Who is Tino ?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 17th 2007, 10:51 pm

I kind of think that I have asked this before (possibly more than once), but I can't find it, and can't remember the answer if I have, so I'll ask again... In "On the Wagon" when Rayanne says: "Tino'd be telling me right now if he was like in school", what do people take that to mean? Is Tino older and not in school at all, is he suspended right now, is he just cutting (which is most likely the case, although the way Rayanne says it makes it sound like this is a known thing that he is not in school, making it seem less likely that he is just ditching)... Or it could be any number of other possibilities. Is Tino older than Jordan and his school friends? And who has Tino known longer do you think, Jordan or Rayanne? I know a lot of the time that there's no real answer to our discussions, which now must be doubly true for Tino, but it's fun to read what meaning and background other viewers lend to the show and its characters.
(Moderators, is this post better suited to a Tino thread?)
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

tinosgirl
Frozen Embryo

Re: Who is Tino ?

Post by tinosgirl » Jan 30th 2009, 5:46 am

Tino is the man.

He always has a "space."

It's cool, Tino's giving me a ride.

I can't, I have to meet Tine in an hour.

Whoever Tino is, I just hope he can get me into the club on Friday.

redordead
Tino

Re: Who is Tino ?

Post by redordead » Mar 27th 2009, 1:57 pm

I love Richards ideas, when he says a lot of the charm of the show is in the things we don't know I think he's absolutely right, i hadn't thought of it like that before. I really enjoy the Tino character, he is like an in-joke.

I do wonder if they were thinking along the Waiting for Godot lines when they wrote him in. You know, the two tramps discussing everything and their lives happening while they wait for someone who never shows up?