Babylon 5

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 29th 2003, 1:37 pm

I expect that the Hallelujah chorus has been playing in Lance's head all day and he is counting the minutes until work is over so he can run run as fast as he can (you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!) to CostCo, Best Buy, ANYWHERE and buy buy buy!!

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Apr 29th 2003, 2:17 pm

Is it for certain that all the seasons will be released? I'm hesitant to lay out the money unless I'm sure I can get the WHOLE THING. I missed the last few seasons when it began to switch stations. Its really a shame because I knew what a complete story was being told.

So...do we know if there is going to be a 5 season collectors edition? (and will I really have to pay $400 for it?)
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

b5

Post by lance » Apr 30th 2003, 12:03 pm

Hello all,

Yes, yesterday was a very, very good day. I ordered B5: Second Season through Amazon and received it yesterday.

Lance Man currently being an extremely busy Man, I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I did explore the packing. Very nice, used the same "book page" set up that First Season did.

Andrewgd, according to http://www.jmsnews.com JMS and Warner Bros. are almost done with the DVDs for season 3. He also hinted at Babylon 5: Crusade coming out on DVD. No mention yet about Fifth Season Details. If you dig back in the December posts on that page you will see that JMS reported that WB was quite pleased with the sale of the "In the Beginning..." DVD and the First Season set. WB actually wanted to get B5: Season Two out sooner than April.

Yesterday at least, B5:2nd Season ranked #3 on Amazon's top selling DVDs, First Season I think made it to #15 at one point last fall. Going out on a limb here, but I think that WB has been impressed by sales so far and that by the end of 2004 (assuming the release schedule holds up) we should see all five seasons of B5.

I have a three day weekend coming up this Friday with my name on it

:D :D :D :D

I intend to some serious B5 and Farscape viewing, with some ironing mixed in.

Best,

Lance Man

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » May 1st 2003, 9:46 am

Host: Welcome to Interview Tonight. We have a great show for you all with our special guest Lance direct from Epsilon 3. So lets get right to it. Please welcome Lance everyone....

<Applause and Cheers>
<Lances enters and sits across from host>

Host: Welcome to the show Lance. What can you tell us about yourself?

Lance: Lance is oldest living caretaker of Great Machine.

<indicateds to picture of an old ford pinto>

One hundred ten years old. Ha ha.

Host: Really?? Thats quite interesting. I understand that you have the "Great Machine" here. Why don't we go take a look at it?

<Host and Lance exit to the studio parking lot where we see a evergreen Ford Pinto>

Host: Well that is a beautiful machine, can you fire it up for us?

<Lance opens the door and sits down and puts a key in the ignition and trys to turn it... nothing happens>

Lance: Not the One!

<Lance gets a second key from the ring and trys again this time the ignition turns and there is the some sputtering from the engine... then silence>

Lance: Not good. Malfunction.

<Lance exits the "Great Machine" and pops the hood and begins tinkering under on the engine>

Lance: Very damaged. Lance can never have anything nice.

Host: Well Ok then... do you see the problem? Can you tell us whats wrong?

Lance: Can not say. Saying, I would know. Do not know, so can not say.

Host: Hmmm... Moving on... what can you tell us about your home on Epsilon 3?

Lance: Draal gave Lance list of things not to say. This was one. No. Hmm, not good. Not supposed to mention one or the one. Oh. Uh, you never heard that.

Host: Ok I never heard that. Can you tell us what you use the "Great Machine" for?

Lance: Lance tell, you let Lance go? Finish what Lance came for?

Host: I thought you came to do an interview, but sure whatever?

Lance: Need place, place to gather, to fight, to organize?

Host: Oh, so you use it to help out your friends... give them rides and such?

Lance: Yes..To help save galaxy on the side of light.

Host: <very sarcasticly> on the side of Light... right...

Lance: Yes, yes, Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life. Probably have very sad death. But at least there is symmetry.

<Lance continues to work under the hood>

Host Allrighty them??? Well I think thats about all the time we have...

Lance: Can not run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite. Lance is finite. And This ...

<Lance pulls a George Forman Grill from under the hood>

this is wrong tool. No. No, not good. No. No. Never use this

Host: Can't say I understand that one...

Lance: Lance understand. No. Lance not understand, but Lance do. Lance good at doings, not understandings.

Host: Thats it! Can someone get this mad man off my set?

Lance: No one every listens to Lance. Quite mad they say. It is good that Lance does not mind. Has even grown to like it. Oh, yes.

Host: Well that it for this week please tune in next time when our guest will be Candygirl, a member of the Rangers. Thanks for watching!

<Camera pans to lance still fussing under the hood>

Lance: <to himself>... So Lance talks to dirt. Sometimes talks to walls or talks to ceilings, but dirt is closer. Dirt used to everyone walking on it. Just like Lance, but we have come to like it. It is our role. It is our destiny in the Universe. So you see, sometimes dirt has insects in it. Lance like insects. Not so good for conversation, but much protein for diet.

<Credits roll>
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

great stuff

Post by lance » May 1st 2003, 10:35 am

Mglenn,

:rofl: :hammer1:

Great dialogue, I like, I like. Looking forward to the Candygirl interview.

Last night I watched the introduction to the B5: Second Season Set which is one of the bonus items on Disc One. Good stuff, most of the major cast appears to give their reflections on the second season of Bablyon 5, the one exception being Andreas Katsulas.

Just started into episode three, Geometry of Shadows, great dialogue there too: (I am paraphrasing here)

Ivanova: (to two Drazi, one dressed with Purple sash one with Green)

"Okay lets go over this. What is this fight about?"

Purple Drazi: "He green."

Green Drazi: "He purple."

Ivanova: "Right, but are their class issues, caste, socio-economic-"

Purple Drazi: "Green!"

Green Drazi: "Purple!"

Ivanova: "So let me get this straight, you both draw pieces of cloth out of a barrel who gets a purple is on the purple side and the green, the green?"

Both nod their heads, not to spoil the whole scene, later mayhem insues.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 9th 2003, 1:06 pm

News from tvshowsondvd.com (for anyone besides Lance who doesn't already know this :wink: ):
Warner Brothers has announced August 12th as the street date for Babylon 5: The Complete Third Season. Subtitled "Point of No Return", it will be another 6-disc extravaganza featuring all 22 episodes of the third season. In addition, Warner is again working with producer/creator J. Michael Straczynski to bring you the very best in the way of supplements:

* Introduction from series creator J. Michael Straczynski
* Commentaries on 3 key episodes by series creator and stars
* Documentary: Behind the Mask: Creating the Aliens of Babylon 5
* Documentary: Designing a Better Narn
* Documentary: Designing Tomorrow: The Look of Babylon 5
* Data and Personnel Files

Once again this will by brought to you in 16x9 Anamorphic Widescreen, and with sound remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1...all for a list price of $99.98.
A picture of the packaging is viewable at tvshowsondvd - happy Friday!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

b5

Post by lance » May 12th 2003, 12:37 pm

candygirl wrote:News from tvshowsondvd.com (for anyone besides Lance who doesn't already know this :wink: ):
Warner Brothers has announced August 12th as the street date for Babylon 5: The Complete Third Season. Subtitled "Point of No Return", it will be another 6-disc extravaganza featuring all 22 episodes of the third season. In addition, Warner is again working with producer/creator J. Michael Straczynski to bring you the very best in the way of supplements:

* Introduction from series creator J. Michael Straczynski
* Commentaries on 3 key episodes by series creator and stars
* Documentary: Behind the Mask: Creating the Aliens of Babylon 5
* Documentary: Designing a Better Narn
* Documentary: Designing Tomorrow: The Look of Babylon 5
* Data and Personnel Files

Once again this will by brought to you in 16x9 Anamorphic Widescreen, and with sound remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1...all for a list price of $99.98.
A picture of the packaging is viewable at tvshowsondvd - happy Friday!
:shock:

Actually I did not know.

