10 Year Party Begins!

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
CrimsonGlow
Overlooked Sibling

10 Year Party Begins!

Post by CrimsonGlow » Apr 3rd 2003, 2:39 am

Well what can I say? I just don't have the words. It's been 10 years since the pilot was filmed and put together, and this was the start of the journey that forever left a mark on die-hard fans and even those who are just plain interested in MSCL. Well, the anniversary party starts now because after all, though the pilot was filmed in March '93, the show first aired in Sept. '94, so the anniversary is a span of time. It's weird to think that in 2004, we'll be saying that 10 years ago was 1994. That I cannot even THINK of because I think 1994 is when the "now" zone of my life actually began. When My So-Called Life aired and I was forever changed. This wasn't TV anymore, it was an awakening for me, and I had found my true TV program finally. A work of sincerity, art, and something special that is felt, not described. This was a revelation for me, and it paved the way for so many things unexplained. It also confirmed my over-the-top introspective nature! For some reason, I just end up liking and connecting with the outcasts and the pieces of figures and works that were ahead of its time or something considered "weird" and unusual when it really is good stuff, a breath of fresh air. And then, the rest of them try to catch that air years later while it has long disappeared and a piece of it is with me forever. My So-Called Life. Wow.

Alex
"CrimsonGlow"
8)
"Seeing a teacher's actual lunch is like, sooo depressing"