Gilmore Girls Discussion

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Feb 26th 2003, 10:10 pm

Megs wrote: I really need to not take TV so seriously.
Don't to be too hard on yourself. Just the other day I was started talking to my boyfriend about alias and at first he thought I was talking about something in real life because of how seriously I was talking; almost like the televison show is real life.

Is anyone but me and pre-teen girls watching the Chad Michael Murray movie on the WB, The Lone Ranger?
I'm not, but my boyfriend is watching. He's making fun of it though, so I don't think that its that good of a show.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 26th 2003, 10:27 pm

Megs wrote:And what is with the three names? Can't he just be Chad Murray?
I would guess that it's due to SAG's rules about having unique names. No one can register a name that has been registered previously. That wasn't as much of a problem back in the day, but now that it's been decades, it's more common to be told that the name an actor wants to register as has already been taken - kind of like screen names at forums or email services. One great example: Vanessa L. Williams, as in the former Miss America, and Vanessa A. Williams, of Melrose Place. That is why there are so many three name monikers in acting these days (Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Love Hewitt, the list goes on and on!).
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 27th 2003, 9:50 am

candygirl wrote:
Megs wrote:And what is with the three names? Can't he just be Chad Murray?
I would guess that it's due to SAG's rules about having unique names. No one can register a name that has been registered previously. That wasn't as much of a problem back in the day, but now that it's been decades, it's more common to be told that the name an actor wants to register as has already been taken - kind of like screen names at forums or email services. One great example: Vanessa L. Williams, as in the former Miss America, and Vanessa A. Williams, of Melrose Place. That is why there are so many three name monikers in acting these days (Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Love Hewitt, the list goes on and on!).
At least there is a reason for it, so it doesn't seem as pretentious as I was thinking. Thanks! :D

And I shouldn't criticize, as I go my three names as well. Megan Maiden Name Husband's Last Name. No hyphen. Do you know how hard it was to change my name? Ugh. I still get mail with Megan Old Middle New Last Name, or it is hyphenated... No one understood that I wanted to drop my old middle and keep my maiden as my new middle and take my husband's last name as my new last name. I mean, really. What is so confusing about that?

:wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Feb 27th 2003, 10:05 am

I shouldn't think about this more but what if Tristan's going to Yale? Maybe I'll write some fanfiction about it. I know there are too many stories about the fast lane to Tristan. I would try not to make one of those.
----------------
Make it count.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Mar 1st 2003, 8:31 am

I found this relly cool fanfic about Rory/Tristan.

Part 1: http://www.geocities.com/gilmoregirlsff ... iddlee.htm

It was surely well-written but it's not finnished and I'm not sure where it's going. I loved the first part the most.

The rest of it is found:
http://www.geocities.com/gilmoregirlsff ... bruary.htm
----------------
Make it count.

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Mar 31st 2003, 4:10 pm

Hi Y'all! I just thought y'all might want to know that the next new episode of Gilmore Girls airs on April 15th!

blue_moon_34
Nicky Driscoll

Post by blue_moon_34 » Apr 1st 2003, 12:10 am

finally...it's been so long since the last new one i don't even remember what it was about. reruns are fine but when there are so many in a row it can really throw you off.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Apr 10th 2003, 6:16 am

I read to much spoilers...

But I think I've made up my mind that Season one was the best. Although now Rory looks too puny(can you say that 'puny'), well, tiny, young (in season1). I guess she was but she has really grown.

I really like Alexis, though.

----------------
Make it count.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 10th 2003, 8:49 am

I heard that Alexis' first language is Spanish. I could never tell! That really surprised me.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 10th 2003, 8:50 am

And I can't wait for the new Gilmore Girls next week. I saw the preview the other night, and it looks good. Luke sleeping on Lorelai's couch. Yum!

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Apr 16th 2003, 3:39 pm

I thought last night episode was great. The moment between Luke and Lorlei when she told him about her dream was quite. I also like how Rory went over and cheered Paris up. I hope that Paris ends up choosing Yale like Rory. Lastly at the end of the episode when Rory went into her room and all the Harvard stuff was gone and the Yale stuff was there, it really seemed like a classic Gilmore Girls moment. So what did everyone else think?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 16th 2003, 4:33 pm

The way they totally threw away Rory's and Lorelai's dream of going to Harvard was cheap. I felt cheapened. A major premise of the show was all about Rory wanting to get into Harvard, and they cheapened that and explained it away in one measly episode. I could go on and on. But, please. Just like that, Lorelai is fine with Rory going to Yale? What about all the conflict from last season and the beginning of this season about Lorelai being so adament that Rory go to Harvard and not Yale? The writers took the cheap route with their resolution to that story line. In 20 minutes, the entire concept of the show changed. Rory is not going to Harvard. She is going to (and happy about!) Yale. Whhhaaa...? Although I am happy about the prospect of Paris going to Yale and being back for next season.

And don't get me started on Rory getting into all three Ivy League schools she applied to.

I felt like they read the forums over at http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com and totally wrote the episode to answer all the poster's skepticisms about Rory and Yale and Paris not getting into Harvard. The scene where Paris plays the tape of her interview and it explained why she didn't get into Harvard came straight from those boards. I haven't been over there yet to read their reaction, but I am curious. It appeared to be a shout out to the posters there.

And, God help me, Jess is growing on me. Did I just admit that? I am a Dean fan!

And Lorelai finally told Luke about the dream! But I wanted more to come of it.

The Kirk-story was hilarious, as always. I love him.

More Sookie and some Jackson, Lane, Lane's mom, and Dave would have been nice. And no Friday night dinner? I need me some Emily and Richard Gilmore every week!

But the testament to this show is that even though I hated some aspects of last night's episode, I still thought it was a great, well-written, and clean episode. And I still love the Gilmore Girls.

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » May 6th 2003, 11:13 pm

Hey Megs, since I know you are a devoted Gilmore Girls fan is there any way you can give me a summary of tonights Gilmore Girls episode. Tomorrow I have 3 finals so I was too busy studying to watch it.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » May 7th 2003, 9:04 am

Sammi wrote:Hey Megs, since I know you are a devoted Gilmore Girls fan is there any way you can give me a summary of tonights Gilmore Girls episode. Tomorrow I have 3 finals so I was too busy studying to watch it.
No problem. I taped it last night, and haven't watched it yet. I'll probably watch it tonight and post a recap tomorrow.

Good luck on your finals!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 7th 2003, 1:16 pm

Until you get the Megs recap, there is one here - don't take offense at their snark!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?