Ny So-called Life Movie?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Movie

Post by K-man » Aug 25th 2002, 9:53 pm

I agree with most of y'all in that the movie would probably be a disappointment. BUT.....I promise I would run right out and see it if/when it ever came about!!! Good to hear Worldsapart's voice around here again!!!!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Mankind
Frozen Embryo

MSCL Books

Post by Mankind » Aug 26th 2002, 3:00 am

Hey Tracey/worldsapart! I'm glad to here you also didn't like the novelization of MSCL either. I'm the one who wrote the original review on amazon 3 years ago.

jrob2486@cp.raritanval.ed

hey, i'll do a my-so-called life movie with you

Post by jrob2486@cp.raritanval.ed » Aug 26th 2002, 3:55 pm

:D I started to write a story anyway, we could go it, I could we could even be one of the characters and I could get some of my friends to good it. let me know if your interested, I live in bound brook nj, I used to live in croton ny went I was younger. that's a GREAT idea! :P :idea: :!:

The Matrix DVD
Tino

Post by The Matrix DVD » Sep 17th 2002, 6:35 pm

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!

A my so called life MOVIE. Man I think that would be awesome!

They could pick up the series with Angela in college. It would be awesome because they could make it alot better then just a TV show. With an R rating we could see things like Angelas boobs! WHO KNOWS!

But I doubt it will ever happen.

CrimsonGlow
Overlooked Sibling

MSCL Movie

Post by CrimsonGlow » Sep 20th 2002, 11:05 am

Though it may be interesting for us die-hard MSCL freaks because we want more, I don't think it would be that great of an idea.
Everything about MSCL should be left alone because that's what makes us major fans of the show, and that's why the show is very interesting and continues to be loved.
A movie, especially if done now, would almost be like closure to the show, and that's something that MSCL isn't meant to face. I remember finding out that the show was over, and I was sad, angry, and confused at the same time, but later on, I realized that it was a shooting star on TV. It's like it was put on TV to bring something special, and even as it ended quickly, it seems scary to think that it was meant to end quickly but I'm thankful for that. Otherwise, it would end up being like those other shows that end up losing its cool later on. However, I still think one more episode should have been done to make it an even 20, or at least finish the season! :)
"Seeing a teacher's actual lunch is like, sooo depressing"

The Matrix DVD
Tino

Post by The Matrix DVD » Sep 20th 2002, 2:50 pm

I don't think a movie would mess things up. It would take things to a whole new level. YOU KNOW!

They could even bring back the show on TV. That would be really cool too.

Interesting thing you said though how MSCL was a shooting star on TV. That is a good way to describe it. It came on, was AMAZING to see, and then was gone soo quickly.

I still think a movie would be pretty awesome.