Please help me! Which episode is this quote from?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Carrie
Frozen Embryo

Please help me! Which episode is this quote from?

Post by Carrie » Mar 13th 2005, 6:54 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new.
Anyway I saw this as someone's senior quote in one of my old yearbooks, but I don't know which episode it is from. Here it is:

"The thing is, people always expect you to be the same. Like you're a rock or something. But even rocks....erode."

Does anyone know where this is from? Thanks in advance

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 13th 2005, 7:38 pm

There isn't any particular quote about rocks that I can recall. The closest two are:

People always say you should be yourself, like yourself is this definite thing, like a toaster, or something. Like you can know what it is, even. -- Pressure

There's so many different ways to be connected to people. There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to, even though there's not even a word for it. There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in this way that other people can't, because they've seen you change....they've let you change. -- Strangers in the House
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

angelfood
Nicky Driscoll

Post by angelfood » Mar 13th 2005, 11:58 pm

oh my god i just felt tears welling up when i read that quote. I forgot about that one

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 14th 2005, 12:23 am

I looked at the transcripts, and the only time in the entire series that the word "erode" is said is in episode 18 - Weekend - when Angela is trying to stall Camille from going upstairs to Patty & Graham's bedroom:
Angela: But, I, do I go to the person and tell them, "Look, you know, I really don't like the top. Can I have the receipt back?" Or does it become this thing that sort of sits in my closet that just erodes like...
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Mar 14th 2005, 1:14 am

So, you are asking when that quote was said in the series, or in something else? I am pretty sure that isn't from the show.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Ghost Of Brian
Frozen Embryo

Post by Ghost Of Brian » Apr 5th 2005, 10:57 pm

It doesn't appear in the show. The original VHS tapes came with these, like, cards with characters' pictures on them. Each one had a "quote" from that character, and most (all?) were not actually from the show. I wonder if Winnie made them up specially, or some hack?