Jordan's hair lenght

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Taricco
Nicky Driscoll

Jordan's hair lenght

Post by Taricco » Apr 28th 2003, 8:33 am

Do you like him more with short hair like in the pilot or with more longer hair like in The Substitute or with long hair like in the last ones?

Post by Guest » Apr 28th 2003, 10:57 am

I really like it long, like in the last episodes. Guys with long hair is hott, but they have to be able to pull it off and he does :D

Post by Guest » Apr 28th 2003, 11:42 am

I like him every way!!!! :twisted:

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 28th 2003, 12:20 pm

I always likes the shorter hair better.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 28th 2003, 12:49 pm

The young women I hung out with in high school found long hair on fellow male students sexy. I guess long hair represented the counter-culture, danger, and rebellion. It helped if the guys have good looking bodies. I guess I was fortunate, or unfortunate (it depends on how you look at it), that I had some really good female friends who would regularly tell me who they thought were hot and why. The proportion of friends to girl friends was very much weighted towards the former. I had shoulder length hair during parts of junior and senior high school. My hair was laughingly short the rest of the time. However, I didn't have a well-built body.

I can definitely understand why Angela finds Jordan attractive. I think he looks too clean-cut and not very dangerous with short hair.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

meggrrrl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by meggrrrl » Apr 28th 2003, 5:26 pm

Tom, "laughingly short" hair and a "not very well-built body?" you sound like my type! :wink:

I, as a rule, absolutely don't like long hair on guys. I go for the clean-cut, boy next door type. Still, Jared Leto could have hair to his ankles and still be hot, he's just blessed.

meg

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 29th 2003, 12:24 am

One of my first boyfriends had REALLY long hair. It was stick-straight and blonde, and at one time it went almost all the way down to his butt. I liked it long at first, but after a while I didn't like it very much anymore. I sort of pressured him to cut it and when he did, I found myself a lot more attracted to him. We broke up a little over three years ago, and since him I can't bring myself to go out with a guy with long hair like that. It sounds mean, but I don't notice them in the same way as I do a guy with short hair. It's a little bit more masculine to me, I guess. The female psyche. Go figure.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

doodles444s
Overlooked Sibling

Post by doodles444s » Apr 29th 2003, 11:13 pm

I like Jordan with short hair more than long hair. I think I agree with Kristin that it makes him look more feminine. Now that I think about it, Jordan's short hair is much longer than what my ex's had. The funny thing is that one of my ex's had long hair (maybe shoulder length.. enough for a ponytail) before we really met. I had seen him around high school and he didn't catch my eye (and probably scared me a bit not because of the hair.. he was intimidating). But I was attracted to him when my cousin brought him to my house later on, a year or so, when he had his head shaved cuz he was heading to bootcamp and was in the reserves.

An interesting thing to bring up as an aside and after discussing Jordan looking feminine with long hair, sorry to go off topic a little... I had been taught, read or heard (it was probably brought up in one of my drawing classes or maybe a home discussion) that a lot of the male celebrities and models that are typically attractive for (American) women have feminine characteristics, like more delicate features.. To name a few: Ryan Philippe, Brad Pitt, Leonardo Dicaprio, even Jared Leto. I could probably name more.. but I'm having issues thinking of any.

Sorry to go off topic... just figured something interesting to think about

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 30th 2003, 12:20 am

Jordan's hair is a LOT shorter in the pilot because it was shot soooo long before episode two. I like it shorter as opposed to the length in the last episode, but I do like it longer than say a Marine jarhead look. I don't mind the front being really long, but once the sides and back got long enough that they stuck out when he was wearing that baseball hat (in Pressure), that was too long.

I agree with the assessment of pretty boys making it in Hollywood. High cheekbones, longer hair, etc. Most importantly, symmetric features. Another important aspect of male hair is the texture, more so than the length. Even when Jordan's hair is short you can tell that it's soft and silky, not course and wiry - the kind of hair that you can run your fingers through.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lithiumkat
Three Rivers Resident

Long hair <333

Post by lithiumkat » Apr 30th 2003, 12:37 am

All guys, almost without exception, look IMMENSLY better with long hair. I love long hair on guys lol major selling point. There are a lot of guys that are like decent or okay looking and then with long hair it's like...ohmigoddie! lol they are just so gorgeous. That is one of my major like things that gets me about a guy, if he has long hair hes hot. I mean of course not always but it certianly helps, and it pisses me off when guys who have long hair and they are beautiful then they cut their hair of and its like NOOOO What did you do?!? Anthony Kiedus man, he was f-ing hot with long hair then he cut it and i was like ick. Jordan with longer hair is DEF a much better thing.
"people always say how you should be yourself, like yourself is this definite thing...like a toaster or something, like you can know what it is even."

