episode 20 script...

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
lateatnight
Frozen Embryo

episode 20 script...

Post by lateatnight » Sep 30th 2005, 3:45 am

Hi! I'm new here, but I have a quick question that I am sure has probably been asked before. Is there a script for episode 20 out there that was supposed to be filmed before the show got cancelled? Or was the show being written week-to-week as it was being filmed? If there is a script out there, I kind of don't want to know What Happens Next and would rather leave it to my imagination, but at the same time if there is a script out there somewhere, it would be nice to read. I'm assuminng the answer is no otherwise it would be posted on the website, but you never know, right?

By the way, I love that the repeats being shown up here in Canada right now on the Family Channel run without commercial breaks!!!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 30th 2005, 4:18 am

There isn't an official episode 20 script. When the show was in production, they wrote as many episodes as the network ordered in batches, meaning after the pilot ABC asked for X number of episodes and that is how many were written. Then ABC asked for X more episodes and they wrote only that many at that time. The closest thing we have to an official episode 20 is a forum member posted about a Q&A with Winnie Holzman in this thread. Winnie revealed some of the ideas she had for season two. There are also some excellent episode 20s in our fan fiction section and the fan fiction forum.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

motorphyschohell
Frozen Embryo

last episode

Post by motorphyschohell » Sep 30th 2005, 3:30 pm

It's incredibly ironic that no one (I'm assuming)(writers) knew that would be the last episode and we all got one hell of a cliffhanger with no resolution as if you had to wait 'til next season. I agree that if there ever was a scripted ending - I wouldn't want to know how it ended either.

lateatnight
Frozen Embryo

Post by lateatnight » Oct 1st 2005, 11:45 pm

thanks!

ThrozzyFoxx
Tino

Post by ThrozzyFoxx » Oct 5th 2005, 3:17 pm

if you think thats bad, how about not knowing if they lived through the explosion or not... now that has been killing me for quite some time now about another show.