pm

Only four days until Season four is out!

Also http://www.tvshowsondvd.com reports that April 13th is the release date for the Fifth Season of Babylon 5 on DVD.

-LanceMan