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 30th 2003, 4:10 am

I guess it's all just a matter of preference. Jordan's hair never got as long as my ex's did, but still there is something about a guy with long hair that just doesn't "do it" for me since my ex and I broke up. I could just prefer guys with short hair because of that - I'd be reminded too much of my ex. A little long is okay, but when it's as long as my ex's was (halfway down his back) I just can't stand it. I just can't have a guy who has longer hair than I do. I have plenty of male friends with long hair or have had long hair, and they are very cool in my book, but as for a boyfriend or what I'm really attracted to, it's gotta be short hair. I can think of at least two guys here at my school that I found myself checking out a lot more after they cut their hair short. Also, I find that (no offense to any males with long hair reading this, I don't know you remember) most males with long hair don't take very good care of their hair. They either don't wash it or brush it, and it looks very unkempt and matty. And there are long greasy hairs all over the place. Gross in my book.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 30th 2003, 9:42 am

Angela says she will miss Jordan's hair in "Pressure." The softness excites her. So, I think he takes good care of his hair. The short hair Jordan has in "Pilot" just doesn't suit his character -- the rebel, the unobtainable one. He looks kind of preppie in "Pilot." His longer hair later in the series sets him apart. I think hair longer than shoulder-length on a guy is too long.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Apr 30th 2003, 11:27 am

My vote is for the medium length, as seen in the first few episodes after the pilot. Where it just starts to go over his ears and is getting longer in the back. I had my hair parted in the middle and the length was down to the top of my ears. I always wanted it a bit longer, but my hair is slightly wavey and always had different ideas. The girls at the salon would think my wavey hair was great, I always thought it was a huge pain in the ass. I keep it about an inch long now so it doesn't have a chance to cause trouble.

An interesting question about Jordon's changing hair length is whether is was his idea or the producers. It was really long when I saw 30STM last fall. Makes me think it might have been Jared's idea.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Apr 30th 2003, 4:08 pm

Long hair on guys, great topic. I prefer Jordan with medium length or short hair. Long hair on guys is something I found incredibly sexy on guys when I was in High School and it was very popular. However, now I am over that. I prefer short to medium length. A little grown out is good. I also think the over grown buzz cut can be very sexy. Especially when it so so soft to the touch. Although I have fallen for guys with hardly any hair at all.

Also I noticed that most guys are not meant to have long hair. Most can not deal with it. For women it is normal, my hair is never shorter than my shoulders and has been as long as waste length. I have not had it short since grade school, and those photos are supressed along with the perm photos. Anyway I am used to long hair. It does not bother me to have it down, I can deal with it blowing in the wind. But guys can not deal, they always have to pull it back and they can seldom get past the inbetween stage where it hangs in the eyes, and lets not even talk about the lack of washing.

On another note both of my brothers tried long hair and it was ridiclous. My younger brother's thick staright hair grew out not down and his face was too long and it gave him a horce face look. Then one of my friends mistaked him for a girl from behind and he cut it the very next day and it has remained super short ever since. My older brother grew it out and it was culry and looked very good. But alas he could not stand it and thought it looked stupid, so now he keeps it super short so it has no curl at all.

What about Brain Krakow's hair? That white man's fro. Of course Devin keeps it very short now which in my opinion looks so much better. When I met him and we talked for a short while, it was about his hair. I wonder if he is sick of the questions about his hair ? Anyway I have rambled.

Great topic!
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » May 1st 2003, 12:26 am

I did some digging and unearthed some old "hair" threads:

hair as a metaphor

Graham and Hallie
(scroll down to find the hair discussion)

And now a cautionary hair tale: My best friend recently decided to try dreadlocks. When done properly, this hairstyle is attractive, low-maintenance, and self-sustaining. Unfortunately, the stylist underestimated the difficulty of creating the dreads and botched them horribly. My friend had to shear off a half-decade's worth of hair growth in one fell swoop. So please, make sure your barber or stylist knows what they are doing before you attempt a complex new look.

:o :wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain