Fun poll

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Stick
Liberty High Student

Re: Fun poll

Post by Stick » Mar 3rd 2009, 7:52 pm

Favorite over-all episode: The Pilot

Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: Rayanne confronting Angela in the bathroom,
Rayanne: You wanna have sex with him.
Angela: Who?
Rayanne: Who. Jordan. Catalano. Come on, I'm not gonna tell anyone, just admit it.
Angela: I just like how he's always leaning. Against stuff. He leans great. Well, either sex or a conversation. Ideally both.

Favorite, like, quote: Angela: "If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking." I've been there so many times.

Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Anything involving the adults, sometimes they don't interest me so much.

Event that most resembled an event in my own life: Just the little things like:
Angela zoning out when she's in English class. (Although I wouldn't do that in English, my favorite class.)
Being introspective.

I got chills when: Any of the music plays and it instantly reminds me of all my favorite moments.

I cringed when: Whenever Angela is fumbling for something to say and the worst possible/stupidest thing comes out of her mouth. Especially when you know how smart and introspective she is most of the time.

I cried when: I'm not much of a crier but the ending of the series made me sad, knowing that it was over.

I smiled biggest when: Angela: I mean, I think about it... all the time, but...
Brian: Wait, you *think* about it all the time?
Angela: Brian! Yes! Shut up... guys don't have a monopoly on thinking about it.
Brian: They don't?
Angela: *No!*
or
Angela looking at Jordan from the cop car and Rayanne pissing herself in the background.

I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): She wants Jordan and if he shapes up a bit, then he could be a good "high school romance" Eventually though I think Angela would want something more meaningful, something Brian could provide.

I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): Of course, they're so good together.

Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela, is scary close. Brain comes in at a close second. I'm really a mix of the two of them, one moment a hopeless romantic and the next not.

Character I'd most like to befriend: Rayanne before she stopped drinking. (And got clingy in On The Wagon) Angela and Brian are too like me and Jordan wouldn't be able to have a conversation with me.

Character who grew the most over that year:I think everyone grew over the show in their own way.

haunted_mind
Tino

Post by haunted_mind » Jun 21st 2009, 11:21 pm

I'm going to do this without much "research" or re-watching the show. However, I already know that for most of these, there is never just one *favorite* so I'll just say that it is one (or two) that I really like. :)

Favorite over-all episode: Self Esteem, Life of Brian

Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: It's such a cliche, typical answer, but when Jordan takes Angela's hand.

Favorite, like, quote: "Finally, an erection from actual physical contact." "This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would have received instrustructions on where to go and what to do" "Sometimes someone says something really small and it just fits into this empty place in your heart." "It's like you have created your own prison and now you have to exist in it."

Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Again, kind of predictable....Rayanne and Jordan for sure.

Event that most resembled an event in my own life: Well, it's not *one* but the fighting with Mom, that was an everyday thing with me. Also, the changing friendship between Sharon and Angela. That heartbreaking realization that people and relationships change.

I got chills when: Jordan is listening to the poem in English class and realizes he loves Angela.

I cringed when: When Jordan brushes Angela off at the pool hall.

I cried when: Angela realizes she's beautiful in "The Zit". Sharon and Angela have their confrontation and "break up." Rickie is lighting candles in the church in "So-Called Angels". The girls are reading the lines in the play. I cry a lot. These are just a few examples.

I smiled biggest when: Jordan takes Angela's hand. Don't know if I actually *smile* but I love when Rayanne goes up to Jordan in the pool hall to stick up for Angela.

I laughed hardest when: Oh my goodness. I laugh a lot. Anytime Rayanne talks to Brian. I laugh a lot in general when Rayanne is on the screen.

I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Oh boy. I think Angela needed to follow through with Jordan to get it out of her system, so to speak. But I don't think he was right for her. But is that to say Brian was? I definitely would have wanted them to try to make a relationship work :fadein:

I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): I do. Rayanne had a lot to do with who Angela became as a person. I think she should remain in her life. I don't think their friendship would be the same, though. And I think that Angela and Sharon would/should grow close again.

Character whose personality is most like mine: Probably Angela or Brian. I was very shy, still am. I was the smart kid and that's all people really saw me as. I wasn't attractive or sporty. Always liked people who were never going to like me back.

Character I'd most like to befriend: Well, that's hard to say, because I'd want to befriend them all. Just like in life, each friend is there for different reasons. I wouldn't want to be too crazy with Rayanne, but wouldn't it be a time to hang out with her? And I may not wear a Christmas sweater, but I would love to spend time with Sharon...and so on. Hehe.

