Jordan and Rayanne as a couple?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Clockwork orange
Nicky Driscoll

Jordan and Rayanne as a couple?

Post by Clockwork orange » Jan 10th 2006, 3:37 pm

Hello!

I rewatched MSCL all over again. Does anybody else think this show, if it had continued, would turned into Felicity or another boring series similar to that.

And, does anybody think Jordan and Rayanne would be good together, because they really looked pretty attracted to each other that night. And that morning after, it just seemed that they wanted to say something to each other but felt really guilty. I just don't see Angela and Jordan together, I don't think he would care much about her once he got to kno her better. She just doesn't seem like his type, while he could really hit it off with Rayanne.
"What we do in life,echoes in eternity."

luvjordan
Tino

Post by luvjordan » Sep 5th 2006, 4:21 pm

Blasphemy! (just kidding) They're too damaged to be together. Jordan would kill Rayanne if they tried to have a serious relationship. Attraction does not a relationship make. Besides, I don't even think they're attracted to each other. They just kind of understand each other, run in the same circles, have some of the same issues. It's familiar. I think Jordan finds Rayanne to be a little grungy and she thinks he's an idiot. The "day after" was about guilt. They knew what they had done and felt some obligation to be cordial to each other, but underneath, I think they were each hoping and praying that other wouldn't say anything remotely meaningful. I think they both needed an opportunity to say, "Okay, it happened, it shouldn't have and it meant absolutely nothing. Please don't tell her (Angela)."
"I call her Red..."

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Sep 5th 2006, 5:36 pm

luvjordan wrote:Blasphemy! (just kidding) They're too damaged to be together. Jordan would kill Rayanne if they tried to have a serious relationship. Attraction does not a relationship make. Besides, I don't even think they're attracted to each other. They just kind of understand each other, run in the same circles, have some of the same issues. It's familiar. I think Jordan finds Rayanne to be a little grungy and she thinks he's an idiot. The "day after" was about guilt. They knew what they had done and felt some obligation to be cordial to each other, but underneath, I think they were each hoping and praying that other wouldn't say anything remotely meaningful. I think they both needed an opportunity to say, "Okay, it happened, it shouldn't have and it meant absolutely nothing. Please don't tell her (Angela)."
Well put, I totally agree with this. We've talked about it in other places, but yeah, I think that Jordan thinks Rayanne is totally irritating, and Rayanne's never seemed interested in Jordan at all. I don't see the mellow kick-back Jordan Catalano being able to put up with the vivacious Rayanne Graff's antics. But I don't assert that he and Angela would neccessarily have a successful relationship either.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Superjesus
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Jordan and Rayanne as a couple?

Post by Superjesus » Jul 19th 2011, 2:06 am

Couldn't work. For one, Jordan can't stand Rayanne. Also, while opposites may attract and all, they're different in too many ways to work. I don't see Catalano putting up with her unique brand of insanity for too long.

The Betrayal happened due to a combination of alcohol and hormones. You can't sustain any kind of relationship on those two factors alone, if it needed to be said.