Unaired Episodes? 'Cry' and 'A Whiter Shade of Pale'

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
spence
Frozen Embryo

Unaired Episodes? 'Cry' and 'A Whiter Shade of Pale'

Post by spence » Sep 9th 2006, 6:02 pm

Hi all

I've just finished watching every episode of MSCL for the first time in over 10 years. It was even better than I remembered!

I thought I'd have a quick look at the episode guide over at tv.com and noticed that there was an 'Other Episodes' drop down menu where two episodes which I've not seen mentioned before were listed - 'Cry' and 'A Whiter Shade of Pale'. They are both labelled as 'Unaired'.

Surely this means that those episodes are out there somewhere?!?!

Cry Synopsis: " We find out at that Rayanne's mother dies in this episode and Rayanne doesn't want to cope. "

Link: http://www.tv.com/my-so-called-life/cry ... st;title;0

Whiter Shade of Pale Synopsis: " In the first scene, you see Angela coming out of Jordan's car, with a tear down her cheek. Brian is riding his bike and sees Angela and askes what happend. She replies "Shut up Brian, Shut up." It turns out, Rayanne was in a car accident, which Angela and Jordan had seen as they were driving to a movie. Angela goes to the hostpital to see if Rayanne is OK, and she is, but her mom is not. Rayanne has nowhere to go. But ends up staying with the Chase's, which Patty does not like. "

Link: http://www.tv.com/my-so-called-life/a-w ... mmary.html

I'm a bit dubious about the synopsis for each of these so-called episodes, as there's some contradicting information about Rayanne's mother. Hmmmm. What's it all about?!

Many apologies if this has already been discussed!

Cheers

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 10th 2006, 3:13 am

Welcome to the forum!

All the episodes that were written and filmed were aired. Throughout the season, the network ordered a limited number of episodes at a time (four here, five there) and Winnie Holzman said that they only wrote however many episodes were ordered each time. In other words, they didn't write any episodes beyond what ABC asked for. Episode 19, In Dreams Begin Responsibilities, was the last episode written, filmed, and aired. There are tons of MSCL fan fiction stories (both here and here, as well as elsewhere on the web), and those episode descriptions sound like fan fic type stuff. Although sites like tv.com and imdb. com are great resources, the problem is that they also allow users to submit information that has not been verified.

A few years ago, Winnie Holzman spoke to a class at UC Berkeley about MSCL and what would have happened after In Dreams Begin Responsibilities (in the second season). She doesn't mention anything like Rayanne's mom dying, Rayanne getting into a car accident, or Rayanne staying with the Chases. You can read about it here.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

spence
Frozen Embryo

Post by spence » Sep 10th 2006, 12:22 pm

Thanks for the info and links! Much appreciated!

Hopefully if anyone else heads over to this forum after seeing the extra episodes listed at tv.com, they'll have an answer! I might contact tv.com and question their presence on the site.

Cheers