Discussion for Episode 5: the Zit

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: Discussion for Episode 5: the Zit

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 4th 2011, 8:15 am

Wow, that's so funny. Good eye! I remember the original poster, but I definitely never noticed its transformation. I can't decide if I think it was Rayanne... Rayanne does not smoke. But she does take pleasure in subverting convention and societal, mandates.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Mutajon
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Mutajon » Jun 4th 2011, 3:45 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote: Rayanne does not smoke. But she does take pleasure in subverting
convention and societal, mandates.
My thoughts exactly...
"Aaaand dance by the light of the mooooon"

Kbranagh
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Kbranagh » Jun 19th 2020, 7:02 am

I have to be honest, during the first act i didn't like this episode! All the zip and boobs thing it's seemed a little silly but by end i was hooked and he become one of my favourite so far! I It's seemed simple on the surface but beneath it's very complex and very well written episode about beauty not only for Angela but also for her family dynamic and friends. I didn't get it at first.
The scene with the model in the bathroom and the last with Sharon are amazing and i liked also that finally they included Danielle more, at least this time! I want to see more scenes with Angela and Danielle togheter.
And The music of W.G Snuffy Walden in this episode? amazing!! all the zip-beauty suite is pure gold and perfect for the fellings of the characters! This man is great.

PS. At the beginning in class, Angela is jealous of Brian or Sharon?? :-P :roll:

Grade: A/B
"Or something'