Fun poll

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Lindsay » Jan 17th 2003, 6:46 pm

and at least you know..... instead of never asking! Good for you. You should feel proud of yourself. It's like Brian/Angela. At least she knows now.....

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jan 18th 2003, 12:14 am

Lindsay wrote:and at least you know..... instead of never asking! Good for you. You should feel proud of yourself. It's like Brian/Angela. At least she knows now.....
I feel great, even though I'm probably going to see The Hours by myself this weekend. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I still have a little Brian in me, but I'm trying to purge the bad stuff each day. Maybe I can keep his good qualities?
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 18th 2003, 1:26 pm

I wonder if I can get my husband to go see The Hours? I really would like to see that. But I don't think he would be interested. Ever since I made him go see Oprah's Beloved in college, he has never trusted my taste in movies. I will never live that down. It was the only time that we ever considered walking out of a movie theatre. And we love movies. That wa sjust bad, bad, bad. "Be... love...ed" said in that scratchy voice. That's the only part I remember. :shock:

And I also just finished Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood, so I want to rent the movie and watch that, as well. Too bad we are broke until next week! Being a grown up sucks. :wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

missmarmalade
Nicky Driscoll

Post by missmarmalade » Jan 18th 2003, 1:40 pm

I'm a young married girlie too! Yes, being a grown up does suck! Bills, rent, insurance...ugh! I wish I could have stayed 17 forever! Hehe! Kind of like that episode of "Blossom"! Hehe! ;)

Keith
Tino

"cause words don't come out all right.."

Post by Keith » Jan 19th 2003, 7:30 pm

Favorite over-all episode:

“you want me to pick? among so many great episodes. I love “Why Jordan Can’t Read”, and then there’s “Self-Esteem”, and my heart always break when I watch “So-Called Angels.” I guess you could say I have a favorite series. :-)

Favorite moment between 2 or more characters:

“well, there’s a few. How about the moment when Graham and Patty visit the “it’s not a costume” woman to get their halloween suits. And they could have been Bill and Hilary. I think she read them well. They had hot sex that night. :-)”

Favorite, like, quote: “No one should hate.. who they are.”

Least favorite moment between 2 characters: “Rayanne and Jordan. You know, the one.”

Event that most resembled an event in my own life: “Event. How about my whole life. This is my-so-called-life.”

I got chills when: “Jordan takes her hand and ‘buffalo tom’ is playing in the background. The heart skips a beat.”

I cringed when: “I saw Rickie bleeding into the snow..” It - liked- hurt.”

I cried when: “...Angela kissed Rickie in the car in the rain during ‘Guns and Gossip...”

I smiled biggest when: “...Angela was on her bike at the end of ‘Pressure’, and loving her life.. if just for the moment.”

I laughed hardest when: “...Rickie dressed liked Brian on Halloween, and pulled it off so perfectly.. in the words of Rayanne.. “Rickie, you look good without make-up.”

I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): “Jordan. Brian is too much like the brother that Angela never had. and Jordan is gorgeous. Think about it.”

I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): “Yes. Rayanne needs a real girl friend, like Angela. Angela isn’t a user, and is the kind of friend anyone would like to have.“

Character whose personality is most like mine: Graham.

Character I'd most like to befriend: Graham. I mean, I ‘like’ myself.”

Character who grew the most over that year: Patty.

“I’d do it if i could,
I hope you know I would...”

and he takes her hand...

tigerlilly711
Nicky Driscoll

Post by tigerlilly711 » Mar 28th 2003, 12:31 pm

Posted: Wed May 09, 2001 1:16 pm Post subject: Fun poll

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Favorite over-all episode: Self Esteem but its close
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: Angela and Jordan at the end of Self-Esteem where he asks her to go somewhere
Favorite, like, quote: "School is like a battlefield for your heart"
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Jordan and Angela when he gives her back the note and she babbles about having a boyfriend over the summer named Jordan, its painful to watch
Event that most resembled an event in my own life: when Jordan didnt show up to meet Patty and Graham
I got chills when: Jordan and Angela nearly kiss against the fence outside of the dance
I cringed when: Angela tries to talk to Jordan at Buffalo Tom
I cried when: Jordan asked Angela why she couldnt just be normal
I smiled biggest when: Jordan grabbed Angela's hand in "Self Esteem"
I laughed hardest when: Patty gets really drunk at the resturant in "The Weekend"
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Jordan he really does lean incredibly
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): Yes
Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela
Character I'd most like to befriend: Brian
Character who grew the most over that year: Rayanne she had her low points but overall really developed and changed

Have fun!
This life has been a test, if it had been an actual life, you would have been given instructions on where to go and what to do

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Mar 28th 2003, 12:57 pm

Just wanted to welcome you to our home, er, board, tigerlilly711! I look forward to reading more of your posts!

