Fun poll

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
MSCLfan00
Nicky Driscoll

Post by MSCLfan00 » Aug 22nd 2004, 9:20 pm

Favorite over-all episode: Why Jordan Can't Read
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: In "Pilot" when Angela is in the cop car and Jordan sees her and says "Hey, I know that girl...Angela!" And Angela smiles because he finally notices her!
Favorite, like, quote: Brian: Finally, an erection from *actual* physical contact!
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Brian and Delia
Event that most resembled an event in my own life: When Angela is in love with Jordan and he doesn't even realize it
I got chills when: In "Self-Esteem" when Jordan goes and grabs Angela's hand and walks down the hall with her
I cringed when: Jordan tells Angela she's crowding him when he's playing pool in "Self-Esteem"
I cried when: Angela left Brian in the street in, "In Dreams Begin Responsibilities"
I smiled biggest when: Angela said the letter must have been a complete joke and Brian said "No, I meant every word" and Angela realized that Brian actually wrote the letter
I laughed hardest when: Brian asks Angela to dance at the World Happiness Dance ands he says "No, not with you"
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Jordan at first, and then she realizes that Brian loves her most!
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): yes, but only after Rayanne stops drinking
Character whose personality is most like mine: angela or brian at times
Character I'd most like to befriend: rickie!
Character who grew the most over that year: jordan of course
"You have the option of insanity. I do not! And that makes me CRAZY!"

GO KRAKOW! :)

--msclfan00--

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Sep 15th 2004, 3:08 am

MSCLfan00 wrote: Favorite over-all episode: So-Called Angels

Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: How could you not love it when Jordan grabbed Angela`s hand.

Favorite, like, quote: Brian: "People trowing themselves at each other is like the basis of civiliazation" -- Rayanne

Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Brian and Delia

Event that most resembled an event in my own life: When A.J. finds out she won the lead role and there was no on there to celebrate with.

I got chills when: Patty finds Rikki lighting candels in So-Called Angels.

I cringed when: Jordan tells Angela she's crowding him when he's playing pool in "Self-Esteem" (*Agreed)

I cried when: I cried every episode

I smiled biggest when: Angela is dancing around her room because she is finally over Jordan.

I laughed hardest when: Rayanne sings the Seasme Street theme song.

I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Brian!!!

I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): Yes. Tears me upo to see Rayanne without Angela.

Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela but I`d love to have Rayannes care free spirit.

Character I'd most like to befriend: Rikki Vasquez or Delia. They both seem like a lot of fuyn. I`d chose Rayanne but she`d get me in trouble.

Character who grew the most over that year: I would have to say a tie between Jordan and Rikki
There`s Something About My Life....

sarahr_81
Overlooked Sibling

Post by sarahr_81 » Sep 16th 2004, 3:09 pm

Favorite over-all episode: self-esteem
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: Jordan and Angela talking in her house at the end of Pressure
Favorite, like, quote: "School is a battlefield...for your heart."
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Jordan and Rayanne, didn't like any of their scenes together at all
Event that most resembled an event in my own life: Angela in general, I felt like she was me, in almost every aspect, especially having an obsession for the "bad boy"
I got chills when: When Jordan grabbed Angela's hand at the end of Self-esteem
I cringed when: alot, especially when Brian was around, poor guy, lol
I cried when: I saw rickie in the church and he sees Patty and the hug, very emotional
I smiled biggest when: Jordan grabbed Angela's hand in "Self Esteem"
I laughed hardest when: Angela takes her coffee "black, with 3 or 4 sugars."
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Jordan
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): Yes
Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela, to a tee, lol
Character I'd most like to befriend: Rickie
Character who grew the most over that year: Jordan

