Who was Corey Halfrick really interested in?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Superjesus
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Who was Corey Halfrick really interested in?

Post by Superjesus » Jul 19th 2011, 6:10 am

Honestly? Out of the three, the only one I remember him having any interest in was Rayanne.

It's been a few weeks since I last watched the show so maybe I need to watch again, but from Corey's few appearances I never remember him being that interested in Rickie. I can't help but believe that fans are kind of assuming here - that because Corey's an artsy and sorta odd-ball type that he must be gay, even though we see no evidence that he is. And therefore, if he's gay, he must be right for Rickie.

As for Angela, well. We all know what was doing there.

RCBS
Overlooked Sibling
Location: 100 miles from Three Rivers, on the good side of the River

Post by RCBS » Jul 19th 2011, 12:11 pm

Chips.
Last edited by RCBS on Dec 16th 2016, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mutajon
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Mutajon » Jul 19th 2011, 5:02 pm

RCBS wrote:He painted Rayanne's shoes...'nuff said.
Indeed.
"Aaaand dance by the light of the mooooon"

BuffaloLawnmower
Liberty High Student

Post by BuffaloLawnmower » Jul 26th 2011, 5:53 am

I think that Corey might be interested in both Rickie and Rayanne.

He does seem disappointed that she isn't at the dance and like he had been looking forward to seeing her. I couldn't really believe him when he said that he had wanted to know if she liked how he painted her shoes. That seemed like a cover-up to me.

However, there's something in his demeanor that suggests that maybe he likes Rickie too. Plus, it's also possible that he was disappointed that Rayanne wasn't there, but maybe because he had wanted to spend more time with her because he liked her and was intrigued by her 'wild side'/'free spirit', not necessarily because he was romantically interested in her. Maybe she piques his curiosity as an artist and creative person, sort of like how Rickie is drawn to Rayanne but is not interested in her in 'that way'.

My personal interpretation is that Corey could be bisexual or could be questioning his sexual orientation.

Mutajon
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Mutajon » Jul 31st 2011, 3:42 am

I can't recall specific moments off the top of my head, but I remember that there were at least a couple of times when certain behaviors of Corey towards Rickie made my see pretty clearly that he's not romantically/sexually interested in him (at least not consciously).
The only person I thought was hinted as a possible love interest for Corey was Rayann - based on Corey's disappointment when she didn't come to the dance (I personally don't think he would've expressed such disappointment if he was only intrigued/interested by her as a creative/energetic person).
"Aaaand dance by the light of the mooooon"

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Aug 7th 2011, 10:57 pm

I always thought that they would eventually have Corey and Rickki get together.

I agree with the other poster that there's something in his demeanor that suggests he is bisexual.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."