:n00b:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Apr 4th 2003, 5:25 pm

Favorite over-all episode: Life of Brian
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: The tutoring scenes between Brian and Jordon, specifically when Jordon says “Forget the story. I can’t think about some crappy story. My life sucks too much.”
Favorite, like, quote: “My life is so ridiculous. I have to ask Delia Fisher to the dance. I *have* to. Now -- on the count of three. One. Two. Three. [the bell rings] Speak! [Delia disappears around a corner]”
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Hallie and Graham when she tells him her and Brad broke up in “In Dreams” (any other scene involving Hallie)
Event that most resembled an event in my own life: The letter (see my newbie post for the whole story)
I got chills when: Angela confronts Brian about the letter.
I cringed when: Jordon slams the hood of his car and tells Angela to “Quit lying…”
I cried when: Angela and Jordon broke up in the downstairs hallway
I smiled biggest when: Jordon takes Angela’s hand in the hall, “Late at Night” just makes that scene. It’s my favorite ending, followed closely by Angela riding her bike in Pressure.
I laughed hardest when: Brian is asking Delia to the dance and says: “And so in conclusion, I guess the truth is that I can't, you know, um work like twenty-four hours a day. All work and no play, or whatever.” The fact that he used “in conclusion” was just too much for me.
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Jordon through high school, finds someone else after that, shares an unspoken bond with Brian for life, but never dates him.
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): yes, but the innocence of their relationship is gone. They no longer idealize each other and their relationship is forever changed because of that.
Character whose personality is most like mine: Brian (I’m a big nerd, I just hide it a bit better)
Character I'd most like to befriend: Angela, why couldn’t she like me?
Character who grew the most over that year: Rickie, even though everyone had their struggles, I think being homeless and abused was the toughest battle.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

nkatsa
Three Rivers Resident

Post by nkatsa » Apr 5th 2003, 3:17 am

nothingman-
?And so in conclusion, I guess the truth is that I can't, you know, um work like twenty-four hours a day. All work and no play, or whatever.?
:lol: Great pick! I was just watching this ep with a bunch of friends, and we all looked at each other and said "in conclusion??" and then cracked up. Oh man, i don't even wanna know what he said and how long he babbled before he felt the need to "conclude." :lol:

Good call on the Brian/Jordan scenes too. Like Angela's comment about them not being able to exist in the same proximity as each other because it would just be like, against nature or something, it does seem really bizarre to think of them ever interacting. But when they did it was just so funny and weirdly cute and perfect that I completely loved it. I'd have to say my favorite Brian/Jordan moment was probably "You like, do this? This is like, how you live?" :wink:
I bet you can actually die of embarrassment. I bet it's been medically proven.

Post by Guest » Apr 5th 2003, 8:45 pm

nkatsa-

Glad I'm not the only one who found it funny. I love how Brian asking Delia out like he's writing a paper or a lab report. Then he tries to mask it with the "all work and no play" cliche. Too much.

There is just something about Jordon and Brian interacting that glues me to the screen. It's like fire and water, two people staring at each other from opposite ends of the social spectrum, each wondering how the other half lives.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Apr 5th 2003, 8:47 pm

oops, forgot to login for that last post
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

MarsJunkie
Nicky Driscoll

And again, I reply to an old post......

Post by MarsJunkie » Nov 1st 2003, 1:40 pm

Favorite over-all episode: Self Esteem, I think it shows a lot of growing for some of the characters.
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: Jordan grabbing Angela's hand in the hall in "Self-Esteem". Everyone saw it. All her friends and his friends were involved, so technically that was like 8 characters, but still.....
Favorite, like, quote: Too many to mention....
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Jordan and Rayanne...enough said.
Event that most resembled an event in my own life: Any scene where Angela feels unsure of herself, either because of what her friends are doing or because of something she has done.
I got chills when: Jordan and Angela drove off in the last shot and Brian was left standing alone.
I cringed when: Jordan told Angela "you're kind of crowding me" in "Self Esteem".
I cried when: Rickie showed up at Mr. Katimski's door and told him it was too hard to be alone (I think it was in "Resolutions").
I smiled biggest when: Jordan takes Angela's hand in "Self Esteem".
I laughed hardest when: Rayanne told Patty she was "squeaky clean like a rubber ducky" (in reference to her no longer drinking) in On The Wagon.
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Jordan, I think they could both continue to learn and grow through each other.
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): Yes, but only after they had a serious talk about everything that happened.
Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela, never really sure of herself, but (mostly) always there when you need her.
Character I'd most like to befriend: Rayanne, she seems like such a fun person to be around (except for the whole sleeping with Jordan thing).
Character who grew the most over that year: I think everyone grew a lot over the year, but I think Jordan grew the most. He learned how to be more in touch with his feelings and how to do things that he wants to, regardless of what his friends thought.
"He flopped on the floor uncontrollably, okay? Rickie had to hold down his tounge..."
"...And I wasn't even there!"

