Babylon 5

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Babylon 5

Post by lance » Jan 24th 2003, 1:45 pm

Hey all,

I have been meaning to start this thread for quite sometime, never got around to it till now. As you may or may not know IMHO one of the best TV Series of all time Babylon 5, has finally, FINALLY come to DVD.

Season One has came out on DVD last November. Season Two is set for release on 4/29/03.

So this is your opportunity to comment on the Show and the DVD releases. What do you think? What did you think about Season One? What did you like about the DVD set? What didn't you like about the set?

What are you hoping to see in season sets 2-5?

Let people know what you think.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 25th 2003, 11:07 pm

Sorry to say that I did not watch this show. I hopped off the Star Trek train after TNG. Have you acquired any of the TNG DVDs yet? I hear they are very nice sets, so I would hope that they would give Babylon 5 the same treatment.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 27th 2003, 4:22 pm

candygirl wrote:Sorry to say that I did not watch this show. I hopped off the Star Trek train after TNG. Have you acquired any of the TNG DVDs yet? I hear they are very nice sets, so I would hope that they would give Babylon 5 the same treatment.
Candygirl,

No, I have not bought these sets. The situation is one of those you can't buy everything you might want, because you just don't have enough cash. Right now I am pretty maxed out keeping up with Babylon 5 and Farscape and comic books. When my wife gets a job again I will be able to afford future Buffy and Angel sets.

The first Babylon 5 set has received mixed reviews due to the lack of extras. I am in the camp of "Gee, god I am just happy to have these on DVD." One interesting thing, you know how Lucas went back and did special editions of the Star Wars movies? Most people, myself included, felt that the special editions just looked unnecessarily busy.

In the First episode "Midnight on the Firing Line" and the last episode of first season "Chyrsalis" their are extended special effects shots that I swear won't in the original release. However, these effects more fleshed out the part of the story they were meant to emphasize.

Candygirl, I strongly recommend that you check out B5 when you have the chance. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

B5

Post by lance » Jan 29th 2003, 9:28 am

Hey all,

I just found a really good picture of the upcoming B5: Second Season 2, Coming of Shadows set. Go to the link below to see:

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage ... 463p1.html

Best,

Lance Man

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 29th 2003, 3:54 pm

SWEET!

Thanks lance!

Gary

P.S I'll comment on the show later when I have more time... :D

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

B5

Post by lance » Jan 29th 2003, 4:21 pm

GaryEA,

Thanks for posting the picture. Just looks marvelous! 3 months to go until release day.

Not that I am counting or anything... :oops:

Best,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

b5

Post by lance » Feb 6th 2003, 9:45 am

GaryEA,

(tapping foot, checking watch) Hey, weren't you supposed to post your views on this thread?

Curious for the wisdom that only GaryEA can provide :wink: .

Best,

Lance Man

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 6th 2003, 12:14 pm

candygirl wrote:This is Ambassador Candygirl of the Moderators Federation. The MSCL.COM Forum is under my protection. Withdraw, .. or be out posted.
lance wrote:Negative. I have moderation authority here. Do not force me to engage your posts.
candygirl wrote:Why not? Only one human has ever survived a posting battle with me. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your posts, be somewhere else.

Sorry I couldn't resist!!! :lol:
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 6th 2003, 2:02 pm

mglenn wrote:
candygirl wrote:This is Ambassador Candygirl of the Moderators Federation. The MSCL.COM Forum is under my protection. Withdraw, .. or be out posted.
lance wrote:Negative. I have moderation authority here. Do not force me to engage your posts.
candygirl wrote:Why not? Only one human has ever survived a posting battle with me. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your posts, be somewhere else.

Sorry I couldn't resist!!! :lol:
LOL! Mglenn that was just sheer brillance! Anyone of you even remotely curious on this one, I believe this bit of creative writing was taken from Third Season, "Severed Dreams". An excellent episode of television, a must see.

Best,

Lance Man

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Feb 9th 2003, 4:07 pm

Semi-OT: Babylon5 creator J. Michael Straczynski (JMS) is rumored to be currently rewriting the screenplay for "The Amazing Spider-Man". See http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/spiderman2.html

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 10th 2003, 10:10 am

sab wrote:Semi-OT: Babylon5 creator J. Michael Straczynski (JMS) is rumored to be currently rewriting the screenplay for "The Amazing Spider-Man". See http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/spiderman2.html
Cool if true,

Thanks Sascha.

Lance Man

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 10th 2003, 10:18 am

You mean theres a chance for some character depth?? :)
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

babylon 5

Post by lance » Feb 24th 2003, 3:10 pm

2 months, 5 days to go...

Not that I am counting mind you. (Or bumping threads for that matter)

Best,

Lance Man

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 26th 2003, 10:20 am

And in the spirit of My So-Called Babylon 5 Life with certain poetic license taken:

"All Minbari belief is around three. Three castes -- worker, warrior, religious. Three languages. Light, Dark, and Grey. The Nine of the Grey Council -- three times three. All is three... As you are three. As you are one... As you are the One." He turns to Jason. "You are the One Who Was." Turning to Candygirl. "You are the One Who Is." Indicates Lance. "And you are the One Who Will Be." He again refers to them in turn. "You are the beginning of the story, and the middle of the story and Zathras tell you that is long part of the story, and the end of the story that creates the next great story. In your heart, you know what Zathras says is true. Go now. Zathras' place is with the One Who Was. We have... a destiny."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 26th 2003, 11:24 am

mglenn wrote:And in the spirit of My So-Called Babylon 5 Life with certain poetic license taken:

"All Minbari belief is around three. Three castes -- worker, warrior, religious. Three languages. Light, Dark, and Grey. The Nine of the Grey Council -- three times three. All is three... As you are three. As you are one... As you are the One." He turns to Jason. "You are the One Who Was." Turning to Candygirl. "You are the One Who Is." Indicates Lance. "And you are the One Who Will Be." He again refers to them in turn. "You are the beginning of the story, and the middle of the story and Zathras tell you that is long part of the story, and the end of the story that creates the next great story. In your heart, you know what Zathras says is true. Go now. Zathras' place is with the One Who Was. We have... a destiny."
Dude,

You are good. Always on the look out for good B-5 analogies.

Lance Man