toolostinyou
Jody Barsh

Post by toolostinyou » Sep 17th 2004, 8:33 pm

Favorite over-all episode: tie between guns and gossip and the zit and so-called angels
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: Angela and Brian in the computer lab in guns and gossip, angela and jordan in the car in dancing in the dark, the final final scene of MSCL.
Favorite, like, quote: theres so many!!! but i pick this one "It just seems like, you agree to have a certain personality or something. For no reason. Just to make things easier for everyone. But when you think about it, I mean, how do you know it's even you? And, I mean, this whole thing with yearbook -- it's like, everybody's in this big hurry to make this book, to supposedly remember what happened. Because if you made a book of what really happened, it'd be a really upsetting book."
-- Angela, to Ms. Mayhew
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: grahan and hallie
Event that most resembled an event in my own life: when angela died her hair (lol)
I got chills when: angela finally realized that brian was in love with her
I cringed when: whenever delia spoke........i don't like her
I cried when: i saw the final episode and new that we would never know how that whole situation turned out.
I smiled biggest when: during all those innuendos in weekend
I laughed hardest when: (read answer above)
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): brian
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): yeah
Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela
Character I'd most like to befriend: Rickie, angela, rayanne
Character who grew the most over that year: jordan
Last edited by toolostinyou on Nov 7th 2004, 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Apparently Delia Fischer smiles at everyone. She probably comes from one of
those small towns where everyone's friendly and smiles at you for no reason.
I hate that type of town."
-- Brian

mrsLeto26
Tino

Post by mrsLeto26 » Sep 21st 2004, 8:49 pm

Favorite over-all episode: Life of Brian
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: angela and jordan in the tutoring session when she laughs at his "suggestion"
Favorite, like, quote: "My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying, 'How was that drive by shooting?' You don't care how it was, you're just lucky to get out alive."
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: when brian talked to like, any girl because he doesnt know how.
I cringed when: jordan told angela she was crowding him at the pool table and when rayanne loses the note to jordan
I cried when: rayanne and angela cried on stage saying lines
I smiled biggest when: whenever i see the episode where jordan and angela make out in the boiler room. she's so lucky.
I laughed hardest when: rayanne tells brian about her dad "locking her in the basement" in the halloween episode and when brian leaves his keys in rickie's pants
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): jordan. he's so sexy
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): Yes cuz i've been in the same situation but like, without the sleeping together part.
Character whose personality is most like mine: angela :cry: but i want to be like rayanne but without ODing. lol :D
Character I'd most like to befriend: Jordan
Character who grew the most over that year: brian
What I like, dread, is when people who know you in completely different ways end up in the same area. And you have to develop, this like, combination you, on the spot.

EWU MSCL fan
Overlooked Sibling

Post by EWU MSCL fan » Sep 26th 2004, 5:54 pm

Favorite overall episode: Life of Brian
Favorite moment between two characters: Brian and Jordan's tutoring session where Brian asks how Jordan can just walk up to any girl and get her number
Favorite, like, quote: Rickie "Introductory kisses. Is that like a class I could get into?"
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Brian scenes with Danielle, two uncomfortable kids, uncomfortable for 2 different reasons
I cringed when: Jordan and Rayanne in the back of his car, doing you know
I cried when: They showed the warehouse and then showed Rickie was living there in the episode "My So-Called Angels"
I smiled biggest when: Brian admitted he wrote the letter and then made sure whatever was put in "the letter" made Angela happy
I laughed the hardest when: Brian called the Teen Help Line and Rayanne started talking dirty to him, making him very uncomfortable
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Brian, that was his dreamgirl and he would have made sure not to do anything to screw that up or break her heart like Jordan had done
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): yes, eventually once Rayanne had gotten her act cleaned up and Sharon would have helped her patch things up with Angela
Character whose personality is most like mine: Brian, I know what it is like to get pushed by your parents that hard and to be that socially awkward, but I give Brian alot of credit for telling Angela how he felt something I could never do with my dreamgirl
Character I'd most like to be friend: Rickie, he would always be there for you and would help you find out what the hot girl thought about you and if you had any chance in succeeding if you asked her out
Character who grew the most over that year: Sharon, she went through the most, lost her best friend in Angela, gained a better friend in Brian than before, lost her virginity to Kyle and had to figure out what love was, and learning to accept and become friends with Rayanne

cworky
Nicky Driscoll

Post by cworky » Sep 28th 2004, 4:01 pm

Favorite over-all episode: Self Esteem
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: when jordan and angela break up, but then he kissed her!
Favorite, like, quote:"Did you ever try to protect someone so much that it, like, hurt?"
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Jordan and Rayanne
Event that most resembled an event in my own life: when rayanne and jordan slept together..me being rayanne, and joradn being my friends bf
I got chills when: jordan and angela almost kissed outside the dance
I cringed when: rayanna and jordan slept together
I smiled biggest when: angela and jordan hooked up
I laughed hardest when: angela and rayanne got drunk instead of going to the club
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): jordan! hot, hot, and hot
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): yes i do..because i know what its like
Character whose personality is most like mine: mixture of angela (emotional) and rayanne (insane)
Character I'd most like to befriend: jordan
Character who grew the most over that year: sharon
You're an angel from God up above, and I'm thankful for you understanding love.