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 29th 2003, 2:17 pm

Favorite over-all episode: “Self-Esteem” (but I love “Halloween”)
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: Brian and Rickie sitting on the stairs in ”Self-Esteem” …“He didn’t even see the difference between Enrique and Ricardo” “Who’s Enrique and Ricardo”…
Favorite, like, quote: Way Too HARD to choose:
“It’s just seems like, you agree to have a certain personality or something. For no reason. Just to make things easier for everyone. But when you think about it, I mean, how do you know it’s even you?”
“People always say you should be yourself, like yourself is this definite thing, like a toaster, or something. Like you can know what it is, even. But every so often, I’ll have, like, a moment, when being myself, and my life right where I am is, like, enough”
“That, ah, oak tree poem… That was yesterday, what are you going to write today?”
“Ah Brian, could you like, pick a sentence and go with it”
Least favorite moment between 2 characters:
Angela and Corey backstage.
Event that most resembled an event in my own life:
In the street in the pilot when Brian is trying to say something to Angela, and he says her name twice, almost like he is in pain.
Also, almost any scene concerning Patty and Angela, that IS my life with my mother, especially:
Graham: She just wants you to be happy. She wants everyone to be happy.
Angela: No, that's you.
Graham: My point... I mean. Think of all the things that she does, for you.
Angela: Out of nowhere, she'll get in this mood. And her lips will get all tight. It's just so obvious that she's looking for someone to blame.
I got chills when:
Jordan shows up at Let’s Bolt
I cringed when: Angela asks Jordan to the Bicycle Thief in the school hallway in “Why Jordan Can’t Read”
I cried when: I never cry while watching the show, but I feel the most empathy when Angela is on her bed listening to the Cranberries in “Guns and Gossip”, especially when she crinkles her face while Patty is holding it and then she falls back down. Runner-up would be when Angela watches the talent show at the end of “Zit”.
I smiled biggest when: Jordan takes Angela’s hand for the first time in “Self-Esteem’
I laughed hardest when: “Yeah, my car” and “You know those guys …
in the mountains? Who make snow, like as their job? I would really like to do that”
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Jordan All the Way!!! –but
who knows how long that will last. Never Brian.
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): Yes, but it
hardly seems possible, life doesn’t work like that (in my experience)
Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela
Character I'd most like to befriend: Jordan Catalano
Character who grew the most over that year: Sharon
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Smells Like Teenspirit

Post by Smells Like Teenspirit » Dec 15th 2003, 6:12 pm

Favorite over-all episode:"Self Esteem"-> showing Jordan that he has feelings for Angela which semms definately to be true
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters:The first romantic kiss betwenn Jordan and Angela in Jordan's car after playing "Red"
Favorite, like, quote: Jordan: "I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Jordan saying Angela is abnormal before breaking up :evil: :D and conversations between Patty and Graham
Event that most resembled an event in my own life: see favorite quote
I got chills when: Jordan totally ignores Angela at Pike street
I cringed when: Jordan telling Angela she is abnormal and Jordan sleeping with Rayanne
I cried when: Jordan sang "Red"-> this song is absolutely beautiful
I smiled biggest when: Jordan takes Angela's hand in "Self Esteem" :D
I laughed hardest when:Patty waiting for her ex- boyfriend and Jordan stands in the door
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Jordan with no discussion. Angela always wanted Jordan and he changed so much that he himself wants Angela back and fights for her. He would do anything to get Angela back and he shows this to her.
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): Yes, but it will take time and won't be the same anymore
Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela, I'm also extremely emotional, introverted and thinking to much and speaking to myself
Character I'd most like to befriend: Ricky because he's gay and Jordan, because he's so mysterious
Character who grew the most over that year: Jordan -> he changed alot in his attitude towards Angela and wanting her back, realizing that he can't live without her anymore

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Dec 16th 2003, 3:02 pm

Favorite over-all episode: pressure

Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: jordan and angela hold hands

Favorite, like, quote: sometimes it feels like were trapped in this prison and the crime is is how much we hate ourself... its good to get dressed up once in awhile... and admit the truth... that when you really look closely... people are so strange and complicated... there actually beautiful... possibly even me...

Least favorite moment between 2 characters: when jordan disses angela at the pike in self esteem

Event that most resembled an event in my own life: in the pilot when angela says that she feels she will die if she doesnt change who she is...

I got chills when: when jordan sang red

I cringed when: must i even remind myself... ofcourse rayanne and jordan.... ugh

I cried when: in my so called angels when rickie and patty are in the church and she grabs his hand...

I smiled biggest when: jordan and angela kissed in why jordan cant read

I laughed hardest when: to be honest all of pressure except for the end was the funniest but if i had to choose one it would either be when jordan is sitting in the kitchen talking about his major and when brian and angela are sitting on the stairs talking about S-E-X

I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): jordan... only because you can see how much in love with him she is... but i think evenutally they would just not make it...

I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): yes... but once you betray a friend like that you can never get back the friendship you once had...

Character whose personality is most like mine: angela

Character I'd most like to befriend: angela

Character who grew the most over that year: rickie... finally realizing that it is ok to be who he is and he doesnt have to hate himself for excepting that... so many people struggle in there life to find who they are and he accepted a part of himself that most people never do... also he grows from being scared alone and unhappy to find stability and happiness... he really is a great person and friend!!!
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life