So many people HATE mscl! why?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 31st 2004, 9:50 pm

Perhaps as bulletin board software improves it will become easier to organise and sort large numbers of duplicate or near-duplicate threads, thus removing the need for redundant thread-locks. In the mean time however, the current administration policy seems a reasonable, if not entirely perfect, method for culling the clutter.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Aug 31st 2004, 10:10 pm

JammerMan wrote:I've been to The-N.com and I don't think any of those kids are capable of putting thought into a television show. They're just concerned with the hookups and breakups on Degrassi.
Yes! My gosh those kids are dense in that way.
There`s Something About My Life....

whitespy12
Three Rivers Resident

Post by whitespy12 » Aug 31st 2004, 11:03 pm

JammerMan wrote:I've been to The-N.com and I don't think any of those kids are capable of putting thought into a television show. They're just concerned with the hookups and breakups on Degrassi.
Yes, I've noticed this as well. Its really very sad. There are some fans on that forum, who actually understand the show, and I respect them for that. But there are also a lot of annoying little preteens who don't like show for some pretty pathetic reasons (usually their single excuse is "it's old").
"I'm hungry, I want eggs" - Claire Danes' impression of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Late Night with Conan O'Brien (January 22, 2003)

sarahr_81
Overlooked Sibling

Post by sarahr_81 » Sep 10th 2004, 6:18 pm

ok, i cant see why anyone wouldnt like this show, it was such a great show, even 10 years later its still fresh and exciting.

frozen embryos
Nicky Driscoll

Post by frozen embryos » Sep 25th 2004, 9:04 pm

whitespy12 wrote:
Yes, I've noticed this as well. Its really very sad. There are some fans on that forum, who actually understand the show, and I respect them for that. But there are also a lot of annoying little preteens who don't like show for some pretty pathetic reasons (usually their single excuse is "it's old").
i post at the-n and i've gotten "it's old" too but mostly "it's boring" :roll:

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Oct 5th 2004, 9:26 pm

Never been to N.com, but the only place I've read negative stuff about MSCL was a post on Jumptheshark. Based on this post, I don't think I'll be going to N.com soon.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

CrimsonGlow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by CrimsonGlow » Oct 15th 2004, 10:42 am

That's difficult because the reason 99.9% of why people are posting here and visiting mscl.com is because they love the show. But of course, there will be those who don't like something. They're dumb. They probably watch the crap on tv right now. Any other questions?
"Seeing a teacher's actual lunch is like, sooo depressing"

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 16th 2004, 12:13 pm

I've heard some people don't like the show because it's too depressing, too realistic, and too slow-paced.

In fact, I've heard that's why it didn't get "smash-hit" ratings when it aired on ABC.

:roll: Whatever! I still love it.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~