What TV shows on DVD do you already own?

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 24th 2002, 1:35 am

Remington Steele, yeah!

And another PI show that I would love on DVD is Moonlighting. Before Mark Harmon showed up, superb!

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 24th 2002, 4:54 am

Aren't they trying to get Moonlighting on DVD and there are legal issues? Or am I just making that up? I hope it does eventually see the light of day.

And while on the topic of Cybill Sheperd maybe her show Cybill will come out one day. I would buy that just to have Cybill and Alicia Witt on the same screen again.....
candygirl wrote:Remington Steele, yeah!

And another PI show that I would love on DVD is Moonlighting. Before Mark Harmon showed up, superb!

:D

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

DVDs

Post by lance » Dec 24th 2002, 1:20 pm

DVDOwner wrote:Thanks!
lance wrote:DVDOwner,

Wow that is quite a list! I am envious, pardon my DVD envy. Welcome to the forum. Always nice to have another Ohioian here. :D

Best Lance Man
TV DVDs I'm anxiously awaiting are:

Buffy 3
Friends 3
Red Dwarf!

Ones that aren't coming out yet (ever?) that I'd buy are:

Dharma & Greg
Hope & Gloria
Quark
Get Smart!
The First Season Of "Remington Steele" (before they ruined it)
Rutland Weekend Television

TV DVDs I want but can't afford right now:

Blackadder
Emma Peel Mega Set
The Prisoner
Good Neighbors
Twin Peaks
Very Cool.

I am eagerly awaiting:

Buffy 3rd Season
Angel 1st Season
Farscape 2.5
Red Dwarf Seasons 1 & 2 (Did you notice that they are couple of Red Dwarf fans here, My So Called Loon and yourself)
Babylon 5 Season 2
South Park Season Two

I can't possible afford right now:

Deep Space Nine
Simpsons (D'oh! Although there maybe hope for that one. I mow lawns in the spring for extra cash.)
Band of Brothers.

Of course this is the reason I am going to grad school :wink: Not for intellectual enlightenment but for more DVDs! (Hee. Hee)

Best

Lance Man

Mek
Tino

Post by Mek » Dec 25th 2002, 8:59 pm

Woo Hoo!

Not only did I get Band of Brothers (which I knew about) for Christmas, but I also got Season 1 of Highlander.

My brother rocks!

Mek

bdckr
Jody Barsh

Post by bdckr » Dec 31st 2002, 11:15 am

KrokRos wrote:Well,
Anne of Green Gables (3 DVD's with all episodes)
First DVD of Rurouni Kenshin (Anime)
And the first DVD of MSCL, ofcourse.
Which version of Anne of Green Gables is it? Is it the mini-series with Megan Follows? I picked up that one, but it was only one DVD.

bdckr
Jody Barsh

Post by bdckr » Dec 31st 2002, 11:20 am

fnordboy wrote:
GaryEA wrote:I'm going to look into Haibane Renmei, because I like the sound of it. Truthfully, Niea_7 didn't thrill me the way Lain did, but I love Abe's style.

Thanks for the info! :)
NieA_7 is a very different show than Lain, and I think that turned off a lot of people expecting a Lain clone. If you look at it for what it is, a few days of a girls life, and not as what is expected of ABe, you will see a brilliant show with some great characters. In some ways I like NieA_7 better than i like Lain, in other ways I don't. But so far it is shaping up that I will like Haibane Renmei more than I like either of the other two. Have to see where the series goes.

As far as Neverwhere goes. Well if it was being held up because of Hollywood that would only really effect the R1 market. The UK could and should release a DVD of it. They would make double on it, people would buy it (both R1ers and R2ers) and then if/when the US releases it's version peopel would buy that too.

