which version of the song is played in episode self esteem

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
mightyspawn
Frozen Embryo

which version of the song is played in episode self esteem

Post by mightyspawn » Jan 23rd 2005, 12:40 pm

Which version of the song is played in episode self esteem at the end in the school hallway by Buffalo Tom called late at night?

Because in the version i got he starts almost directly to sing, But in this episode there is a 1 minute intro. Or did they just let it start somewhere in the middle, or mixed it a little bit.?

I was just wondering, i liked that version in mscl

liberty
Tino

Buffalo Tom song

Post by liberty » Feb 4th 2005, 11:02 pm

I don't know which versions they used, but I also liked the way the show did that scene. I believe that particular show was titled "self-esteem". I thought that the music fit in well with how everybody arrives at their locker, and of course all the dynamics that go on with people watching Jordan and Angela. I guess it's just seems to fall naturally and realistically. The hallway scene really reminded me of when I was in high school,you know, back in the day!

angelfood
Nicky Driscoll

Post by angelfood » Mar 16th 2005, 8:05 pm

i bought the buffalo tom cd and you are right they do just go straight into it. You cant find the instumental part that they played on THE GREATEST MOMENT IN TV HISTORY!!!

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Mar 16th 2005, 10:34 pm

No... they start the song in the middle at the end. Listen to the song, and there will be the instramental part.
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Space Goast- (Turns to Thom Yorke) Is that right?
Thom- ...No.
Space Goast- Cuz it sounds like a good idea... so do it.

-Space Goast With Thom Yorke

CanyonCrow
Tino

Post by CanyonCrow » Apr 4th 2005, 2:52 pm

The "1 minute intro" is a loop of the opening. On the Buffalo Tom albums "Big Red Letter Day" and "Asides," Late At Night has an 8 second guitar intro. The loop is just a repeating of that. On top of that, I can't recall Buffalo Tom ever recording more than one version of a song, even on their "Besides" album.

Ghost Of Brian
Frozen Embryo

Post by Ghost Of Brian » Apr 5th 2005, 11:35 pm

Yeah, but the version at the end of episode 12 has a guitar playing THE VOCAL LINE--something which doesn't appear on the studio version. I can only assume a special version was commissioned and recorded. Unless they just had one lying around...