Wow, Warner Brothers is trying to drive me bankrupt :wink:

But what a way to go!

All the buzz I had heard previously was that Season 3 was due out in November. I am so glad that they have decided to move up to August.

Ahh, me in the basement escaping the hot August sun. Sitting in my comfy chair, drinking lemonade and watching Babylon 5 Season Three on DVD. That's the life.

Man Babylon 5 Season Three and Angel renewal news, today has been a great day.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 12th 2003, 2:57 pm

Always glad to be of service - now pass the lemonade!

:D

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

b5

Post by lance » May 16th 2003, 9:12 am

Hey all,

Just got finished watching "Coming of Shadows" episode last night.

:shock:

Wow, I had forgot how great an episode that was. Plot wise alone the episode stands out. For those of you who have not bought the DVD set yet...

What are you waiting for? (besides say cash)

The new special effects on this episode are incredible. As I have said earlier unlike Lucas revionist efforts on the original trilogy (shudder) B5's creater has been very careful with revising his special effects.

He does not impose new special effects that "clutter" the scene. Instead he goes back to scenes such as the attack on the Narn's Quadrant 37 in this episode, and redoes the effect. Nothing is lost in terms of pace or the basic storyline.

Magnificent stuff.

Best,

Lance Man

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » May 16th 2003, 5:46 pm

Disclaimer... No disrespect is intended in this parody. Really! All of Candygirl's lines are lines used by Delen in B5. Candygirl please don't throw me out a window! :oops:

Host: Hello and welcome to Interview Tonight on this week’s episode we are lucky to have with us Ambassador Candygirl. Please join me in welcoming Ambassador Candygirl.

<Applause and cheering as Candygirl enters>

<Interviewer has a very surprised look on his face as he greets her>

Candygirl: One would think you have never seen a pregnant Halfhuman/Halfminbari before!

Host: Well I can't say that I have, but that’s not what surprised me. It was your dress! It’s quite stunning!

Candygirl: Yes. The woman, who sold me this, told me that I would definitely turn heads.

Host: I must agree. I hope I haven't made you uncomfortable bringing attention to beauty of your body, I understand mimbari are a rather conservative people?

Candygirl: Yes, but you may continue to repeat it for as long as you like.

Host: Well I'm glad we're off on the right foot. And I'll say it again that you have a lovely body!

Candygirl: This body is only a shell. You cannot touch me. You cannot harm me. I'm not afraid.

Host: Well that’s good to know. On the subject of looks you may have noticed we changed our set design since we did our pre-interview, what do you think?

Candygirl: Curious thing, humans. Minbari cities remain untouched and unchanged for centuries. I leave for three days, and you redecorate!

Host: Yes. Yes. Hahaha. So you like it then?

Candygirl: It's fine, I didn't come for the decor.

Host: Great... and you're right we're here for and interview, so are you ready?

Candygirl: Why do your people always ask if someone is ready right before you're going to do something massively unwise?

Host: I'm not sure. But I hardly believe this interview is unwise. Could you tell me why you think it might be?

Candygirl: I would never tell you anything that was not in your best interest.

Host: Well if you believe it to be unwise why are you here?

Candygirl: I was meant to be here.

Host: You were meant to be here... Did you agent schedule this interview for you?

Candygirl: I don't know.

Host: So why exactly did you agree to do this interview

Candygirl: Doesn't matter!

Host: So your saying that this interview is unwise and that you don't know why you agreed to do it. So why exactly are you here now?

Candygirl: I believe I am here now for a reason...

Host: <A confused look on his face> But you won't tell us what that reason is? Or is it that you don't know yourself?

Candygirl: Summoned I come. In Valen's name I take the place that has been prepared for me. I am gray. I stand between the candle and the star. We are gray. We stand between the darkness and the light.

Host: Ah yes.. Mimbari believe that things happen for a reason but we don't always understand those reasons. Am I correct?

Candygirl: The universe puts us in places where we can learn. They're never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, is the right place and the right time. The Pain that sometimes comes, it is part of the process of constantly being born.

