What do you think Rusty was like?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

What do you think Rusty was like?

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 5th 2002, 5:47 am

Along the lines of my similar query about Tino, I'm wondering what you thought of Amber's flame. He's mentioned a number of times but we never see him either, so I'd love to know what your mental picture is of this guy.

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Re: What do you think Rusty was like?

Post by Joanna » Feb 5th 2002, 7:27 pm

A drunken, stubbly, long-greasy-haired lout that treats women like poo and probably has more than one on the go at a time with a beer in the other hand! If he's not with a woman or drinking beer then he is probably passed out on the couch snoring. I don't think he was probably a very nice chap at all! He wears leather waist coats with nothing on underneath, leather pants and black boots and probably fancies himself as a free bird biker!

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 6th 2002, 4:23 am

Wow, Joanna. I think you were secretly sitting in on one of the writers' meetings for the show. Seriously though, your idea of Rusty is similar to what I viewed him as. He's a fan of the Grateful Dead, so he's got a bit of that hippie to him but he also seems to be a bit of a deadbeat since he did end up moving in with Amber and Rayanne. I'm guessing that Amber was enamored with him because he was a bad boy and also a free spirit like her.

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Lauria
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Lauria » Feb 6th 2002, 2:05 pm

I agree in many ways with you both. I always thought of him as being a rude, deadbeat, drunk guy who doesn't care too much for the inconvenience that Amber has a child,Rayanne, and that her daughter's friends might come over and get in the way. He probably just thought of Rayanne as being in the way. Anyways...

=) L