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

My Poll

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 5th 2004, 8:53 pm

Favorite over-all episode: Pilot

Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: Dancing in the dark- in Jordan's car- I love how they (Jordan and Angela) fight with each other... like Camille says, "If you can get that angry with somebody, there's passion involved."

Favorite, like, quote: "It's like sometimes people fill their minds with all these stupid things, you know? To keep themselves from thinking about you know, what's *really* important."

Least favorite moment between 2 characters:

Event that most resembled an event in my own life:

I got chills when: Elvis starts to play in Halloween... it is so haunting- I love it!

I cringed when: Angela is trying to get Jordan to ask her out, and also after Jordan says "whatever happens, happens" and gets in his car, to leave Angela there. "Oh, I um forgot my geometry book in my locker, so --"

I cried when: Angela leaves Brian in the last episode... also knowing it would be the last time I saw the characters :cry:

I smiled biggest when: When Jordan says (To Angela), "You could, have sex with me though.. if you really want to help."

I laughed hardest when: The whole majoring conversation with Jordan, Graham, Hallie, and Brad. I love watching Jordan's eyes in this scene!

I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): JORDAN- Brian needs to let go of his childhood memories- and start life.

I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): Yes- only 'cause Rayanne needs Angela.

Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela- I'm way too introsepective for my own good. Unlike Angela, people sometimes get annoyed with it- I'm always in my head, and come up with this crazy, complicated ideas.

Character I'd most like to befriend: Jordan- sounds weird Huh? But, I feel like he is a good person underneath the ego. Also, he's hott!- plus music is a big part of my life... maybe I'm just thinking about Jared Leto??!!

Character who grew the most over that year: JORDAN!- no questions
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Space Goast- (Turns to Thom Yorke) Is that right?
Thom- ...No.
Space Goast- Cuz it sounds like a good idea... so do it.

-Space Goast With Thom Yorke

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 5th 2004, 9:12 pm

Sorry, skipped two---

Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Patty and her Mom and/or dad- It was boring... I think at least- maybe cuz I can't relate to her- I *want* to be distant with my parents... at least in this time in my life.

Event that most resembled an event in my own life: When Angela has to make a "combination her" when Brian, Rayanne, and Rickie are in the same area- you just know people diffrently.
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Space Goast- (Turns to Thom Yorke) Is that right?
Thom- ...No.
Space Goast- Cuz it sounds like a good idea... so do it.

-Space Goast With Thom Yorke

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Re: Fun poll

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 6th 2004, 2:12 pm

I was just looking at this thread and realized I've never did this survey! And I've been here for two years now!!!

Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: This is a tough one, but I'll go with the conversation Rickie and Brian have on the steps outside school in Life of Brian: "Who's Enrique and Ricardo?"

Favorite, like, quote: "Um, in my room one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me." ~Brian in Life of Brian

Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Anytime with Graham and Hallie or Angela and Cory

Event that most resembled an event in my own life: The whole "quasi-pseudo relationship" between Angela and Jordan. I had a huge crush on this one guy for a long time, but he acted like he didn't like me. He wasn't mean the way Jordan sort of is, but when something did finally happen between us, he didn't want to acknowledge it/me. Screwed up. Glad I'm done with that guy!

I got chills when: Jordan and Angela kissed in his car during the "snow" conversation in Why Jordan Can't Read

I cringed when: Rayanne took that last drink in On the Wagon, Graham and Hallie almost kiss in In Dreams..., Jordan snubs Angela at the club in Self Esteem

I cried when: Angela is VO at the fashion show in The Zit: "...And admit the truth. That when you really look closely, people are so strange and so complicated that they're actually... beautiful. Possibly even me."

I smiled biggest when: Jordan takes Angela's hand in the hallway at the end of Self Esteem awww... :D

I laughed hardest when: Patty was drunk at the B&B in Weekend

I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Brian, maybe not as a lover, but certainly as a friend. Jordan jerks her around too much

I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): No

Character whose personality is most like mine: This may sound weird, but I think I'm sort of a mix between Angela and Rayanne. Angela because I'm pretty sensible and smart, and Rayanne because I like to be the center of attention, flirt, and party. Go figure.

Character I'd most like to befriend: Rickie

Character who grew the most over that year: Rickie
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Emeralduk
Liberty High Student

gota love these things.. ive got insomnia!!

Post by Emeralduk » Nov 27th 2004, 5:09 pm

arent these things just an excuse for each of us to think more deeply about mscl? hey im not complaining..

Favorite over-all episode: Self Esteem (*"my mistress' eyes"*)
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: Jordan and Angela outside the dance, in "Life of Brian"
Favorite, like, quote: "You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Jordan showing his cruel, shallow side by saying "unless you're like, abnormal or something.." to Angela, in "Pressure"
Event that most resembled an event in my own life: Getting those butterflies when you see a guy you like (Angela and her Jordan obsession)
I got chills when: Jordan pressed Angela up against the fence in "Life of Brian" (*"release me"*)
I cringed when: Rayanne got out of control and fell onto the floor at her party, in "Other People's Mothers"
I cried when: Rickie turns up at Mr Katimsky's apartment.. sob sob!
I smiled biggest when: Angela looks upon Patty and Danielle at the pageant, in "The Zit" (*"return to innocence"*)
I laughed hardest when: Rickie raves to Brian about his hate for Mr Katimsky, in "Self Esteem"
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Jordan. oh so gorgeous and intense!
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): Yes
Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela. with the whole thinking about life too much..
Character I'd most like to befriend: Character who grew the most over that year: Rickie. a truly unique person and awesome friend.

*~Emerald~*
"Hello, you've reached the winter of our discontent."

EchelonFan
Tino

Post by EchelonFan » Dec 22nd 2004, 3:31 pm

Favorite over-all episode: Self Esteem
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: hallway self esteem.
Favorite, like, quote: "why are u like this?" "like wat?" like how u are"
Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Jordan and Rayanne
Event that most resembled an event in my own life: jodan playing guitar at vertigo
I got chills when: jordan and angela held hands in self esteem
I cringed when: rickie told angela that brian wrote the letter
I cried when: jordan and angela broke up
I smiled biggest when: jordan sang red
I laughed hardest when: Angela does her freedom dance
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Jordan definatley
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): yes and no
Character whose personality is most like mine: jordan im very resvered around crowds of people
Character I'd most like to befriend: angela ,shes hot :P
Character who grew the most over that year: Jordan
You are a speck, in this vast universe, you are a dot and nobody loves you.
-30 Seconds to Mars

The Mars Amry is coming... Earth will have no chance.

[california divsion- ECHELON]

mscl_adam
Tino

Post by mscl_adam » Dec 23rd 2004, 2:29 pm

Favorite over-all episode: The Pilot
Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: the last part of self-esteem.
Favorite, like, quote: "The karma in this house is... ridiculous." LOL -Angela
Least favorite moment between 2 or more characters: 1. Jordan and Rayanne. 2. When Brian told Delia he didn't want to go to the dance with her.
Event that resembled an event in my life: IDK, just the way Angela is and the things she does.
I got chills when: Angela called Patty in "Other People's Mothers", and said "Mom, I need you."
I cringed when: That dude pushed Rayanne against the car and started trying to make out with her in the pilot.
I cried when: Patty and Ricky hugged in "So-Called Angels"
I smiled biggest when: 1. Rayanne took the drink in "On the Wagon". It was horrible that she did it, but I missed the old Rayanne.
2. In the pilot when Rayanne looked at Angela in the cop car and said "Angela, with your hair like that, it hurts to look at you"
I laughed hardest when: Angela was put into the cop car in the pilot with Rayanne, but they both were smiling hard because Jordan Catalono came lol. Rayanne was pointing like "Oh my Gosh!" and Angela was just smilin lmao.
I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): Jordan
I hope that Angela and Rayanne make-up (yes or no): Oh how I wish that that had never happened between Rayanne and Jordan, but yes, I hope they make up.
Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela, she's like me a lot. I cannot explain it though, it's jsut little moments.
Character I'd most like to befriend: Ricky, cause he's caring of his friends. Then Rayanne cuz she is always having fun.
Character who grew the most over the year: Rayanne (lol just joking!) Probably Jordan.

