Joe Millionaire

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 11th 2003, 4:08 pm

K-man wrote:Yeah, Megs was right. I caught the end of last nights show. What a waste of 60 primetime minutes. They accomplished nothing last night. Those dickheads! Stop jerkin' us around! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Grrrr - a whole hour of clips from previous shows. I am glad that they are bringing back the other women next week. At least that will provide us with some new material in between the clips (come on, the finale is two hours long - do you really think they have two whole hours of new stuff? I don't).
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 12th 2003, 10:49 pm

First all the Joe Millionaire controversy and now an American Idol contestant scandal - gotta love Fox!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Feb 13th 2003, 12:36 am

What Fox shows do I watch? The Simpsons (sometimes), That 70s Show (sometimes), Boston Public (sometimes), NFL Football (season's over). HMMM...wish I had a Nielsen or Arbitron box.

A friend of mine was a Nielsen polster. She had the box and everything. She hardly ever watched TV. I couldn't get her to watch any of the shows I liked either. What a waste....
Last edited by TomSpeed on Feb 13th 2003, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Feb 13th 2003, 2:23 pm

The latest rumor is that one of the broads is really the rich heiress. Gossip has it that after Joe spills, one of the final two chicks will reveal she is loaded.?. Hmmmmm.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 13th 2003, 3:03 pm

TomSpeed wrote:A friend of mine was a Nielsen poster. She had the box and everything. She hardly ever watched TV. I couldn't get her to watch any of the shows I liked either. What a waste....
My boyfriend's friend's family was a Nielsen family - ironically, all his parents really watched was PBS so their tv viewing didn't affect the network ratings very much.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Feb 13th 2003, 3:52 pm

Hmmm...I'm trying to remember the exact year my friend was a polster for Nielsen. I know it was after 1992. Was it when MSCL was on ABC? If so, I should have visited her more often on the nights MSCL was on TV.

I'm so sorry :!: :!: :!: It was probably partly my fault the show got cancelled.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 13th 2003, 9:22 pm

candygirl wrote:First all the Joe Millionaire controversy and now an American Idol contestant scandal - gotta love Fox!
For anyone who cares, Frenchie will be performing on ET tonight so maybe she will also shed a little light on the situation. I read somewhere that Frenchie was honest and told them about all this stuff in November during the audition process. The people at Fox claim that the reason they waited until now to make a decision is that they were "verifying facts." Because she would have lied about this thinking it would get her on the show? Riiiigghhhht. I don't see how it's okay that Nikki, who was one of the 10 finalists last year, was a stripper and that's okay but somehow Frenchie being topless and touching herself on a website is somehow worse?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 18th 2003, 3:58 pm

I'm surprised there were no posts on the Joe Millionaire "finale" last night.

What did everyone think? He went with the person I figured he would go with, which was definitely the safe route.

How crappy was the "twist"? It would have been a lot more interesting if she would have revealed she was a man :twisted:

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Feb 18th 2003, 4:48 pm

From what I've been reading (Yes, I read about Joe M., I just don't watch the actual show), many people were disappointed by it.

spoiler below!!!!!!!!! don't read on if you taped or missed the show!!!!

The surprise $1M kind of defeated the purpose of the show. Anyway, there will probably be an update show or even a whole new year of shows soon. Gag! I won't watch them either. However, I might read about them. First, 'cause you can't escape seeing something about the show. Second, it's kind of like a car accident; you have to slow down and look.

Salon has a good review of last night's show.

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/tues/2 ... index.html
TomSpeed

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 19th 2003, 3:26 am

I was really torn - on one hand, I would have laughed my ass off if he had chosen Sara, if only because she would have had a total fit when she found out he wasn't loaded. On the other hand, Sara was so cocky the last few episodes - she was absolutely convinced that she had won, so I was hoping he would choose Zora just to spite Sara.

The twist was pretty lame and unshocking! At least now Zora can send the money to her aunt in Czechoslovakia.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 19th 2003, 11:53 am

I'm a sap. I will admit it. You go Zora. She still picked that moron even without the money, and since she did that, they were awarded with the money. Very cool. I wonder if they will last? I am looking forward to next week.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Feb 19th 2003, 12:46 pm

I thought the ending was happy. I don't care that much for the chick he picked but I didn't want him picking the foot - fetish girl. I do think she was after the $$$$$. Heck; weren't they all?????
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 19th 2003, 1:34 pm

K-man wrote:I thought the ending was happy. I don't care that much for the chick he picked but I didn't want him picking the foot - fetish girl. I do think she was after the $$$$$. Heck; weren't they all?????
I don't mind Zora too much, she was definitely the best looking, but too much of a goody goody for me.

And speaking of the foot-fetish, i thought it was great that they showed the "Simulation" photos. too funny that they actaully went and simulated them. :lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 6th 2003, 4:36 am

candygirl wrote:First all the Joe Millionaire controversy and now an American Idol contestant scandal - gotta love Fox!
The drama never stops!

Another Fox contestant in the news.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 25th 2003, 8:02 pm

Say it isn't so!

Joe update