I Missed The Last Episode:(

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
kandykiss19
Tino

I Missed The Last Episode:(

Post by kandykiss19 » Aug 9th 2004, 5:24 pm

2 hours before the finale of MSCL came on, my satelite broke!!! Do i have bad luck or what!

Anyways i have been waiting like 3 weeks for the guy to fix our satelite so i can hopefully catch a rerun, BUT I CANT WAIT ANYMORE

I went to buy the box set aswell but they had no mroe left and they said they would call me in 6 weeks when the order comes in

So i was wondering if someone could explain to me in detail what happens!!! I know theres disscussion boards and everything but people get into it too much and i dont know what they are talking about, soo pleeease help!!!
Well, either sex or a conversation, ideally both.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 9th 2004, 5:53 pm

Rather than describing the entire episode in detail (which would be quite lengthy), I am going to point you in a different direction: you can read the episode transcript or the episode recap. The episode discussion is just what it sounds like - a discussion of the episode, not a summary of the episode, so it probably won't make much sense to you until after you know what has happened in the episode.

You might be able to rent the DVD if you can't wait until your satellite is fixed. I know Netflix definitely has MSCL, but the local Blockbuster might have it too.
Last edited by Natasha (candygirl) on Aug 9th 2004, 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 9th 2004, 5:54 pm

If you look under the Library section of this website you will find all the transcripts of the episodes, including #19 "In Dreams begin Responsibilities"
You may also wan to to look at Candygirl's weekly episode thread for #19

Also, if you order the DVDs from Amazon or something, you'll probably get them much faster than waiting for a store shipment. Enjoy!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 9th 2004, 5:55 pm

Oh, CG beat me by a minute! :P
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 9th 2004, 5:56 pm

Just call me Speedy Gonzales!

:lol:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

kandykiss19
Tino

ya

Post by kandykiss19 » Aug 9th 2004, 11:57 pm

thanks...i feel so dumb lol there a whole thing for it and i didnt know. lol

but just to be clear, i live in toronto canada, and i had to drive REALLY far to find a movie store that had it, and it was sold out. if i order it, with shipping it will be like double the cost and ive checked like 700 blockbusters:P ppl here arent too familiar with it because u can only see it on satelite on the n.
Well, either sex or a conversation, ideally both.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 10th 2004, 12:09 am

I've never seen them at a Bockbuster; the only movie rental store I've seen MSCL in, is a little independent shop in Isla Vista. (which they bought at my suggestion. Just doing my part to spread MSCL :D ) I wouldn't have thought that the shipping would be that much, just like $5 or something. If it makes you feel better, after their inital release, I never, or very rarely, see the DVDs in stores in LA. Well, good luck! You will love it when you have them all at your disposal!

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 10th 2004, 12:16 am

You could also try the re-caps here:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show.cgi
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 10th 2004, 12:25 am

Oh good call Megs! Even if you don't read the MSCL recaps, any television fan should bookmark http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com.

It has been a few months since I was in Toronto but there were still some of the independent music/dvd stores that had MSCL in stock. Unfortunatley I have no idea what they were. Have you done an exhaustive search of Toronto stores? It's an unappealing task but if you checked in with as many of the local businesses as you can, even by phone, I'm confident you could find a copy in less time than the 6 weeks your were told. And if it was HMV who told you six weeks, there's a good chance they are full of crap. I don't know where you went but HMV always tells me 6 weeks for anything they dont' have in stock and then several months later will admit that they actually can't get it in at all.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 10th 2004, 1:59 am

Ah, great minds think alike (mostly because we love a lot of the same stuff!) - the link to the episode recap in my above post goes straight to the TWoP recap for this ep.

:mrgreen: