On cancellation

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
dancebythelightofthemoon
Tino

On cancellation

Post by dancebythelightofthemoon » Feb 18th 2005, 3:07 am

...What a shame.

This show was outstanding. It's too bad it didn't go for at least another season. In a strange way I kinda like the way it ends just 19 episodes. I'm so glad I have the chance to watch it over again in Canada on the Family channel, Mon-Thu 11pm (no commercials) =D I found out a month ago and I didn't realize Family started airing it last August. I am so lazy to tape the show even though I miss it a a lot b/c I'm so busy. I looked for the DVDs and it's like trying to find toothpaste in a butcher's shop¿ ~_^ ...and it's very $$$$ So I thought about downloading it and it took me about a week or two to make the decision to do so. It took almost six days :roll: but it was worth it. I burnt two episodes on one disc, it took ten discs but again very worth it. I don't feel ashamed really b/c I would have bought the real thing if it existed and would not have to cost me $200 :shock: And the show is old and discontinued.

I think Brian Krakow and Angela Chase have the best voices---well the actors who play their characters. They truly casted the right people any way. I'm obsessed with the sound of their voices in particular. :)

Also, I seriously think MSCL has THE BEST theme song for a tv show ever! The way the montage of images right from the beginning blend in with the music. Angela running--going through a journey ;) It's so beautiful it hurts look & listen to it. ;) It makes me shout, "I LOVE THE 90's!" AND IT IS...SO '90s! I was only ten then when that show ran. good times. Ahhh the plaid :p

damn, i cannot believe abc cancelled this show. i just loathe all the 'what ifs' it makes me angry and depressed. aaarrghh...what a shame.
It hurts to look at you

liberty
Tino

Post by liberty » Feb 18th 2005, 3:49 pm

Yeah it totally sucks that the show was cancelled! What is it you like about the voices of the characters? I think Angela has a voice that suits her. I guess I never really thought about Brian's. Angela, Jordan and Rayanne are my favourite characters. How about you? I also watch the family channel and the show is so much better to watch without being interupted by commercials.

angelfood
Nicky Driscoll

Post by angelfood » Mar 16th 2005, 8:00 pm

i have all of them on dvd. And trust me it is worth 100% granted it did cost 220$ which is totally ridiculous. But what is hilarious is that I taped every single episode while it was running for the first time. So I have 19 vhs's beside my box set of them its ridiculous, but worth it because the vhs's got me through to the new and improved age of tv series on dvd. I love everything about this show. There is not one thing I would change..........Nope not one, except the constant wonder of "how do you think it ends" Did angela end up with jordon or was it brian after there lingering stare and do rayanne and angela ever get close again. It baffles me to this day I need ANWERS!!!!!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 16th 2005, 11:30 pm

angelfood wrote:There is not one thing I would change..........Nope not one, except the constant wonder of "how do you think it ends" Did angela end up with jordon or was it brian after there lingering stare and do rayanne and angela ever get close again. It baffles me to this day I need ANWERS!!!!!
FYI - some threads that address the eternal Brian vs. Jordan/who did Angela choose questions:

How did you continue MSCL in your mind?
Should Angela have Jordan or Brian?
Brian and Angela
Brian, Angela, and Jordan
Angela's "relationship" with Jordan
Why Brian ends up with Angela
Angela's love for Brian
Could Angela and Brian ever hit it off as a couple?
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?