mscl wrong ending?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
msclrules
Liberty High Student

agreed

Post by msclrules » Feb 20th 2004, 8:31 pm

i would have to say that they're trying to leave you in suspense for a while, wondering what would have happened if the show was still running.
~msclrules~

lithiumkat
Three Rivers Resident

Post by lithiumkat » Feb 24th 2004, 8:24 pm

You know, it's kind of funny, my take on the way they ended. It's like as much as on the one hand it frustrates me because they leave you completely and totally hanging, on the other hand, there's something nice about it in the sense that for one, people who enjoy fanfics, this is wide open for tons of fanfics to spring from. But more importantly, everyone has their own opinions and ideas and takes on all the charachters and their relationships with each other and so on. Especially the Jordan/Brian/Angela thing and this allows each viewer to come up with their own ideas of how they thought it ended, what they think would have happened next, or whatever. I mean, instead of possibly being disappointed with a definite ending that they maybe wouldn't have liked or wouldn't have agreed with. It leaves it open for everyone to decide for themselves. So it is one of those love/hate bittersweet things for me, I am of course like anyone else frustrated that the last episode leaves you completely hanging but in the same sense I can appreciate the fact that it was left open to interpretation...ya know?
"people always say how you should be yourself, like yourself is this definite thing...like a toaster or something, like you can know what it is even."

msclrules
Liberty High Student

Post by msclrules » Feb 24th 2004, 9:14 pm

lithiumkat wrote:You know, it's kind of funny, my take on the way they ended. It's like as much as on the one hand it frustrates me because they leave you completely and totally hanging, on the other hand, there's something nice about it in the sense that for one, people who enjoy fanfics, this is wide open for tons of fanfics to spring from. But more importantly, everyone has their own opinions and ideas and takes on all the charachters and their relationships with each other and so on. Especially the Jordan/Brian/Angela thing and this allows each viewer to come up with their own ideas of how they thought it ended, what they think would have happened next, or whatever. I mean, instead of possibly being disappointed with a definite ending that they maybe wouldn't have liked or wouldn't have agreed with. It leaves it open for everyone to decide for themselves. So it is one of those love/hate bittersweet things for me, I am of course like anyone else frustrated that the last episode leaves you completely hanging but in the same sense I can appreciate the fact that it was left open to interpretation...ya know?
i think that the typical ending would have been something like angela and brian hooking up, showing that angela would dump jordan for good and she and rayanne would try to work out their problems, or angela tells brian straight up that she isn't interested in him.
~msclrules~