I wish I was 15 again....

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
cpalmer
Frozen Embryo

I wish I was 15 again....

Post by cpalmer » Feb 17th 2008, 4:24 pm

I got MSCL for xmas cause I am a huge Jared Leto fan and have just had the time to myself all weekend to watch it... all 19 episodes in 2 days... OMG! I am nearly 32 and it just made me so wish I was back at school-all those feelings came back to me-it was so amazing how MSCL managed to capture that time so perfectly. I really don't think that any other show hit the mark so on the button! Like having your social life controlled by your parents again-urghh and that one person who made you just act soooo weird and kooky when they were in about a mile of you!! You just KNEW!
MSCL made me realise that that time of your life is so free in so many ways and how you just wish you could have appreciated it while you were living it-many of those feelings and experiences will never be lived through again-which is kind of sad-which is what makes this show so GREAT! You can be part of Angela's world through your own memories, its like you are right there with her. Why oh WHY did they only make one series! The best show EVER!!!
C

speed24601
Tino

Re: I wish I was 15 again....

Post by speed24601 » Feb 17th 2008, 6:56 pm

Yeah, watching MSCL again really takes me back as well. I feel like Angela and her friends were my friends. Like I went to school with them. It's really amazing how the show captured what it felt like to be growing up in the '90's. I've even pulled some old plaid flannel shirts out of the closet and started wearing them again. What can I say? I miss the 90's!

MonnyUK2
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MonnyUK2 » Feb 18th 2008, 11:37 am

Having rediscovered this series agian, I wish I was 15. I remember my own days at school and own struggles with relationships, friends etc and it brings back so many memories. Life is so much easier and you don't have the complications you have when you become an adult. As Graham says in episode 2 that most of us are still trying to figure out how to be a man? I think that is what draws many to the show. The fact that we can escape into Angela's world and remember pur own teenage years.

sallyxi

Post by sallyxi » Apr 23rd 2008, 9:20 am

Sometimes, i break into tears since i recall those days long time ago.

msclfan4eva
Frozen Embryo

Post by msclfan4eva » Apr 30th 2008, 11:05 am

I have just watched the whole 19 episodes as i got the box set!!! I cant believe how much i enjoyed it the second time around.. I was 14-15 when it first came on tv here in England and it really captured me and i was hooked... Im 28 now and my partner and 10 yr old daughter watched it with me and loved it which was so nice.. It was cool to share them memories with them.. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh how i wished to be 15 again.. I really used to think i was Angela and i was so in love with Jordan... :oops: :love Well i still am really but as Jared cuz i love his band " 30 seconds to mars"
well this website is like the best thing ive ever come across in the internet and its fab for us fans to be able to share the memories..
So a big HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO from me the :n00b:
i hope to make some new friends here... please email me :B-fly:
LONG LIVE MY SO CALLED LIFE

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Post by Brunkster » Jun 17th 2008, 11:57 pm

Watching this show certainly does bring back the memories. Having said that, though, it is also interesting watching the show now from a non-teenage perspective. In particular, I get a lot more out the parent/adult scenes now than I did when it first aired. That just speaks to the timeless nature of the show. Absolutely wonderful!

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Jun 21st 2008, 10:23 pm

Brunkster wrote:Watching this show certainly does bring back the memories. Having said that, though, it is also interesting watching the show now from a non-teenage perspective. In particular, I get a lot more out the parent/adult scenes now than I did when it first aired. That just speaks to the timeless nature of the show. Absolutely wonderful!

Absolutely, I find myself understanding the parents prospective more then the kinds now when I watch the show. The show is still as good now, as it was when I first watched it back in 1994.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."