Host: That quite deep. I'm not sure I can say that I understand it.

Candygirl: You have been trying to think logically about illogical possibilities and illogically about logical possibilities.

Host: I guess so... Speaking of self reflection, a video has surfaced recently of you during your college years that is not very flattering... can you tell us how old you were when it was filmed?

Candygirl: Twenty years.

Host: Hmm... well we happen to have the a clip of the video to watch...

< A screen rises up from the floor behind them and fades in to a shaky shot of a college party... after a few minutes Candygirl enters the shot visibly intoxicated>

Someone off screen: Hey Candygirl... you want another beer?

Candygirl: Abso-fragging-lutely damn it. Since our last discussion, I have been be studying your use of language! Do you approve?

<laughter is heard.>

Another off screen: Candygirl, tell some more mimbari poetry!

Candygirl: Ah, There once was a man from Nantucket...

<pauses then falls over, spilling the beer cup she is holding on herself. After a moment she manages to sit up>

Candygirl: They showed no mercy. Strike them down. Follow them to their bases and kill them! All of them!... All of them!! No mercy! No mercy!!!

<Candygirl manages to get to her feet>

Someone Yells: Candygirl is gone!

Candygirl: No, not gone. Now we make our own magic. Now we create our own legends. Now we build the future... Now we stop ..."

<Candygirl falls over and passes out... the screen fads to black>

Host: Do you have anything you'd like to say about this?

Candygirl: Bastards!

Host: I'd just like to know...

Candygirl: You do not wish to know anything! You wish only to speak. That which you know, you ignore, because it is inconvenient. That which you do not know, you invent!

Host: Wow... I must admit that this is not how I pictured this interview going...

Candygirl: And, the picture always ends with your head imploding.

Host: You don't appear to be happy that the world is not taking this well?

Candygirl: The world is wrong!

Host: But...

Candygirl: Butt...butt. I butt, you butt, he or she butts...

Host: Please let me finish!

Candygirl: Butt, butt, butt, butt.

< Candygirl leaps from her seat and throws the chair she was seated on out a nearby window, grabs the host by the jacket and drags him to the window>

Candygirl: A dear friend say to me, if you are falling off a mountain, may as well try to fly. Here, at the end, I offer you one final chance to fly.

Host: What... what... I can't fly!

Candygirl: Then there is no hope!

Host: WAIT... I just wanted to know more about you...

Candygirl: Here is a copy of everything I have. It may be of use. If anyone asks -- say it fell from the sky.

<Candygirl throws the host out the window and turns to the camera>

Candygirl: Never start a fight, but always finish it.

Off Screen Announcer: Tune in next week for our Interview with Commander Gary!

<Credits Roll>
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 16th 2003, 6:49 pm

"There once was a man from Nantucket..."
:lol:

And where did you get that video? Damn my roommate for selling it!

P.S. I'm really going to have to try working this quote into daily conversation:
Summoned I come. In Valen's name I take the place that has been prepared for me. I am gray. I stand between the candle and the star. We are gray. We stand between the darkness and the light."
:D

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

b5 sort of

Post by lance » May 17th 2003, 11:15 am

Candygirl,

Since you have subjected to several instances of b5 quotes will you start watching the show before Mglenn strikes again?

Will GaryEA ever catch up in total number of posts to Lance?

Tune in next week when Lance will say:

"Four out of Five dentists do agree!"

As MSCL.com turns

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » May 22nd 2003, 9:09 am

Hey all,

Just got through, "And Now for a Word", great stuff. The intensity of second season is awesome. I also loved the reporter format that they did for the epidsode. Gives a different perspective on the show.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

b5

Post by lance » May 27th 2003, 9:25 am

Finished watching the DVDs. Great stuff. Now I am going back to listen to the commentaries and documentaries.

The big question is can Lance Man survive until August when the next set of DVDs is released?

Don't know, I may encounter withdrawal symptoms.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 27th 2003, 1:06 pm

Don't worry - you will have Buffy S4 to tide you over until the next B5 release!