I fear all of the Gaiman projects in hollywood right now. Good Omens has the best possibility of being great IF it is ever allowed to come to life. Sandman from what I've read about it seems like it is going to suck. Gaiman needs his freedom, but I don't think he will get it. I would be interested in an American Gods movie. I think that would be pretty cool, but you never know with hollywood.
Funny you should talk about Gaiman Hollywood projects. I was lucky enough to be at one of his readings a few years back (when Stardust came out, and Mr. Gaiman had this funny rant about a Hollywood attempt at Sandman. Apparently, he saw a treatment for Sandman that threw out almost everything that made it Sandman, and made him some sort of macho superhero with guns blazing. I got the impression that he was not very impressed with Hollywood in general.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 31st 2002, 11:50 am

bdckr wrote: Funny you should talk about Gaiman Hollywood projects. I was lucky enough to be at one of his readings a few years back (when Stardust came out, and Mr. Gaiman had this funny rant about a Hollywood attempt at Sandman. Apparently, he saw a treatment for Sandman that threw out almost everything that made it Sandman, and made him some sort of macho superhero with guns blazing. I got the impression that he was not very impressed with Hollywood in general.
Yeah I have heard similar horror stories. It jsut boggles my mind that there are execs who sit there and think things like that are a good idea.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 2nd 2003, 2:58 pm

Questions to anyone who could help. I have seen where Lifers here have commented that they got the season 1 Angel DVD for Christmas. Every place I have looked for that DVD, states it is not released until Feb. 11,2003. Is it available yet? and if so where? Has anyone seen the DVD of Eerie Indiana? It is only 3 episodes and I was wondering if it was worth buying.? Will Freaks and Geeks or Popular ever be released on disc? Thanks for the help guys. :)
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 2nd 2003, 3:25 pm

K-man wrote:Questions to anyone who could help. I have seen where Lifers here have commented that they got the season 1 Angel DVD for Christmas. Every place I have looked for that DVD, states it is not released until Feb. 11,2003. Is it available yet? and if so where?
I got the impression that it was available in Europe before it was available in the US. I could be wrong, though.
Last edited by Megs on Jan 2nd 2003, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 2nd 2003, 3:46 pm

Megs wrote:
K-man wrote:Questions to anyone who could help. I have seen where Lifers here have commented that they got the season 1 Angel DVD for Christmas. Every place I have looked for that DVD, states it is not released until Feb. 11,2003. Is it available yet? and if so where?
I got the impressions that it was available in Europe before it was available in the US. I could be wrong, though.
Yeah Season 1 has been out for a while in the UK and Season 2 came out back in April of 2002 I believe. Pays to have a region free player. Not that I actually own or watch Angel at all.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Babylon 5

Post by lance » Jan 9th 2003, 10:49 am

Hello all,

I just wanted to let you know that Babylon 5: Season 2 is set for release on 4/29. This will be extremely cool.

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

DVDs

Post by lance » Jan 21st 2003, 12:47 pm

Hey all,

With the impending approach of my birthday (Ho-ah!) looks like I will be picking up Starblazers Season One Box Set from Amazon. The set is currently back ordered but hopefully I will see it soon.

Best,

Lance Man

DVDOwner
Nicky Driscoll

Post by DVDOwner » Jan 24th 2003, 12:03 am

Just got - :D

:D :D :D Buffy Season Three! :D :D :D

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

DVD

Post by lance » Jan 24th 2003, 12:57 pm

DVDOwner wrote:Just got - :D

:D :D :D Buffy Season Three! :D :D :D
Very cool!

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 24th 2003, 1:04 pm

K-man wrote:Questions to anyone who could help. I have seen where Lifers here have commented that they got the season 1 Angel DVD for Christmas. Every place I have looked for that DVD, states it is not released until Feb. 11,2003. Is it available yet? and if so where? Has anyone seen the DVD of Eerie Indiana? It is only 3 episodes and I was wondering if it was worth buying.? Will Freaks and Geeks or Popular ever be released on disc? Thanks for the help guys. :)
K-Man,

I believe that in Region Two Angel First and Second Seasons are already out. If you own a region free player and want to pay roughly $110.00 per season set depending on current exchange rates and shipping charges you can order from blackstar. Angel: Season One, Region One is coming out 2/11/03 for a I think $59.99 SRP.

I hope that helps.

Okay budgeting DVD fans question for you:

I now have Starblazers Season One and have two out of the four discs for Season Two (Comet Empire). I have some birthday cash coming soon so here is my dilemma:

Do I work on completing my collection of Starblazers Season Two?

-OR-

Do I go for Angel: Season One?

What do you think?

Lance Man