Something so important - where were you?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Joanna
Angela's best friend

Something so important - where were you?

Post by Joanna » Mar 11th 2002, 7:58 pm

What I think is really strange (especially being exactly Angela's age in real life and when I first saw the show at 15) - is the episode (either 'Guns and Gossip' or 'The Zit') where Angela is sat at in the class watching a video, leaning on her hand and day-dreaming as she does and she says something about how 'nothing has happened in her life that was so important that she knew where she was when it happened' (I think the video was about Malcolm X or JFK - obviously something her parents will have related to) - Anyway, I guess she does now. We all do. I know where I was when I heard the news 6 months ago to this day - and I'll never forget it.

http://www.usatoday.com/graphics/news/g ... /flash.htm

This site shows the flight paths of that dreadful day - including the one that crashed in Pittsburg (and guess which fictional character lived there?) It is devastating to watch.

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Something so important - where were you?

Post by Colene » Mar 12th 2002, 5:47 am

I agree, I (and Angela) never had something so significant that I would always remember...it truly is one of those events that you will always remember what you were doing or who told you when you found out.

Did anyone else watch that amazing documentary on 9/11 made by those two french film makers? amazing!

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Mar 12th 2002, 10:24 am

Joanna,
That was the beginning of 'Guns and Gossip' and it was a newsreel of JFK. In response to Colene's post... Yes, I did see the the film "9/11" on Sun. night and that WAS amazing. I hear CBS is going to show it again in the near future. Anyone who missed it should really consider taking it in. ..SCARY!

k-man

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Mar 12th 2002, 7:38 pm

Is that the one where there was footage of inside the Trade Centre when the plane struck?? I have heard about it on our news but over here in the UK I don't think it has been shown yet.

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Mar 13th 2002, 6:03 am

Yes, that's the one! It's really amazing..I don't know what sort of delay you guys have over there, but when it does air, you should definitely watch it!

Post by Guest » Mar 16th 2002, 2:13 am

I read an article today that a bunch of European countries have bought the rights to air the documentary on the one-year anniversary of the attack. So you probably won't see it until then. :(