Buffy the Vampire Slayer

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 12th 2002, 8:11 pm

I already read the wildfeed so I am excited about tonight's episode (especially because I missed last week's episode :x) . Buffy finally admits some issues she has with Spike. Not to his face, of course.

:D

I love the genius behind the free movie ticket. They are supposed to be included in all the sets (extended version and collector's gift set).

ADMIN NOTE: This topic has been splitted from the LOTR-thread. sab.
ADMIN NOTE 2: Removed "Season 7" from the subject. sab.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 13th 2002, 6:52 pm

Candygirl,

What did you think about the vampire psychiatrist? I thought that was a witty segment. My reception was not the greatest, is Spike killing again?

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 13th 2002, 7:20 pm

I thought that it was great that Buffy finally told SOMEONE how she feels. Too bad she killed him in the end. Not only was the vamp insightful, but funny and friendly. Figures she couldn't just call a truce and let him hang around a little while longer.

But Spike killing again, mmmmmm. I don't know yet. It's possible that:

(1) Morphy is taking Spike's form (along with impersonating Cassie, Warren, Dru et al).

(2) Morphy (or another BB) is possessing Spike? Nah, that doesn't work for me. I guess it depends on your view of newly souled Spike. If the vampire demon is still inside him, I doubt there would be room for another random one to take him over. At the very least, it's gotta be pretty crowded in there. :wink:

(3) Last night was a weird alternate universe or a dream (!). Someone else suggested that Spike was at home with Xander and Anya playing kitten poker last night. :D

(4) Spike is killing again. But what about Mr. Chippy?! There was no flinching last night. Maybe Soul Spike got stomped down by Demon Spike. Where the heck is William? Like I said, I missed "Him" so the last thing I saw was "Selfless" which was mostly Spikeless.

I think that last night's episode was designed to confuse so I withhold judgement, and I reserve the right to totally change my mind about all this stuff.

Your turn.

:o

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 13th 2002, 8:13 pm

:shock:

SPOILER!!

Spike has been killing! And he's going to kill some more next week.

:twisted:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Buffy

Post by lance » Nov 14th 2002, 2:44 pm

Candygirl,

I like your idea of morphy imitating Spike. Although Spike was quite cool being the Bad Ass of Season 2, I do like Spike reluctant champion of good.
Of course the chip in his head could be shorting out.

What do you think?

Incidentally confused by your post that simply listed lines and then a spolier warning.

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 14th 2002, 3:48 pm

Sorry to confuse you - after I posted my theories, I read a spoiler that indicated it was actually Spike doing the killing and he's going to kill some more.

:(

I like Spike acting against his evil instincts to do the right thing. Then again, I just like inner conflict.

katy
Overlooked Sibling

Post by katy » Nov 14th 2002, 4:24 pm

I believe that Spike is doing the killing, but I wonder if he is really in control of what he is doing. It seems reasonable to me that Morphy is manipulating Spike. It doesn't really explain why he can kill without the chip activating, but it does explain the *why* of him killing in general.

Besides, as we observed in Lessons and in Conversations with Dead People, Morphy is all about manipulation. In Lessons, Morphy was clearly manipulating Spike into staying in the basement and believing he was a schmuck. In Conversations with Dead People, Morphy tried to manipulate Willow into killing herself. I also, personally, believe that the spirit of Joyce was really Morphy as well, manipulating Dawn into thinking that Buffy will turn on her (though I'm not entirely convinced that Buffy won't).

Of course the whole manipulation idea leads back to my theory on who Morphy really is...but I have no proof for any of it. It's all just speculation, especially since I like to remain completely spoiler-free (it just makes the watching of the show more fun). Sometimes, I just wish I could get inside the writers' heads to know where they're going, but then, I probably enjoy the guessing as much as the knowing.

Oh, and candygirl, not much happened with Spike in "Him." At least nothing that would explain why he can miraculously bite people without pain.

Post by Guest » Nov 14th 2002, 10:24 pm

Hey folks - as a recent - this spring to be exact - Buffy fan, just wanted to say hola. Sadly, I don't get UPN OR WB where I am, and have had to rely on the kindness of FX to get the Buffy fix. Which means I have nothing to add to the whole Season 7 debate, :( but it IS most enjoyable. I procured a set of vhs tapes of seas. 6 thru ebay - don't ask - but they were so bad, couldn't even watch 'em, so again, the 'ol FX for me. Which means I'll be waiting a WHILE 'cause FX skips eps., what a drag!! They're not even gonna play Once More, according to their schedule. No matter, I'll be doing the dvd thing as soon as possible.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi! :wink:

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 14th 2002, 10:33 pm

HEY!! I forgot to register OVER HERE - so I guess for that LAST post I'll settle for being 'Guest'! :wink:

Oops!! :P

Sigh...Ya, I'm kinda new :roll:
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 15th 2002, 3:26 am

:shock: Yikes!

I knew i was missing some back story but, sheeesh!

I obviously didn't know what i was asking when i wanted a few little Buffy questions answered. I don't have a clue what any of these most recent posts are about.

I didn't see the most recent episode. The only way i seem to see the show is accidentally late at night in syndication.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Nov 15th 2002, 9:49 am

As for missing Buffy, Shame on you! :D Get a Tivo or Replay and then you only have to watch tv you want to watch. I've got Two Tivo's, but then I am a geek and I'm ok with it.

As for buffy, I was wondering about Buffy's Mom... anyone think that she was maybe Morphy too??? Sent to turn Dawn against Buffy and cause the whole Scooby Gang more grief...
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Post by Guest » Nov 15th 2002, 12:41 pm

mglenn wrote:As for buffy, I was wondering about Buffy's Mom... anyone think that she was maybe Morphy too??? Sent to turn Dawn against Buffy and cause the whole Scooby Gang more grief...
yes, i think Cassie, Warren, and Buffy's Mom were all "spirit manifestations" of Morphy.

i have a question. does anyone know what jonathan means about "evil Danthazar"? he says something about telling buffy everything they know about this evil Danthazar. is this some obscure sci-fi/fantasy reference that i missed out on? or does it have to do with morphy? does anyone know?

katy
Overlooked Sibling

Post by katy » Nov 15th 2002, 12:46 pm

sorry...that last guest was me. i must have been logged off while writing another message...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 15th 2002, 3:17 pm

mglenn wrote:As for buffy, I was wondering about Buffy's Mom... anyone think that she was maybe Morphy too??? Sent to turn Dawn against Buffy and cause the whole Scooby Gang more grief...
Definitely Morphy at work using Spike's divide and conquer method from S4. Notice he didn't target Xander and Anya?
katy wrote:i have a question. does anyone know what jonathan means about "evil Danthazar"? he says something about telling buffy everything they know about this evil Danthazar. is this some obscure sci-fi/fantasy reference that i missed out on? or does it have to do with morphy? does anyone know?
The Seal of Danthazar is what they were searching for in the basement - the big star looking thing with the goat's head that Johnathon was splayed out on and bleeding all over.

As for missing "Him," I was out of town so I set the VCR but there was a power outage so my pre-programming was all for naught!

:(

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 15th 2002, 3:20 pm

P.S. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when I saw how happy Andrew was to see Warren. As Frau Farbissina said, "the love that dare not speak its name."