whats the shows actaul climax

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
EchelonFan
Tino

whats the shows actaul climax

Post by EchelonFan » May 1st 2005, 3:18 pm

somebody asked me wat it was and i could never pick a certain episode or moment. wat do u all think?
You are a speck, in this vast universe, you are a dot and nobody loves you.
-30 Seconds to Mars

The Mars Amry is coming... Earth will have no chance.

[california divsion- ECHELON]

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » May 4th 2005, 6:16 pm

Defining climax as a moment of great emotional intensity, but more so as a turning point -- when the conflict is decided one way or the other, I would argue that "Life of Brian" is the series' climax (assuming it has one at all). I'm not entirely sure one even exists, or should exist. MSCL was, after all, written as a television show, and not as a mini-series -- there are character and story arcs, but to write for an overall series arc, would, I think, be writing the show towards a quick cancellation. Different storylines definitely reach their climaxes in different episodes; some are self-contained within a single episode, while others span several, or even all 19. I think it might be misleading to name one episode as the climax episode, which is probably why you've had difficulty naming one, but I do feel that "Life of Brian" marks an overall turning point in the series.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

EchelonFan
Tino

Post by EchelonFan » May 4th 2005, 10:49 pm

thanx
You are a speck, in this vast universe, you are a dot and nobody loves you.
-30 Seconds to Mars

The Mars Amry is coming... Earth will have no chance.

[california divsion- ECHELON]

Gilly
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Gilly » May 4th 2005, 10:57 pm

I always felt like Self Esteem was the climactic point of the series but now that you mention it I don't think there is one, nor should there be.

Clockwork orange
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Clockwork orange » Jun 6th 2005, 3:22 pm

Definitely, Betrayal. All those pent up emotions just burst into one huge explosion, and the of the episode was just incredible
"What we do in life,echoes in eternity."