8 years "My So-Called Life" - 4 years MSCL.COM

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

8 years "My So-Called Life" - 4 years MSCL.COM

Post by Sascha » Aug 27th 2002, 6:48 am

Thursday, 25th of August 1994, 8pm ET: the first episode of the critically acclaimed new drama "My So-Called Life" premieres on ABC.

Tuesday, 25th of August 1998, 0am GMT: MSCL.COM goes online.

It's amazing how fast the time goes by.

BTW: technically, MSCL is almost 10 years old: The first writer draft by Winnie Holzman for the full-hour version of "Someone like me" was finished on December 15th, 1992. The episode was shot beginning on March 2nd, 1993. But I guess early drafts (maybe a half-hour show back then?) were already written in early 1992, maybe even when "thirtysomething" was still airing.

IMHO there are some resemblances between MSCL-Angela and the "thirtysomething"-character Melissa. Just watch the episode "Melissa & Men" (aired in the last season of "30something", 1991, written by W. Holzman) and you'll notice some interesting similarities: First, Melissa remembers the quiet and smart kid Leonard Katz (Brian?) from her high-school age, "not being interested in him or the copy of Siddhartha that he loaned her" back in high school. Of course, Leonard had a crush on Melissa. And then there's her high-school crush ("Duffy Smith"), who is that typical, cool, handsome, but not-so-smart Jordan-Catalano-type. Not to mention that Melissa has red hairs :-)
http://home.earthlink.net/~lasteven/Thi ... lissa.html
http://www.npcentral.org/pictures/thirty/some.html

Oh, what was the topic again ...? ;-)

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Happy Birthday MSCL and Dot Com!

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 28th 2002, 11:42 pm

My, what a fascinating astrological birth chart the show has! It's not everyday you see a grand triangle and a grand cross in the same chart... :shock:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Sep 2nd 2002, 7:34 pm

SAB wrote; "It's amazing how fast the time goes by."

Indeed!!!!!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man