Dawson's Creek

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 22nd 2003, 4:42 pm

candygirl wrote: You can view the cover art here

:D
MILK IT BABY!! :lol: :roll:

That is the ugliest cover art.. :shock:

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jul 22nd 2003, 4:57 pm

fnordboy wrote:MILK IT BABY!!

That is the ugliest cover art..
What can ya do? Some people just don't have the gift. :rainbow1: :rainbowafro:
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 22nd 2003, 6:17 pm

Why didn't they just use some of those J. Crew ads?

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jul 22nd 2003, 11:49 pm

:hammer1:

The show that would not die! Please let it just go away already.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 3rd 2003, 6:26 pm

From tvshowsondvd:
Columbia TriStar will release Dawson's Creek: Season 2 before the end of 2003. This 22 episode, 4 disc set will include bonus trailers and "exclusive added value," but there's no word on what this is. No date has been announced for the release of the set.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 4th 2003, 9:22 am

candygirl wrote:From tvshowsondvd:
Columbia TriStar will release Dawson's Creek: Season 2 before the end of 2003. This 22 episode, 4 disc set will include bonus trailers and "exclusive added value," but there's no word on what this is. No date has been announced for the release of the set.
:oops: I bought the complete first season yesterday at Best Buy. I never really watched the first seasons on TV. I watched The Pilot and The Dance last night. Not bad. I actually enjoyed them.

Does anyone know if they kept the original music for the DVD? Some of the music sounded... questionable.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 6th 2003, 3:41 pm

Season 2 info from tvshowsondvd:
Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment is officially announcing today the December 16th release of Dawson's Creek - The Complete Second Season on DVD. This is a 4-Disc set featuring 22 episodes that pick up right where the first season leaves off. The running time is listed at 977 minutes, and it is presented in 1.33:1 full screen video just like it originally aired. Audio is digitally mastered and presented in English Dolby Surround sound, and it is closed captioned for the hearing impaired. Spanish and Portuguese subtitles are included. List price is $49.95 in the U.S., and CA$59.95 in Canada.

Extras-wise, Columbia usually doesn't provide too much on TV-to-DVD sets, but this time they've made an exception! The Dawson's Creek - The Complete Second Season package squeezes in Audio Commentaries (from Kevin Williamson and Executive Producer Paul Stupin), an Interactive Tour of Capeside, the ability to check out the "Dawson's Creek Summer Diaries", a DVD-ROM Link to the Official Dawson's Creek website, and bonus trailers.

Additionally, the back of the box mentions that this release "Features brand new music selected by the Executive Producer". You may be asking, "What kind of a 'special feature' is that?" In our opinion, Columbia is doing a great job here of giving the consumers a heads-up. They are saying that the music rights to songs used during the original broadcast of these episodes were either unavailable for DVD release, or else the rights cost so much that it would drive up the price of the set. So they got the show's Executive Producer involved (at least one of them; 7 people have been given that credit during the 6 year run. For Year 2 it was Kevin Williamson and Paul Stupin, so we hope it's one of them who was consulted). This person helped choose new music which should be an adequate replacement that is cost-effective for DVD production, yet still mostly invisible to the fans as it should strike the same mood and play the same role in telling the stories. We thank Columbia for being up-front about this issue, and we hope all other studios take note!

Anyone who purchased the Dawson's Creek: The Series Finale DVD that was released last Tuesday has seen this cover art included inside, and knows that there is a $5 rebate card for Season 2 enclosed as well.
You can view the cover art here.

guitarchick
Overlooked Sibling

dawson's creek

Post by guitarchick » Oct 6th 2003, 10:15 pm

sweet!! :D

Emilie

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Oct 7th 2003, 7:32 pm

I've stated before that I would be reluctant to buy a TV DVD without the original music. However, I'm glad to hear that one of the show's creative people will be involved in the project. Hopefully, he will be able to make sure the new music fits the show and stays true to the creative intent of the creative team. Fans of the show should let us know how the new music works out.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Sep 9th 2004, 5:33 pm

I always liked Dawson's Creek! I have the 1st and 2nd season on dvd at the moment. The 3rd is out, and the 4th will be soon. I dont have either but I will eventually.. I just started watching it again with my friend. we finised the whole 1st season this week. I really liked it alot, Although I want Joey with Pacey. The only problem I guess I have with it now after watching my so called life, is that they dont seem 15 at all in that first season. They talk to smart, look and basicly act way older then the age they are supposed to be. I guess I liked my so called life, because they all really seemed the right age.

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Nov 3rd 2004, 7:07 pm

I now watched season 3 twice and the beginning of season 4. The show just got so great during season 3. I love everything about the show latley!! They just build up so much chemistry between Joey and Pacey, I really just thought it was really powerful!

Most of you dont like this show that much I see, but if there is anyone in the forum who enjoys it like i have began to, I would love to discuss it here.

nkatsa
Three Rivers Resident

Post by nkatsa » Apr 4th 2006, 8:37 pm

that's funny that some people had heard that this show got better with time, i think it got exponentially worse. perhaps it's because i'm biased and absolutely hated pacey and joey. the main character's best friend and his ex sneaking around? to me, that's the same thing as Rayanne and Jordan riding off into the sunset. it felt so wrong to me.

i had very high hopes for this show when it first started, but it completely cannibalized itself and just drove me absolutely crazy. it was like i wanted to be a fan because i had such a crush on james van der beek (i met him once, and had an encounter with the whole cast, and he was such a nice guy. really sweet and easy to talk to, and in my opinion was a lot nicer than the rest of the cast), but the show really started to stink by mid second season. plus i cannot stand katie holmes. after years of mugging and smirking for the camera and trying to be cute with all both of her facial expressions, i just started to see her as probably the most annoying presence on television.
I bet you can actually die of embarrassment. I bet it's been medically proven.