Unfinished Business

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Frances Farmer
Nicky Driscoll

Unfinished Business

Post by Frances Farmer » Oct 18th 2003, 10:04 pm

Just thinking about all the stuff that was never resolved that was cut short, just wondering what would happen and questions that were brought up with answers hinted at but never answered. Hopefully the rest of you will bring some up?

Did Brian and Reyanne sleep together on Halloween? It sure seems that they did but they never actually say it. There are many hints throughout the series but they never said actually. I think they did.

Did Angela end up with Krakow or Jordan, or neither. Jordan wasn't a guy who would last. The Brian/Angela relationship was like Graham's and Patty's relationship, she was the pretty girl who basically ignored Graham who was the dork all through high school.

I had so many but I'm blankin, more later, when I remember.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Unfinished Business

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 19th 2003, 2:59 am

Frances Farmer wrote:Did Brian and Reyanne sleep together on Halloween? It sure seems that they did but they never actually say it. There are many hints throughout the series but they never said actually. I think they did.
I don't think that they did. In So-Called Angels, when Sharon asks if Rayanne knows Brian, Rayanne replies, "Not real well. We slept together once. It's a joke, Cherski." If Rayanne had really had sex with Brian, I certainly don't think she would admit it to Sharon, of all people - it might ruin her reputation! When the janitor finds Brian and Rayanne in the morning, they are fully clothed and literally sleeping. Rayanne has such immense intimacy issues that if she and Brian really did have sex, she would have bolted immediately without any concern for setting off the alarm. Brian, as hard up as he is, has strong enough principles that he, unlike Jordan, wouldn't have sex with a girl unless he had very strong feelings for her, no matter how attracted he was to her. Lastly, if Brian did have sex with Rayanne, he would have stopped chasing after Angela and made Rayanne the focus of his attention.
Did Angela end up with Krakow or Jordan, or neither. Jordan wasn't a guy who would last. The Brian/Angela relationship was like Graham's and Patty's relationship, she was the pretty girl who basically ignored Graham who was the dork all through high school.
There are several threads that pose the Jordan or Brian question:

Brian and Angela
Brian, Angela, and Jordan
Why Brian ends up with Angela
Should Angela have Jordan or Brian?
Angela's love for Brian
Could Angela and Brian ever hit it off as a couple?
How did you continue MSCL in your mind?
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Post by Guest » Oct 19th 2003, 9:54 am

Candygirl wrote;
Brian, as hard up as he is, has strong enough principles that he, unlike Jordan, wouldn't have sex with a girl unless he had very strong feelings for her, no matter how attracted he was to her.
I disagree.Jordan has sex( probably often) because he is good looking and opportunities just fall onto his lap :oops: .Brian, on the other hand,is the resident geek but he is also a horny teenage boy.He could care less about his principles if only the resident "most slut potential" ( aka Mrs.Graff) chose to put out for him that night on Halloween.

Nik
Liberty High Student

Post by Nik » Oct 19th 2003, 1:17 pm

I have to strongly disagree!! If that were the case, I don't think that he would have blown Deliah Fisher off in Life of Brian. Yes, he did think that he may have a chance with Angela at that point, but he struggled with the idea of going out with Deliah all along. Although it may be some peoples opinion, I don't think it was just because he was too shy to ask her out. Also-- in self-esteem when Angela and Brian are talking about why she's "just sad about boys", Brian comments that not all guys just want to sleep with girls. I believe he really feels that way.

I know that most teen-age boys do just think about that, but there is a small percentage that really don't, and not just because they can't.

Just my humble opinion.
Nik

“Well, I guess it depends on how-- badly you need wallpaper”
“I would say pretty badly”

CrimsonGlow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by CrimsonGlow » Oct 19th 2003, 9:33 pm

Totally a no-brainer that nothing happened between Brian and Rayanne on that Halloween night in the school basement, except for being locked in! Watch the show again and there is no indication or viewer emotion/impulse that would make you think of it, unless you forced it so hard! Hehe. Brian is very Angela-obsessed that she's all he's thinking about in terms of prospects.
"Seeing a teacher's actual lunch is like, sooo depressing"

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 20th 2003, 10:32 pm

I think it makes it that much more special not knowing...
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

Frances Farmer
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Frances Farmer » Oct 21st 2003, 1:25 pm

Well at the end of the halloween episode, krakow goes to rickie and is really excited and says did reyenne tell you what happened last night, and rickie says yah she said it was totally bogus, and krakow looks very disappointed.

And in the episode weekend, when krakow is trying the new key, reyanne says your on the top this time krakow, and he says can we keep this professional.

I think they did something, maybe even a kiss or something, they didn't just fall asleep together.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Oct 21st 2003, 3:25 pm

Maybe Brian held Rayanne really close. I doubt it was a kiss. It was something meaningful but not sex. Brian would have gone after Rayanne big time if they had slept together. And Rayanne tends to exaggerate.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 22nd 2003, 5:41 am

Nope, I'm sorry, it's pretty conclusive that they didn't sleep together. or even get close.

To Brian, a night breaking into the school and hanging out with Angela and her friends is a gggggggggggreat night. To Rayanne, it does probably suck. She doesn't like Brian, and she had to spend a night locked in a room with him.

To Rayanne, I think it was a joke. She exploited it later in the series to make Brian feel uncomfortable because he was probably excited at the prospect of Rayanne (think the 'shaving legs' moment and her later confrontation to him on this point) and she knew it. It wasn't a reflection of any prior intimacy, in my book.

But seeing as it's halloween, I will be watching the episode again soon and will do so positively looking for it to see if I can see it.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Oct 22nd 2003, 9:15 am

I find watching normal activities sexy. The scene in which Brian sees Rayanne shaving her legs brought back some good memories. I can remember watching a woman I was dating go through her normal after-bathing routine -- toweling dry, applying lotion, brushing her hair, etc. It seemed like I wanted nothing more than to be there with her in that moment. At one point, she asked me what I was looking at. I told her I was looking at her. I don't know. Sometimes, I wish I had said what I just wrote here. Maybe the newness and intoxication wears off over time. But I think about that moment from time to time. It makes me smile.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/