Character who grew the most over that year: Oh gosh. I think Rayanne grew a lot.
*It's like you've created your own prison, and now you have to exist in it*

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Jul 20th 2009, 12:44 pm

First of all, I LOOOOOOVED reading everyone's answers!!! I tried winging this and just could not...any other show maybe but not MSCL. I'll have to give it some thought and come back! Wish me luck, this could take a while...
There's so many different ways to be connected to people.
There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to,
even though there's not even a word for it.
There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in
this way that other people can't, because they've seen you
change...

they've let you change.

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Jul 21st 2009, 2:46 pm

Favorite Episode: I like to think of MSCL more as a really long movie than a show...so this is a tough one. I have multiple answers and this is leaving a few out! The Pilot, Why Jordan Can't Read, Other People's Mothers, So-Called Angels

Favorite moment between 2 characters: I just cannot seem to answer this question! I guess I'll go with when Angela and Jordan are in his car and they have their first "real" kiss. I love when Jordan tells Angela he wants to be one of those guys in the mountains who make snow and she says "like part-time?" LOL!

Favorite Quote: "People always say you should be yourself, like yourself is this definite thing, like a toaster, or something. Like you can know what it is, even. But every so often I'll have like a moment, where being myself, and my life right where I am, is like, enough." That and the quote I have as my signature.

Least favorite moment between 2 characters: When Hallie and Graham touch hands and look at each other, you just KNOW then that something might happen between them. And also when Angela lies to Jordan about Rayanne needing her and leaves him hanging...you just knew that was the end for them.

Event most like one in my life: There wasn't one event but many of the relationships I related to a lot! I've said before that I definitely had a Jordan and a Brian, and then I really identified with Angela's relationship with Patty vs. Amber...a lot. Does that make sense??

I got chills when: Jordan returns Angela's bike after their break-up fight and they have that really sweet conversation in her foyer, then pan down to Graham on the couch...that face he makes is probably some of the best acting I have ever seen! Can you imagine hearing that conversation of your teenage daughter???????????????!

I cringed when: Definitely when Angela asks Jordan to the movie but tells him he has to meet her parents first! And of course when Jordan and Angela are making out in the boiler room and he tells her to keep them a secret. Ouch! Also when Rickie hears Angela's parents talking about him living at their house.

I cried when: Patty & Rickie hug in the church, basically that whole church scene, I've even tried to look up "Inner Voices" to get the songs the church choir is singing! No luck though. And when Jordan doesn't show up at Angela's house after she got all dressed up...that scene where she is alone in her room always makes me cry!

I smiled biggest when: The whole gang leaves the church in So-Called Angels all together! I always wished that Rayanne and Sharon were there too.

I laughed hardest when: In Guns and Gossip when Angela, Brian and Rayanne are talking to the guidance counselor, specifically when Rayanne says "What was that?!" and when Angela goes on her rant and starts crying, even though she's crying I always laugh through that entire scene! Also when Patty tells Brian in the Christmas episode to "Spit it out!" And finally, that scene where Jordan has snuck into the Chase home and Patty comes down the stairs to talk to Angela and she says "We want to meet your friend Jordan!" That's of course a very condensed verion but I'm trying to keep this as short as I can!

I hope that Angela chose: I belong to the camp that thinks she would have dated Jordan and gotten him out of her system, then dated Brian later in life as her true love. Maybe they would go to college together, and of course Jordan would not have...sigh.

I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up: Definitely yes! Of course their friendship will never be exactly the same but that's ok...that's life. That would have been one of the greatest storylines if the show had continued, there would have been so many directions they could have gone in with Angela and Rayanne.

Character whose personality is most like mine: Well, Angela. Way to introspective, always wanting to push my stop talking button, having really great best friends and still feeling lonely sometimes, and on and on...

Character I'd most like to befriend: EASY: RICKIE! I was 14/15 when this show aired and I dreamt about having Rickie as a friend. Today, at *almost* 30 I do not get star struck(except for my fave singer) at all by anyone but if I ever got to meet Wilson Cruz I'd just die!

Character who grew the most over that year: Rayanne

That was a blast and I am exhausted!!!!!!
There's so many different ways to be connected to people.
There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to,
even though there's not even a word for it.
There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in
this way that other people can't, because they've seen you
change...

they've let you change.