Crescendo
Tino

Post by Crescendo » Dec 23rd 2004, 4:27 pm

Favorite moment between 2 or more characters: Rickie and Delia's dance; when Jordan takes Angela's hand; whenever Rickie, Rayanne, and Angela are together. I love when Rickie tells Delia that if he were attracted to girls, he would be attracted to her.

Favorite, like, quote: "How ironic can you get without, like, puking?"-Brian and "It got so hard to be alone."-Rickie

Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Ugh. Rayanne and Jordan in that one episode... that shall not be named....

Event that most resembled an event in my own life: many mother-daughter situations between Angela and Patty, oh and Brian's freaking out about school, most definitely me. When Angela describes Sunday nights and how they are like, depressing is TOTALLY true, and when Brian says, "It's official, that nothing in my life ever really happens." is a pretty accurate description, I'd say. :?

I got chills when: Jordan offers Rickie a ride home in "Angels"

I cringed when: When Brian tells Delia he doesn't want to go to the dance with her!!!

I cried when: Various moments in So-Called Angels, esp. when Patty and Rickie hug at the end; when Rickie says that he just doesn't "fit" in Life of Brian

I smiled biggest when: Rickie and Delia dance in Life of Brian, most of Rayanne's humorous remarks, when Brian says to Angela, "Geometry is like a paid vacation compared to ____(insert appropriate subject... was it Calc?)!" When Sharon is fretting and whining about her life with Rayanne.

I laughed hardest when: Rickie's impression of Mr. Katimski; when Rickie and Brian are talking about couples at school, and how it all happened so quickly, and Brian's all "I must have been absent that day" or something. LOL

I hope that Angela chose (Jordan or Brian): NEITHER. But Jordan, because she would have been wayyy uncomfortable around Brian. And so would I if they ended up together. uck.

I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up (yes or no): yes!

Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela. and Brian, heh.

Character I'd most like to befriend: RICKIE!!! :D

Character who grew the most over that year: Jordan, Rickie, or Patty.

So, I know that I put multiple answers. Desolee. Good poll, though!
"How ironic can you get without, like, puking?" -Brian in "Life of Brian"

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Mar 2nd 2009, 8:03 pm

Favorite over-all episode: Life of Brian/ Betrayal

Favorite moment between two characters:
When Angela Stops to Talk to Brian on the sidewalk at the end of Strangers in the House
When Danielle climbs into bed with Rayanne in The Weekend
“Our Town” scene between Rayanne and Angela at the end of Betrayal
Scene where Sharon admits she’s Rayanne’s friend in the bathroom
When Angela “asks” Brian to the dance in Life of Brian
Rickie dancing at the World Happiness Dance
Rickie saying he doesn’t belong, to Angela at the world Happiness Dance.
(Sorry, I couldn’t pick one)

Favorite quote:
"Lately, I can't even look at my mother without wanting to stab her repeatedly." – Angela, Pilot
"Well, I met him, your, uh, friend. He seems, you know... Well, what does meeting somebody prove?"- Graham, Pressure
"Her hair smelled incredible. Her hair smelled like this orange grove we passed when I was eight on my way to see my grandmother. But I guess that's just, like, her shampoo or whatever."-Brian, Life of Brian.

Least favorite moment between 2 characters: Graham and Hallie in the Space, when Hallie tells him that Brad and her broke up.

Event that most resembled an event in my life:
The tension between Angela and Patty in The Zit
Angela and Sharon’s growing apart
Angela’s fight with Jordan in Pressure.

I got chills when: Good chills or bad? When Rayanne and Catalano Do it.

I cried when:
Rickie, Patty, and Angela hug when they find Rickie in the Church at the end of So-Called Angels & in the Our Town Scene.
I’m talking flowing tears in both of those instances.

I smiled biggest when: Angela tells Brian to “go inflate his tires” when he catches on to the fact that she’s being nice to him at the End of Strangers in the House

I laughed hardest when:
In The Weekend, when the kids pull off hiding that Rayanne is handcuffed, when Camille Cherski checks in.
Brian gets an erection from Delia touching his hand in Life of Brian.

I cringed when: Hallie opened her mouth. LOL

I hope that Angela and Rayanne make up: Yes

Character whose personality is most like mine: Angela

I hope that Angela chose: Brian

Character I'd like to befriend: Rickie or Rayanne

Character who grew the most: Jordan & Rickie
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."