Buffy the Vampire Slayer

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 9th 2004, 8:01 pm

The October 17-23 issue of TV Guide has a Buffy blurb:
The Chosen Ones
If and when those long-rumored Buffy and Angel movies get off the ground, they won't star series leads Sarah Michelle Gellar or David Boreanaz. "The idea would be to focus on the supporting cast: Spike, Faith, Willow, Giles, et cetera," says a well-placed Buffyverse source, adding that while "nothing is set in stone," both WB and the shows' creator, Joss Whedon, "are trying to make something happen."
Interesting they are now saying one of the four movies will be about Faith, rather than Angel as previously rumored. Could have something to do with DB insisting on a feature length movie rather than a tv movie.
James will be shooting an episode of the new WB series “The Mountain” later this month. He will play the character of ‘Ted Tunney’ a handsome, charismatic, outgoing former rock and roller. He is a likeable guy who famous for wasting his occasional sober energy on get rich quick schemes. He is the kind of lovable fool who inspires both frustration and compassion.
I haven't watched the Mountain because it looks awful, but hopefully this episode will air before the show is cancelled.

:mrgreen:

SMG's scheduled talk show appearances to promote The Grudge:
October 20 (Wednesday) - Letterman
October 21 (Thursday) - Good Morning America, TRL
October 22 (Friday) - Regis and Kelly, Conan
She is also featured on the cover of the October 8th issue of Entertainment Weekly (the photo issue).

David Fury posted the following information at the Bronze Beta:
The last I heard was BUFFY animated is still trying to find a home (although SHOWTIME, was rumored).

Nothing on RIPPER, I'm afraid. Joss busy making major motion pictures.
Moviehole reports:
Moviehole has also heard that if that doesn't happen - and even if it does - that the "Buffy" cartoons may find a home on DVD, be it in an episode chain or movie-length animated feature.

Within the next twelve months we should be seeing some inked-up Slayer action.
Packaging for the R2 S1-S7 set:

Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 15th 2004, 12:37 am

If you liked Michelle Trachtenberg in EuroTrip or you were just waiting for Dawn to follow in Faith's skanky footsteps, then you will like these pictures.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 15th 2004, 3:39 am

candygirl wrote:If you liked Michelle Trachtenberg in EuroTrip or you were just waiting for Dawn to follow in Faith's skanky footsteps, then you will like these pictures.
I have done it with all kinds of ladies ... from the lowest bus station skank to the most high-society debutante bus station skank.

-- The Ladies Man
Faith was the latter, Dawnie may be the former...

:roll:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Oct 15th 2004, 9:01 am

candygirl wrote:If you liked Michelle Trachtenberg in EuroTrip or you were just waiting for Dawn to follow in Faith's skanky footsteps, then you will like these pictures.
AHHH!!! what happened to our little Dawny? I hope she isn't going the route of that 7th Heaven chick that wanted to ditch her heavenly image. the creepy thing is that she still looks like a 15-year old playing hooker dressup. *shiver* :nono:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 10th 2004, 12:39 am

Only one more week before S7 is released on DVD! Although I don't love that particular season, I am a completist and I must have it. I haven't decided which season was worse - six or seven. I will have to have a mini-marathon to assist me in making a decision.

:wink:

And am I the only one who is freaked out by how they photoshopped SMG's eyes to match the background?

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 10th 2004, 1:11 am

it would also be great if they didn't use the same photos on the covers. I mean, there are only 7 seasons, I'm sure they've done more photoshoots with SMG!! sheesh!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 10th 2004, 2:38 am

Apparently they didn't do the usual cast shots for S7.

This was released as the official S7 cast photo, but you can see that it's just a photoshop of this S6 picture.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 16th 2004, 5:59 pm

Picked up Season 7 today. Word of warning: the floaters are back :( The first disc was a floater for me, but it doesn't look damaged in anyway so I am hoping it is ok.

Was going to order it at DDD with the 20% off sale, but figured I would be better spending the few bucks extra to get it in person so the floaters wouldn't be an issue (if there was any).

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 16th 2004, 8:02 pm

When you say "floaters" you mean the discs are not secured on the center ring in the case? Is that right?

Sorry to sound naive here, guys.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 17th 2004, 12:30 am

fnordboy wrote:Picked up Season 7 today. Word of warning: the floaters are back :( The first disc was a floater for me, but it doesn't look damaged in anyway so I am hoping it is ok.

Was going to order it at DDD with the 20% off sale, but figured I would be better spending the few bucks extra to get it in person so the floaters wouldn't be an issue (if there was any).
Grr, Argh.

Mine is on its Merry way from the local Amazon warehouse in Fernley, NV. Where ever that is. I have noticed that with Buffy and Bablyon 5 sets typicall the 2nd discs are floaters. I expect my season 7 set will be no different.

Candygirl, I agree with you on the completeist stuff. This is why I am ordering Farscape: the Peackeeper Wars on DVD to complete my Farscape Collection as well. That DVD will be well worth it.

-LanceMan

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 17th 2004, 12:41 am

Kristin wrote:When you say "floaters" you mean the discs are not secured on the center ring in the case? Is that right?

Sorry to sound naive here, guys.
Correct. :)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 29th 2004, 7:57 pm

I just found out that Target was selling S7 for only $17.77 over the weekend.

:evil:

I had already resigned myself to paying $35-$40 for S7 to complete my set, but buying it would have been a lot less painful if I had paid less than $20.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 29th 2004, 8:11 pm

candygirl wrote:I just found out that Target was selling S7 for only $17.77 over the weekend.

:evil:

I had already resigned myself to paying $35-$40 for S7 to complete my set, but buying it would have been a lot less painful if I had paid less than $20.
Yeah I know, pissed me off. Though I am already on the 4th disc, I don't think I could have waited for it.

I have to say S7 is not nearly as bad as I expected it to be. I am finding it somewhat enjoyable, though some of the characters are annoying and stupid. I wonder if the problem a lot of people had with the season is that it is so jumbled and confusing at times. Watching it on a week by week basis would be tiresome and confusing I would think, but watching it back to back allows it to make more sense.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 30th 2004, 9:07 pm

People are reporting that stores with price matching policies (Walmart, Best Buy) are honoring the Target price of $17.77 for S7 - just print this page from this week's Target ad and bring it in!

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Dec 1st 2004, 6:12 am

In yet another of those arbitrary 'Top 100' lists, Buffy placed as the 13th greatest TV character, just above M.A.S.H. doctor Hawkeye Pierce and right behind Edith Bunker of All in the Family.

See the complete list here, or watch the five-part series on BRAVO.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain