Maybe there was an ending...

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
ophelia

Maybe there was an ending...

Post by ophelia » Mar 24th 2004, 8:27 am

I only recently bought the DVD set and watched it all the way through. I think maybe there was a true ending after all... If you assume that people's lives mimic the lives of their parents.
Angela's mom was talking about her old boyfriend and said something like "After awhile you just want stability." Later, she is reminded of her old boyfriend by Jordan... Which leads me to think Angela's eventually going to end up with Brian.
As far as Rayanne and Angela's argument, Patty and Camille went through the same thing and made up, so we can assume that Angela will forgive Rayanne.
It doesn't answer what happens with Rickie or if Graham has an affair, but...

Whatever

Re: Maybe there was an ending...

Post by Whatever » Mar 24th 2004, 2:37 pm

ophelia wrote:I only recently bought the DVD set and watched it all the way through. I think maybe there was a true ending after all... If you assume that people's lives mimic the lives of their parents.
Angela's mom was talking about her old boyfriend and said something like "After awhile you just want stability." Later, she is reminded of her old boyfriend by Jordan... Which leads me to think Angela's eventually going to end up with Brian.
As far as Rayanne and Angela's argument, Patty and Camille went through the same thing and made up, so we can assume that Angela will forgive Rayanne.
It doesn't answer what happens with Rickie or if Graham has an affair, but...
yes, altough I see your point, i don't think things work out that way. yes, there are some similarities between youngsters and their parents but that does not necessarily mean that their lives will be the same, every person is different and makes different choices and not necessarily the right ones.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 24th 2004, 5:00 pm

I believe the parallels between Angela's experience and Patty's experience were intended to illustrate that although teenagers often feel "I'm the only one who has ever gone through this and it's sooooooo hard," these are actually very common rites of passage. Not everyone goes through the exact same situations, but there are definitely a number of things (like having a best friend betray you) that are pretty typical of the teen experience. Not everyone reacts the same way, which is what makes people's lives different. I don't necessarily believe that Patty's choices would dictate Angela's choices.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?